$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
22.4 eliminated like they should be or at least paid full scale driver pay for time they are delivering.

If you're worried about what everyone else is gonna think about a strike you've already lost.
You’re a dumb fool. So, we go on strike for creating thousands of new full time jobs? But ok, genius. Let’s see, we go on strike because the company says no, so UPS then locks us out and hires scabs for $30 an hour, as non-union employees with benefits. Then good ol right wing federal government finds a way to fire us, like Reagan did the aircraft workers, in the 80’s. You’re now sitting at home with no friend’n job and your friends wonder why you were so greedy to give away your $41 an hour job.

Kicked Your Dog

I'm not gonna argue with that guy anymore. He clearly doesn't understand what the real concern is. I should throw in one of these for him, though:

View attachment 199660

I never argued for a bigger raise or better benefits, just don't want my labor devalued by paying people less to do my job. How is that so hard to understand?
Wtf? You’re telling me your current job is to do hub work half a day, then deliver 50 stops of left in bldgs and bulk for another 4-5 hours? You devalue your job by risking losing it because of ignorance and going on strike for invalid reasons.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Wtf? You’re telling me your current job is to do hub work half a day, then deliver 50 stops of left in bldgs and bulk for another 4-5 hours? You devalue your job by risking losing it because of ignorance and going on strike for invalid reasons.

I get that you don't want to go on strike. No one does. I'm willing to risk the possibility of it in order to prevent opening pandora's box. You don't see the problem with hybrid drivers, that's fine. I accept that we will not find common ground there. I don't think any less of you for holding the positions you hold. You think those of us who share my views are idiots, well, I'm gonna tell you, I don't think any of us will lose sleep over that. Here's to hoping we do get the best possible deal we can. Have a great weekend.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You’re a dumb fool. So, we go on strike for creating thousands of new full time jobs? But ok, genius. Let’s see, we go on strike because the company says no, so UPS then locks us out and hires scabs for $30 an hour, as non-union employees with benefits. Then good ol right wing federal government finds a way to fire us, like Reagan did the aircraft workers, in the 80’s. You’re now sitting at home with no friend’n job and your friends wonder why you were so greedy to give away your $41 an hour job.
Calling everyone dumb, ignorant, maroon and stupid isn't gonna do much more than make yourself look like a whiny child.

By your logic we should just bend over and take whatever we are offered and be happy.

No one is striking unless we vote no 3 times. You can't possibly believe the company would lock us out lol. They'd have to hire a quarter of a million people to replace us in a labor market that has more job vacancies than people looking for work right now.

Calling everyone dumb, ignorant, maroon and stupid isn't gonna do much more than make yourself look like a whiny child.

By your logic we should just bend over and take whatever we are offered and be happy.

No one is striking unless we vote no 3 times. You can't possibly believe the company would lock us out lol. They'd have to hire a quarter of a million people to replace us in a labor market that has more job vacancies than people looking for work right now.
“this National offer is the richest private sector contract ever negotiated in the history of this country”

Kicked Your Dog

Anyone making less than $30 is looking for work, hypothetically, even if already employed, big thinker. Whining about being called for your short sightedness only points out that you must be a millenial still living on mommas teet.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I wouldn't mind waiting to see what is offered to the USPS by 9/20 before voting on our contract. Also the 3 no votes is the supplements right? Is the NMA also 3 votes?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Seriously, do you really think that UPS would lock us out? What would be the reasoning behind that?

The aircraft controllers were under federal control and not a private corporation with a major collective bargaining Union. What Reagan did was not right considering he was once a president of the actor's union, if Trump would allow a major corporation to lock out any union it will affect any chance for a second term and the upcoming elections. Snowball's chance in Hell.

Are you calling members greedy for wanting the same benefits and retirement possibilities as their management counterparts. Benefits under the UPS Retirement Plan are formulated at 50 percent of their last 5 years salary, the average management that reaches retirement age and service will be getting around 75,000 a year with full medical (no monthly co-pay), including their spouse. I do not know if they get any supplements when they turn 65 under medicare, they tend to keep that information out of the public or a need to know basis. Most management with over 30 years in currently will be very close to being called millionaires with their MIP and stock purchases before they went public, yeah call us greedy for wanting a bigger share of the pie.

Brownslave688

Anyone making less than $30 is looking for work, hypothetically, even if already employed, big thinker. Whining about being called for your short sightedness only points out that you must be a millenial still living on mommas teet.
lol you're the one person I've ever interacted with on here that's a big enough :censored2:bag that I really wish I could meet you in real life. I would put your ass in the dirt before you got halfway thru your first insult.

You're the one with the social skills of a 14 year old living in the basement.

lol you're the one person I've ever interacted with on here that's a big enough :censored2:bag that I really wish I could meet you in real life. I would put your ass in the dirt before you got halfway thru your first insult.

JceRvHjp8CcTe.gif

“Mommas basement”. Is that all you got? He said “mommas teet”

Brownslave688

But the most difficult to one to negotiate.

“not only because of the numerous issues we were tasked to address, but particularly because of outside political influences who have a different agenda.”
Lmao most leverage they've had in decades.

Probably would have been easier to negotiate if they'd listen to membership and scrap 22.4 months ago.

Lmao most leverage they've had in decades.

Probably would have been easier to negotiate if they'd listen to membership and scrap 22.4 months ago.
“Denis navigated the challenges of political bickering and endured constant misrepresentations of the truth and just outright lies of what was the reality of this negotiation. All while the Company sat back and waited for us to self-destruct.”

Brownslave688

“Denis navigated the challenges of political bickering and endured constant misrepresentations of the truth and just outright lies of what was the reality of this negotiation. All while the Company sat back and waited for us to self-destruct.”
Hoffa created this mess by forcing the last contract on people.

The union is politics. Always will be.