The Driver

I drive.
I love thinking about the thought process for this post.

Oh I know I'll tell them I drove a truck for 16 hours a day. Nah that's not enough 16 hours a day every day for months on end.

Oh and we had to take uppers to stay awake. Yeah that's good. I can do better though. Then at the end we were in the trucks 24 hours a day. That'll make them think it was real hard.

Ok but I need something to really grab them. Oh yeah ok have a guy pull a gun on the boss. Oh I'll add that he killed people with his truck too. Make it real scary.

Oh man this is great. These guys are gonna think I'm so tough.

Oh yes I'll blow the cover off the whole thing having a truck run into the office!!!

Reminds me of my helper today. Claimed to be a former "loader". He didn't know how to load the PC when we went to take stops off a seasonal. LIARRRRRRR

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here's a question that came to mind today. Everyday, drivers basically preload for a good 45 minutes on average in my center. Start time 9, we load while waiting for airs to process. Why do these hours count as driving hours when after we reach 60 hours, we can do "other work"?

The clock starts at your start time-----any work performed before start time is on your dime, not theirs.

Johney

when i hauled tomatoes in the summer we worked 16 hours a day 7 days a week for several months. this was back in the early 80's . not sure if that is still legal but we were able to do it because each run was less than 100 miles each way.

most drivers ate beans, ie whites, cross tops, aka as speed . you could make enough money in 3-4 months to last you for the whole year.

the last year I did it they put 2 drivers to a truck. 12 hours on 12 hours off. too many accidents and drivers flipping out.

one driver didn't get his paycheck one time because they misplaced it so he went home and got his shotgun and pointed it at the boss. a couple years later he was in a head-on and killed 3 people. he bragged about that for years.

another driver flipped out for some reason and drove his track right into the office.

never a dull moment.
Is there anything you haven't done? SMH

542thruNthru

Got this friend my Steward
Screenshot_20171206-143625.png