9.5 during vacation week

542thruNthru

What a surprise. I think you would file if the center manager farted during the PCM.

Actually I'm not a die hard contract enforcer but I will inform people of their rights and let them decide what to do.

I only file when it is hurting another member or violating my 9.5/8hr rights.

I actually get along with my center manager mostly because he knows where I stand on things and knows I'm not just out to get him.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am in Central. The BA told me that there is no protection or language guaranteeing a person working their vacation anything (other than working an option week.) For quite a few years, I was the most senior cut driver. I chose routes based on where I wanted to eat lunch and whose farms I wanted to look at. 1 week, I got a message saying that a route that I had chosen the day before was not available because the driver was working his vacation. I called the BA and 2 hours later, I got a message that I would be working my chosen route.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I am in Central. The BA told me that there is no protection or language guaranteeing a person working their vacation anything (other than working an option week.) For quite a few years, I was the most senior cut driver. I chose routes based on where I wanted to eat lunch and whose farms I wanted to look at. 1 week, I got a message saying that a route that I had chosen the day before was not available because the driver was working his vacation. I called the BA and 2 hours later, I got a message that I would be working my chosen route.
The biggest excuse some switch the vacation, :poop: don't put other in trouble, pleased.

Tallman84

If you can’t cover your bills why are you on the 9.5 list?
:censored2: happens. You don't expect it to happen. I can't predict the future. It's not like this is a recurring thing but it doesn't hurt to know what my options are. At least that's what I thought until I asked this question. Didn't realize it would have so much negativity attached to it.

:censored2: happens. You don't expect it to happen. I can't predict the future. It's not like this is a recurring thing but it doesn't hurt to know what my options are. At least that's what I thought until I asked this question. Didn't realize it would have so much negativity attached to it.
You got a lot of really good honest answers here. Probably a lot more real answers and many other threads get.

Tallman84

Side note. When I was a brand new driver and got my first week of vacation I was so excited just to have a week off didn't matter when. What I wasn't told was that scheduled vacations were by the week ending and got my weeks mixed up. So I ended up coming in on my vacation and working and no one said anything to me or questioned why i was there. The next week i thought i was on vacation i stayed home and my boss called and asked where i was. I said i was on vacation. He said no that was last week and got written up for a no call no show. Back then no union representative introduced themselves to me. I had no information on how things operated. I learned through trial and error. I'm still learning as I go 13 years later.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do a little research on the history of the labor movement in this country and you will see just how important just having the option of taking vacation from work really is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Side note. When I was a brand new driver and got my first week of vacation I was so excited just to have a week off didn't matter when. What I wasn't told was that scheduled vacations were by the week ending and got my weeks mixed up. So I ended up coming in on my vacation and working and no one said anything to me or questioned why i was there. The next week i thought i was on vacation i stayed home and my boss called and asked where i was. I said i was on vacation. He said no that was last week and got written up for a no call no show. Back then no union representative introduced themselves to me. I had no information on how things operated. I learned through trial and error. I'm still learning as I go 13 years later.

No one ever asked you why you were working while on vacation?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
because of you a runner and you screwed the plan and between the sup friend and the manager the play the good and bad cop.