9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

Over70irregs

I agree completely. We also need the same rules for 8 hour requests that some have. No 2 hour penalty. You come in at 8 hours done or not
What you have just said is vitally important. It’s obvious to me we demand our personal time back. We pay good money monthly and I need to see more ROI (return on investment).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not a 9-5 job.
Never has been but that doesn't mean guys can't demand a better life/work balance.

Hell guys used to have golf memberships because there was often time for a round after work.

No this is a typical day. Had to wake my daughter up before I left to drop her off at the babysitter. So I saw her for maybe 10 minutes when she was totally out of it. Now if I have a really good day I might get to see her for an hour before She goes to bed. More than likely though she'll be in bed when I get home.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I'm new and have a question about the 9.5.

If your center asks you to come in early to help preload, and you come in at 8am (for instance), does 9.5 start from there OR does it start from 9am OR does it start from when you hit the road?

Also, are cover drivers allowed to be on the list?

I'm also assuming that this doesn't cover your break, so if you work 9.5 (without taking a break), are they going to take it out of the 9.5 (giving you 8.5) then complaining you only worked 8.5...?
They are not allowed to take out your break if you don't take it. Was a lawsuit in California about this like 10 years ago

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Given up? Your first 2 years of bonuses. Remember, they take from you and give to us. Like Robin Hood.
I want to know why he thinks this “enhancement “ needs a giveback... let alone a major giveback??? I don’t see anything major in this language.... nothing..

Gimme Danger

Spoke with a member of the negotiating committee. So far (he says) it looks like no give backs by the union. But UPS could spring something out of left field and abandon all the previous proposed agreements at any time, if they don't get their way.

If the company backs out of the tentative agreements, then it would be bad faith bargaining, and illegal under the NLRA.

Gimme Danger

More like it never should of been added.

The 4 year language was added last contract. Before everyone was covered. No questions asked.

The 4 year language was added after the 2008 contract was ratified, mid-contract. We never really had the every driver eligible for 9.5 language that we ratified in 2008.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I want to know why he thinks this “enhancement “ needs a giveback... let alone a major giveback??? I don’t see anything major in this language.... nothing..
He’s just made because years ago a manager made way more than the drivers. Now, we make more than supervisors and the same as managers. Plus I can wear whatever I want. Hoodies, 5 o’clock shadow, tats, black socks. @Dragon is jelly yo!