401k Teamsters withdrawals

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I work in the Oklahoma City Hub and am in the southern region supplement. Does anyone know about taking money out of a 401k early. I had my truck repossessed this past Friday and was wondering if borrowing from my 401k to get it back was an option. I’m going to call the union hall Tuesday, but was looking for any info in the meantime. Been with UPS for 8 years as part time package handler.

You a driver?

Trailer monkey

Lol not drugs or police issue. Had the truck for almost 5 years, but we just got stretched too thin finically recently. Things are back on track now, I just don’t have the money currently to pay to get it back.
If you have any in the after-tax account, that can be withdrawn

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I work in the Oklahoma City Hub and am in the southern region supplement. Does anyone know about taking money out of a 401k early. I had my truck repossessed this past Friday and was wondering if borrowing from my 401k to get it back was an option. I’m going to call the union hall Tuesday, but was looking for any info in the meantime. Been with UPS for 8 years as part time package handler.
I’m sure Halley Price will loan you some extra cash. He is after all a very nice man.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have to admit, I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the after-tax option. Would like some clarity on this.
I do a traditional and a roth 401k just because taxes will always go up. When I retire I'll have already paid taxes at today's rate on my roth 401k instead of paying the future tax rate which will most certainly be higher.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do a traditional and a roth 401k just because taxes will always go up. When I retire I'll have already paid taxes at today's rate on my roth 401k instead of paying the future tax rate which will most certainly be higher.
The after tax option is different than Roth.

Don't think there's really any reason for me to use it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They always go up yet they went down this year.