9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

F

Frankie's Friend

Bid not bidded. Does your spell check not work?

I was quoting griffin. That’s why it was in quotations.
Not so fast boys....
20180331_112147.jpg

This just in from @Major English .

Here Art 3 gives our cover drivers seniority to bid plus its our building practice.
I think everyone is covered under #1.
“Cover a route for a full week”

Nowhere does it say the same route. And is a full week defined anywhere? Is It defined as ONLY M-friend or T-S?

F

Frankie's Friend

Nowhere does it say the same route. And is a full week defined anywhere? Is It defined as ONLY M-friend or T-S?
20180331_113849.jpg

Interesting.
The company allows our less than 4 yr seniority drivers to adhere to (1) and (2).

We dont do Tue-Sat yet.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!

This is why im here! Every under 4 believes they cant be on 9.5 in my center and I was always so furious about it because I knew that wasnt right. Our chief steward even thinks that. A new day of reckoning coming Monday and about 10 unassigned drivers will be in awe when this new hire is on the 9.5

This is why im here! Every under 4 believes they cant be on 9.5 in my center and I was always so furious about it because I knew that wasnt right. Our chief steward even thinks that. A new day of reckoning coming Monday and about 10 unassigned drivers will be in awe when this new hire is on the 9.5
@Sickofit is right, it is 1 and 2. Or 3.

a911scanner

3.5 yrs. FT driver, 9.5 list since January. Best 3 months of my driving career.

Flow chart is simple...

1)Cover a route for 1 week (bid a vacation coverage if possible)
2) Sign 9.5 list the following Monday.
3) Repeat in 5 months

F

Frankie's Friend

It's technically a JAC contract interpretation, going all the way back to the

early 80's. There is one caveat, that states the driver can't give less than a

"normal days performance".... meaning.... you can't go out and lay down then

bring it back at your leisure. Also, it would be wise (if you can't finish in 8) to

contact the company and give them an ample opportunity to cover the work.

-Bug-

Attachments

• 20180331_211326.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 144
  • 20180331_211344.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 215
F

Frankie's Friend

Just taking notes and screenshots. The communication on this thread is a real world example of this forum at it’s intended finest. Good job people.
The info i posted was Central Region decisions given to me by a friend. Everyone working under a CBA should know their rights and/or have the opportunity to access the info upon demand.

35years

Gravy route
Just taking notes and screenshots. The communication on this thread is a real world example of this forum at it’s intended finest. Good job people.
Decades of frustration, being kept in the dark about actual decisions. I know the locals and BAs were mostly just covering their behinds. Even when winning at panel, the BAs would just tell you over the phone.

Here we have decisions in black and white. Not just a comment here or there. I know some confusion can come from members seeing decisions that don't apply to their region, but all information carries that caveat.

Count my vote for more transparency.

F

Frankie's Friend

And after posting this info for the last 12 years on BrownCafe....

All the "doubting Thomas" members can see, Bug wasn't trying to BS you. ;)

-Bug-
I doubt if anyone truly doubts your info.
Some may be upset with your loyalty to the powers that be but no one can doubt your sincerity in supporting members.