705 Results

BrownShark

Banned
Satellite,

its funny how you company hacks operate!

First, you and the :censored2: community applauded the passing of the National Master agreement, where less than 1.5 % of each local voted.

You and others stated then, that if the majority wanted something different, then they should have voted, but yet, on this issue, you now want to see the other 75% of members voting opinion?

You, DeNIEGUY and your accompli' were very vocal about accepting the outcome of the National Master Voting despite the poor turnout, and Now in the case of 705, you dont feel the minority speaks for the majority.

Which is it?

Should the company accept the minority opinion as a whole, or should they try and do everything possible to get the majority opinion?

You cant have it bothways.

If the minority was good enough to accept a National Contract, then a minority is good enough to set a strike in action.

Thats called consistency. You and the reacharound gang should learn to grasp that concept.

Peace:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
You, DeNIEGUY and your accompli' were very vocal about accepting the outcome of the National Master Voting despite the poor turnout, and Now in the case of 705, you dont feel the minority speaks for the majority.

BS the problem is you don't read what I say; you read what you think I said.

I did not come on here and tell people they needed to vote for the contract.

I argued about everything else under the labor sun but left that up to the voting members.

When it comes to acceptance of the national I agree the percent voting for it is to low but I also conceed the union did everything reasonably possible to get them to vote. They had a month and they had the ballots mailed to their houses.

You at the same time kept bringing up the attendance issue if the vote was positive but had no problem with the vote if the local voted against the contract.

Giving the members a sunday during peak vacation time is not doing everything reasonable to get the vote out.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I hope you didn't pay reds nephew more then a couple of bucks for that crap. :happy-very:

Why did we get so many top of the head shots? We're the boys all on their knees praying?
It was a fellow drivers son whos a freshman in hs that edited that for me. It was my camera which is 8mm and i had a friend tape it as i was signing in people and running shuttles to the train station for most of the day. Next time i was going to use speilberg but at 15cents an hour in raises i will have to draw you pictures.

satellitedriver

Satellite,

its funny how you company hacks operate!

First, you and the :censored2: community applauded the passing of the National Master agreement, where less than 1.5 % of each local voted.

You and others stated then, that if the majority wanted something different, then they should have voted, but yet, on this issue, you now want to see the other 75% of members voting opinion?

Which is it?

Should the company accept the minority opinion as a whole, or should they try and do everything possible to get the majority opinion?

You cant have it bothways.

If the minority was good enough to accept a National Contract, then a minority is good enough to set a strike in action.

Thats called consistency. You and the reacharound gang should learn to grasp that concept.

Peace:peaceful:
My best defense is letting everyone read your post.
A 2 to 1 majority passed the NMA.
A 27% of 705 is giving the right to call strike to about 12 people( I do not know the exact number) on the negotiating committee.
So, I ask you the same question.
Should a minority give the power to strike to an even smaller minority for the sake of the whole?
That ain't both ways, that is the wrong way. IMHO
Company hack? That attempt at insult only gets you 1 point on the Darwin Scale.

tieguy

Banned
It was a fellow drivers son whos a freshman in hs that edited that for me. It was my camera which is 8mm and i had a friend tape it as i was signing in people and running shuttles to the train station for most of the day. Next time i was going to use speilberg but at 15cents an hour in raises i will have to draw you pictures.

I'm not sure why you guys keep using scorsee and spielburg for counter references. You could have had a half wit doing crayon drawings and done much better then what you demonstrated with this tape.

comon red take the us versus them out of this issue your tape just plain sucked.

New Englander

My management team had absolutely no idea what was going on in 710/705.

Take it as what that is worth but it doesn't seem UPS is too worried.

W

Westmont Worker

OK, I wasn't with UPS in 1997 and never experienced a strike, so I have a few questions if they do go on strike.

1. How much does the union pay per week in the event of a strike?

2. Are the checks handed out at the UPS site I work at, mailed out or what?

3. I am also on vacation during August, so would I get my full vacation check as usual?

4. Where/How would I pick up my last regular UPS payroll check?

ups79

OK, I wasn't with UPS in 1997 and never experienced a strike, so I have a few questions if they do go on strike.

3. I am also on vacation during August, so would I get my full vacation check as usual?

Number 4 would be more of a concern for me if I were you. "Where/How would I pick up my LAST(in capitals letters) regular UPS payroll check?

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
WOW your on vacation during the month of august? Thats almost 5 weeks vacation, that would mean you would have started n 1993.
:surprised:

705red

Browncafe Steward
My management team had absolutely no idea what was going on in 710/705.

Take it as what that is worth but it doesn't seem UPS is too worried.
Does your management team have any idea whats going on in their operation?

Actually i was just talking to a guy that is out of bedford park, he said that the drivers that delivers to cach has been delivering alot of uniforms this last week. Now ordering the uniforms does not surprise me, what does is that those uniforms go through cach. They get loaded by a loader at cach then driven by a driver then unloaded by an unloader at bedford, than loaded into a package car were a package driver than drives them back to cach.

Wouldnt it make sense just to leave them at cach the first time?

Actually i was just talking to a guy that is out of bedford park, he said that the drivers that delivers to cach has been delivering alot of uniforms this last week. Now ordering the uniforms does not surprise me, what does is that those uniforms go through cach. They get loaded by a loader at cach then driven by a driver then unloaded by an unloader at bedford, than loaded into a package car were a package driver than drives them back to cach.

Hopefully he stuck to PAS or EDD or what ever you package car guys call that nightmare.

I'm in the 705 and I didn't vote last sunday. I would have voted yes to approve a strike but didn't go because it's too much time, money, I'm lazy, whatever you want to think. Most guys I talked to in my building felt the same way. They would have voted yes, but only the die hard union guys went and voted because we all knew it would pass anyway.

I'm in the 705 and I didn't vote last sunday. I would have voted yes to approve a strike but didn't go because it's too much time, money, I'm lazy, whatever you want to think. Most guys I talked to in my building felt the same way. They would have voted yes, but only the die hard union guys went and voted because we all knew it would pass anyway.

Like 705red said "two hours for five years".

What center are you out of? I was out of the Elgin.

tieguy

Banned

Someones being paid to watch uniform orders flow from cach to beford park to cach? and he was nice enough to give you a strategic report from the battlefield?

tieguy

Banned
I'm in the 705 and I didn't vote last sunday. I would have voted yes to approve a strike but didn't go because it's too much time, money, I'm lazy, whatever you want to think. Most guys I talked to in my building felt the same way. They would have voted yes, .

Yep and those same guys told management that they would have voted against the strike but had prior committments. thats why you guys have votes to see what everyone really would have voted for. You guys failed the process. You'll be the guys crying if their is a strike saying you didn't want the strike in the first place. I may be a company man who is against 705 strike vote but once the dang thing is held I get disgusted with people like you that are too lazy to participate in casting your vote even though I think it will still be in overwhelming support of the union.

This about more then a yes or no vote . Its about unity. 20 percent should never be allowe to dictate the fate of 100 percent.

Now in fairness to the issue if the union held a strike vote and sent the votes home there would be a lot of wives making sure the husbands voted against a strike. Thats why you guy hold the vote in the hall to make sure its a lopsided victory for the union nazi's.