35years

Gravy route
If several buildings around Milwaukee are in the same local (344), will all the part timers be bumped to $15, regardless of the bldg.?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We have 4 local hubs with starting pay being raised to $15 hour (and all part time union members under that amount will be moved up to it) as of the 21st. HR talked us this morning about getting the word out. Yes, our hubs have staffing issues.
They only work like 3.5 hours. And get sent home earlier than that sometimes. It is not a job to be concerned about the hourly wage. The benifits is what keeps most part timers. Focus on that.

PT Car Washer

They only work like 3.5 hours. And get sent home earlier than that sometimes. It is not a job to be concerned about the hourly wage. The benifits is what keeps most part timers. Focus on that.
The benefits, which do not start for a year, do not pay the rent or put gas in the car or buy groceries. Most people work a job for the money now, not what I can make a year from now.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The benefits, which do not start for a year, do not pay the rent or put gas in the car or buy groceries. Most people work a job for the money now, not what I can make a year from now.
My point was to focus on starting the benifits sooner. Even at 17 I knew I needed to work at least two part times
Jobs to afford things. This was the 90’s FYI

PT Car Washer

My point was to focus on starting the benifits sooner.
I agree the benefits are great but when I started at 21 years old I was not too concerned about benefits other then paid vacations and Holiday pay which I earned after 60 or 90 days. If I had to go to the doctor most times I would just pay the $20 visit charge out of pocket. My point is most people work a job because they need money now.

Soccer97

I don't think they are allowed to send anybody home if they have not gotten their 3.5 hrs in. Once ur there and clocked in your guaranteed 3.5 hrs. Idc if it's standn there pickn your nose or sweeping. Unless they ask if you want to go early. That's by choice.

I don't think they are allowed to send anybody home if they have not gotten their 3.5 hrs in. Once ur there and clocked in your guaranteed 3.5 hrs. Idc if it's standn there pickn your nose or sweeping. Unless they ask if you want to go early. That's by choice.

If they ask if you want to leave early.. be careful.. if you say "ok", it can be classified as volunteering and you get your hours worked not your guarantee.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If they ask if you want to leave early.. be careful.. if you say "ok", it can be classified as volunteering and you get your hours worked not your guarantee.
Ever notice that many of the people that leave early or take unpaid days off are the ones who can least afford to?

I'm glad my state has sick pay, which if it's not a company wide thing, it should be.

But yes, sadly I have. There's also the people who get 4h sick pay and are out the second they accumulate that.

Nolimitz

Wait 15 years... Idaho will be part of the Oregon, Washington, and California liberal states of America... Idaho is one of the fastest growing states in the US right now and there are many families moving there which is changing the demographics...the tide is turning
While Idaho is growing rapidly, it continues to be one of the hard core red states and that is not likely to change anytime soon. Been here since 79

Coldworld

60 months and counting
While Idaho is growing rapidly, it continues to be one of the hard core red states and that is not likely to change anytime soon. Been here since 79
I have known a few families who have moved there.. all to boisie so that’s all I have to go on... I have family in the St. Marie’s area and they are farmers.. all didn’t want anything to do with trump.. I guess it’s sort of like in Oregon and Washington.....outside of the main I-5 Corredor, most of the population of the two states are pretty republican... I think Idaho will be going the same way as the rest of the west coast.. but you are right, it won’t happen overnight..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
please do
Come on... you have one of the fastest growing populations per % in the country... it sucks but that’s life... I have thought of buying land in Idaho or Montana for my retirement strike bunker but the wife wants nothing to do with the cold.... and I dont need @Gumby picking fights with the skinheads in Idaho when he comes to visit

Nolimitz

Come on... you have one of the fastest growing populations per % in the country... it sucks but that’s life... I have thought of buying land in Idaho or Montana for my retirement strike bunker but the wife wants nothing to do with the cold.... and I dont need @Gumby picking fights with the skinheads in Idaho when he comes to visit

I'm in Boise but have a 2nd home in central mountains. Believe most of the skin head/neo-nazi's have been driven out towards Mt. from what I have read lately. Northern Id was a haven for years and may sill be in an under ground sort of way??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm in Boise but have a 2nd home in central mountains. Believe most of the skin head/neo-nazi's have been driven out towards Mt. from what I have read lately. Northern Id was a haven for years and may sill be in an under ground sort of way??
Yes... there was a lot of activity around st. Marie’s and Hayden lake for years...not sure how relevant they are now.... how much snow do you guys guy in the boisie area???

Nolimitz

Snow varies. Boise is on the edge of a high desert. This year has been very dry, Last year we got tons and the city has little to no removal equipment. It was a bad year to be driving anything. Summers can be brutally hot as well in the "valley". I grew up just east of Lake Erie and learned to drive during winter conditions

Idaho and AZ or areas with high desert (or some of the "cloud cities" in AZ), have active mushroom species (Panaeolus and Psilocybe). If it bruises blue it's true.. just fyi..

Hannah-banana

Well, I'm a new preloader since October in Phoenix Arizona. And I just got a raise from 11$ per hour to 14$ per hour. And I am super stoked!

I completely understand why the people who didn't get a raise are angry. But 11$ per hour is just inappropriately low for a job in 2018. Especially with the difficulty of the job.

I am at UPS to become a driver and to make a good living in the long run. And I am passionate about being an active union member.

This raise made it a lot more realistic for me to get by while I strive to become a driver and I am grateful.

Hannah-banana

Here in Phoenix, people who work at fast food joints make 13.50 starting. So 11$ per hour was a pretty hard pill to swallow.

I was only accepting it because of my determination to become a driver eventually. But this raise has lifted moral and my fellow workers in the same boat are busting it out harder than ever and with a better attitude now.