Box Ox

fellow workers in the same boat are busting it out harder than ever

Yeah, don’t do that or let management tell you to do that just because you’re making more. The body wear can be cumulative. I do understand the natural inclination to want to perform better after a pay bump. But you don’t wanna already be half way into a wheelchair if/when you do go driving.

Hannah-banana

Yeah, don’t do that or let management tell you to do that just because you’re making more. The body wear can be cumulative. I do understand the natural inclination to want to perform better after a pay bump. But you don’t wanna already be half way into a wheelchair if/when you do go driving.

Thank you for this advice. I agree. I do pace myself and keep doing things safely. I also consider that setting a new standard of speed, one would be expected to maintain that speed.

I was already doing my very best for safe speed and load quality, but now I'm just a little more patient with the nonsense and randomness. And quick to laugh and jump in there..

Maplewood

Our building preload just went to $15 an hour starting wage. They tried the bonus thing for newbs but that did piss off guys hired 3 months earlier that were not getting the 100/week attendance bonus. Amazon is hiring all our preload away with $18/hour and instant bennies. Our contract has always said these wage rates are the minimum pay rate. Company is always free to pay more. I have heard through the grape vine that the company is going to start hammering on these preload soon to get their money's worth and to get the drivers out of the buildings sooner.

Hannah-banana

Our building preload just went to $15 an hour starting wage. They tried the bonus thing for newbs but that did piss off guys hired 3 months earlier that were not getting the 100/week attendance bonus. Amazon is hiring all our preload away with $18/hour and instant bennies. Our contract has always said these wage rates are the minimum pay rate. Company is always free to pay more. I have heard through the grape vine that the company is going to start hammering on these preload soon to get their money's worth and to get the drivers out of the buildings sooner.

Yes, I'm sure they will. This is the corporate dark ages. I'm still grateful for the union and any improvement for workers. The history inspires me. And that sort of resistance is rare now.

Keep pushing, my fellow workers

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Already starting to happen, but there is no way we can budge to work faster anyways so just tune out the supervisors and keep on working...

anyways we could get people out of the building faster if people were paid to understand the route they are loading, the four-didget numbers do not cut it past a certain level of bombed-outiness

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Already starting to happen, but there is no way we can budge to work faster anyways so just tune out the supervisors and keep on working...

anyways we could get people out of the building faster if people were paid to understand the route they are loading, the four-didget numbers do not cut it past a certain level of bombed-outiness
At my building management tells the preloaders to not look at the address label, just look at the PAL sticker. Then they wonder why misloads are rampant. So they spend mega millions for a system to prevent misloads , that isn't 100% foolproof. All in the name of saving money.

Hannah-banana

Indeed

Hannah-banana

Yep, and the supervisors here start at, you guessed it, $15 per hour.

Don't become a sup or you won't be able to join the union or become a driver. Sometimes people are tempted (or desperate) for the quick jump in pay. But the benefits are less good and the drivers make way more eventually..

Totally lame pay difference. Is your local union trying to fix this? Why didn't you get the raise there?

Jabez Makaveli

Don't become a sup or you won't be able to join the union or become a driver. Sometimes people are tempted (or desperate) for the quick jump in pay. But the benefits are less good and the drivers make way more eventually..

Totally lame pay difference. Is your local union trying to fix this? Why didn't you get the raise there?
I sure was thinking about getting promoted to sup. I still haven't taken the test though. I really wanted to move into being a delivery driver, but I'm not old enough yet. You have to be 21 here and I'm just 19, so I gotta wait. I've heard around my hub about negotiating a new contract, but nothing specific. I've been working here since July and only just got a 15 cent raise a week ago.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I sure was thinking about getting promoted to sup. I still haven't taken the test though. I really wanted to move into being a delivery driver, but I'm not old enough yet. You have to be 21 here and I'm just 19, so I gotta wait. I've heard around my hub about negotiating a new contract, but nothing specific. I've been working here since July and only just got a 15 cent raise a week ago.
you get nothing then

We have a supervisor with 3 former years seniority and 5 supervisor. He wants to get out of management and go driver but said changing had cost him years and now regrets the heck out of it. I guess there's red tape and regaining seniority.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When were they supposed to implement this again?
I am asking because last week's paycheck on current wage with taxes and union dues taken out was $199, that's 199 lollypops!