705 Results

U(s)PS Guy

WOW your on vacation during the month of august? Thats almost 5 weeks vacation, that would mean you would have started n 1993.
:surprised:

I'm sorry...did I miss something where brown drivers have to take their vacation on a set date? I just assumed people could request their vacations for whenever time was available.

New Englander

Does your management team have any idea whats going on in their operation?

Actually i was just talking to a guy that is out of bedford park, he said that the drivers that delivers to cach has been delivering alot of uniforms this last week. Now ordering the uniforms does not surprise me, what does is that those uniforms go through cach. They get loaded by a loader at cach then driven by a driver then unloaded by an unloader at bedford, than loaded into a package car were a package driver than drives them back to cach.

Wouldnt it make sense just to leave them at cach the first time?

I'm pretty sure Red. Obviously the company has not made any attempt at keeping operations aware of what is going on away from your area.

Take it for what it's worth. I would take it as they are not all that worried about you guys.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nobody where I work at, including management, has heard of what is going on in Chicago. And my Division runs out of my Hub. The first reaction if brought up in conversation is "Why are they not in the NMA?", and "What makes them so special?". Friday will be another workday around here.

O

oldupsman

Same thing in Metro Philly Scratch. I'm retired a year now but I still get together once a week for breakfast with drivers I worked with in my old center. And the center is in a major east coast hub. I know more about this whole thing than they do. And they could care less. Anybody who thinks there is going to be some nationwide job action is just dreaming.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm sorry...did I miss something where brown drivers have to take their vacation on a set date? I just assumed people could request their vacations for whenever time was available.
The previous poster had sad he hasnt been around long, but he has all of august off. In order to be of for those 5 weeks and get summer vacation he would have to have 15 years of service to get 5 weeks.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Someones being paid to watch uniform orders flow from cach to beford park to cach? and he was nice enough to give you a strategic report from the battlefield?
Tie im looking at the cost involved, gas from cach to bedford and then again back to cach. The cost in having it loaded and unloaded over and over. Its going to cach just sort it to a certain bay in the building and then have it scanned in the building. I wonder how many package drivers have been held to wait for a trailer to get unloaded because of a late load from cach and alot of it is just going back to cach.

I know im a union guy and want the jobs, but sounds like a lot of wasted money to me, IMO.

Yep and those same guys told management that they would have voted against the strike but had prior committments. thats why you guys have votes to see what everyone really would have voted for. You guys failed the process. You'll be the guys crying if their is a strike saying you didn't want the strike in the first place. I may be a company man who is against 705 strike vote but once the dang thing is held I get disgusted with people like you that are too lazy to participate in casting your vote even though I think it will still be in overwhelming support of the union.
No, we're not management weenies that suck up to the bosses. We tell them exactly how we feel and they can't do anything about it. Everybody that wanted to vote did. Myself and others didn't feel strongly enough to go vote. None of us want to strike, everyone wants to keep working. The problem is we aren't going to keep working without a contract.
This about more then a yes or no vote . Its about unity. 20 percent should never be allowe to dictate the fate of 100 percent.
Well I don't think any election in history has had 100% turnout. You know that in the last presidential election about 20% of the people in this country elected GWB.
Now in fairness to the issue if the union held a strike vote and sent the votes home there would be a lot of wives making sure the husbands voted against a strike. Thats why you guy hold the vote in the hall to make sure its a lopsided victory for the union nazi's.
I don't know what you're talking about here. The single, divorced, or female ups teamsters don't have wives telling them what to do.

tieguy

Banned
Tie im looking at the cost involved, gas from cach to bedford and then again back to cach. The cost in having it loaded and unloaded over and over. Its going to cach just sort it to a certain bay in the building and then have it scanned in the building. I wonder how many package drivers have been held to wait for a trailer to get unloaded because of a late load from cach and alot of it is just going back to cach.

I know im a union guy and want the jobs, but sounds like a lot of wasted money to me, IMO.

Red I think you missed my question. Who is the inspector closeau who is following these uniforms around and providing you with this valuable battlefield intelligence. What makes you think its being shipped like that and not being missorted. How do you know its not uniforms going out and old uniform returns being shipped back? I think its fascinating that a union who has the whole country by the gonads is actually investing their intelligence resources following some uniform orders around.

tieguy

Banned
Well I don't think any election in history has had 100% turnout. You know that in the last presidential election about 20% of the people in this country elected GWB.

Pay attention . We already had this argument and you already lost this point.

I don't know what you're talking about here. The single, divorced, or female ups teamsters don't have wives telling them what to do.

I'm sorry I didn't see any females in either video. What I saw was a bunch of males voting in an open forum where they were encouraged to place a vote for the strike. If they had been at home and the wife had been looking over their shoulder that result would have been different.

More members would have voted and more no votes would have been cast.

I'm sorry I didn't see any females in either video. What I saw was a bunch of males voting in an open forum where they were encouraged to place a vote for the strike. If they had been at home and the wife had been looking over their shoulder that result would have been different.

More members would have voted and more no votes would have been cast.

Some people have wifes that focus on more than the paycheck. They actually pay attention when their husband comes in like a beaten dog after a 16 hour workday (13 paid,1 lunch,2 travel, to keep me from having to post math facts later). They see the empty seat at the ballgame or on a holiday because his late start time carries him in to the next day. Some see their husband not taking fmla and not being there for her when shes pregnant or if their child has a disability because he can`t lose seniority at work. Some see him working a b.s. ,spin the wheel of workdays,any 5 in 7 day workweek and see how that would affect there lifes even further. Then they TELL there husband to get down to the hall and vote yes to prevent the above from happening.

And in the interest of equality for our female drivers please insert husband instead of wife in the above statement.

tieguy

Banned
Some people have wifes that focus on more than the paycheck. They actually pay attention when their husband comes in like a beaten dog after a 16 hour workday (13 paid,1 lunch,2 travel, to keep me from having to post math facts later). They see the empty seat at the ballgame or on a holiday because his late start time carries him in to the next day. Some see their husband not taking fmla and not being there for her when shes pregnant or if their child has a disability because he can`t lose seniority at work. Some see him working a b.s. ,spin the wheel of workdays,any 5 in 7 day workweek and see how that would affect there lifes even further. Then they TELL there husband to get down to the hall and vote yes to prevent the above from happening.

And in the interest of equality for our female drivers please insert husband instead of wife in the above statement.

Oh Cach two snaps up on the beautifull line of BS propaganda. Your discourse does digress.

tieguy

Banned
Ah,once again with the finger snapping. I actually catching on to your clothing fetish. Don`t worry Tie. I support your life choice.

When a chicogoan is getting his but kicked on debate the conversation always turns personal.

Unfortunately the rest of the country is being asked to support your life choices when they should be thinking about what to do on their vacations.

news break - it appears the painters at 710 were using a primer. they are now switching to a latex flat white. Now back to your favorite soap opera at 705.

When a chicogoan is getting his but kicked on debate the conversation always turns personal.

Unfortunately the rest of the country is being asked to support your life choices when they should be thinking about what to do on their vacations.

news break - it appears the painters at 710 were using a primer. they are now switching to a latex flat white. Now back to your favorite soap opera at 705.

That was a butt kicking? Thanks for pointing it out,I wish they all were that bad.

Mike Hawk

Tieguy would promote non Teamsters influencing the outcome of the vote to further his(management) cause, but then he calls Teamsters voting without the influence lopsided, LOL.

Your feeder department must be in Florida, will your next post demand a recount?

tieguy

Banned
Red I think you missed my question. Who is the inspector closeau who is following these uniforms around and providing you with this valuable battlefield intelligence. What makes you think its being shipped like that and not being missorted. How do you know its not uniforms going out and old uniform returns being shipped back? I think its fascinating that a union who has the whole country by the gonads is actually investing their intelligence resources following some uniform orders around.

Red I think you missed this question. How or why would you be utilizing your resources to track uniform shipments?

and how do you know the movement back to cach is not returns of old uniforms?

This is a fascinating little sidebar to the utterly bizarre events here.

drewed

Shankman
I'm in the 705 and I didn't vote last sunday. I would have voted yes to approve a strike but didn't go because it's too much time, money, I'm lazy, whatever you want to think. Most guys I talked to in my building felt the same way. They would have voted yes, but only the die hard union guys went and voted because we all knew it would pass anyway.

That kind of logic gets crooks and idiots elected...it could have bit you in the ass

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red I think you missed this question. How or why would you be utilizing your resources to track uniform shipments?

and how do you know the movement back to cach is not returns of old uniforms?

This is a fascinating little sidebar to the utterly bizarre events here.
I was talking with a steward out of bedford and he had said that the driver delivering to cach was delivering alot of uniforms. These were deliveries that were addressed to cach obviously.

I asked him were most of his inbounds came from and he said cach. Just put two and two together if its going to cach then why load it onto a semi drive it to bedford pay someone to unload it and then pay someone to load it again and then pay someone plus gas to drive it back to cach to deliver it and then have someone receive the delivery later when it could have been kept in the building the whole time. Just seems like piss poor planning to me, but your in management and this kind of stuff obviously makes sense to you.

Its the same thing if i would send a nda to my mom 25 miles away from me into chicago. It has to go to louisvile first and then come back to chicago. But god help the baseline route is off by 9 stops today so in order to save money we will bust the other 140 deliveries and 25 pickups and split it between 4 drivers.

What makes more sense?

tieguy

Banned
I was talking with a steward out of bedford and he had said that the driver delivering to cach was delivering alot of uniforms. These were deliveries that were addressed to cach obviously.

I asked him were most of his inbounds came from and he said cach. Just put two and two together if its going to cach then why load it onto a semi drive it to bedford pay someone to unload it and then pay someone to load it again and then pay someone plus gas to drive it back to cach to deliver it and then have someone receive the delivery later when it could have been kept in the building the whole time. Just seems like piss poor planning to me, but your in management and this kind of stuff obviously makes sense to you.

Its the same thing if i would send a nda to my mom 25 miles away from me into chicago. It has to go to louisvile first and then come back to chicago. But god help the baseline route is off by 9 stops today so in order to save money we will bust the other 140 deliveries and 25 pickups and split it between 4 drivers.

What makes more sense?

Thats what I don't understand our uniforms come to us as regular packages mixed in with regular packages.

Bloodybrown

What makes more sense?
Technology should be used to fix the uniform issue. The fact is there are no package drivers at CACH and the automation sorts by zip code thus all the uniforms are sorted to BEDIL. This is an easy fix, one of the I.E. guys at CACH should take care of it.

NDA from the Chicagoland area to Chicago should not be going to Louky. They should be retained by design. The ground network is used to move NDA throughout the country. If your package went to Louky before being delivered to your Mom in Chicago, it went there in error.