9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

not joe

I'm new and have a question about the 9.5.

If your center asks you to come in early to help preload, and you come in at 8am (for instance), does 9.5 start from there OR does it start from 9am OR does it start from when you hit the road?

Also, are cover drivers allowed to be on the list?

I'm also assuming that this doesn't cover your break, so if you work 9.5 (without taking a break), are they going to take it out of the 9.5 (giving you 8.5) then complaining you only worked 8.5...?

Coming in early is considered extra work. You shouldn’t be coming in early unless you are on the extra work list. I would say your 9.5 starts at your normal start time.

As far as I know cover drivers are not in the list. There may be circumstances that I am not aware of.

You are correct in assuming it doesn’t cover your meal period. However, your 15 minute breaks are compensated time so they are included. My center starts at 9 am. 9.5 starts at 1900. That’s 9.5 hours and a 30 minute meal period. You should never skip any personal time. Always take your breaks. When you skip breaks you are giving the company 2.5 hours every week.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Each area is different. We in the Central can bring them back in in 8 hours because of a panel decision based (I believe) on the language not requiring drivers to be sent back out after completing 8 hours of work. Bug correct me if I am wrong. You might strive for that language in your supplement.

But in the Central we also don't get many of the perks others get...Two weeks less paid days off, no paid sick days, no rule of 85, can be forced to work holidays, 6th punch etc. etc.

Grass is always greener.
You get no paid sick days.... that’s bs....

F

Frankie's Friend

Coming in early is considered extra work. You shouldn’t be coming in early unless you are on the extra work list. I would say your 9.5 starts at your normal start time.

As far as I know cover drivers are not in the list. There may be circumstances that I am not aware of.

You are correct in assuming it doesn’t cover your meal period. However, your 15 minute breaks are compensated time so they are included. My center starts at 9 am. 9.5 starts at 1900. That’s 9.5 hours and a 30 minute meal period. You should never skip any personal time. Always take your breaks. When you skip breaks you are giving the company 2.5 hours every week.
Disagree.
If they bring you into work early the time counts toward the (ov) 9.5 hours total.
If you signed the extra work sheet and are brought in it may be a stumbling block but since it may lead to an "improperly staffed" issue the pendulum may swing in your favor.

35years

Gravy route
He says they were ok with exchanging sick days with optional days or vacation.
I did not say that.
We get 6 weeks max regular vacation.
Then we get 1 option week vacation.
And 2 single option days.
These are scheduled way in advance.
No paid sick days.
For a total of 7 weeks and 2 days.

I know other supplements get over 9 weeks paid time off when you count paid sick days.

I am not OK with the disparity.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I did not say that.
We get 6 weeks max regular vacation.
Then we get 1 option week vacation.
And 2 single option days.
These are scheduled way in advance.
No paid sick days.
For a total of 7 weeks and 2 days.

I know other supplements get over 9 weeks paid time off when you count paid sick days.

I am not OK with the disparity.
6 weeks vacation at 25 years in, 1 optional week, 4 optional days, 8 paid holidays, and 6 sick days a year :biggrin: