9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

35years

Gravy route
I agree completely. We also need the same rules for 8 hour requests that some have. No 2 hour penalty. You come in at 8 hours done or not
Each area is different. We in the Central can bring them back in in 8 hours because of a panel decision based (I believe) on the language not requiring drivers to be sent back out after completing 8 hours of work. Bug correct me if I am wrong. You might strive for that language in your supplement.

But in the Central we also don't get many of the perks others get...Two weeks less paid days off, no paid sick days, no rule of 85, can be forced to work holidays, 6th punch etc. etc.

Grass is always greener.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Each area is different. We in the Central can bring them back in in 8 hours because of a panel decision based (I believe) on the language not requiring drivers to be sent back out after completing 8 hours of work. Bug correct me if I am wrong. You might strive for that language in your supplement.

But in the Central we also don't get many of the perks others get...Two weeks less paid days off, no paid sick days, no rule of 85, can be forced to work holidays, 6th punch etc. etc.

Grass is always greener.

Larson ruling, look it up! This driver was termed for bringing back stops on an 8, to get to his kid's program. Fired and went through the process. Ultimate end all was a driver could bring back stops in order to only work 8 hours. Larson was fired and had to go through the entire process but was awarded back pay and job reinstated.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
More like it never should of been added.

The 4 year language was added last contract. Before everyone was covered. No questions asked.

Ive been told this by many people who i trust but from the Contract I just dont see it?
You have to be on a bid route....
Bidded vacation route....
Over 4 years...
The violations must occur 3 times....
On the same route....
Etc.. etc.. Can you outline the contractual qualifications of a 9.5 violation?

As a driver still in progression the current 9.5 system seems useless for me.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
More like it never should of been added.

The 4 year language was added last contract. Before everyone was covered. No questions asked.

This was this week all on the same route and no my break/lunch is not part of it.

Note... Monday was scheduled off "dentist" and Tuesday i had an hour or so of on road break down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180331-014905.png
    Screenshot_20180331-014905.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 226
F

Frankie's Friend

Grass is always greener.
The 2 paid option days were negotiated in lieu of sick days.
The 8 hr bring back option was a JAC decision.
Id rather bring them back vs getting paid for being violated.
The issue is to be off the clock in 8 hrs...it is not about being paid for being denied your request by being over dispatched.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Each area is different. We in the Central can bring them back in in 8 hours because of a panel decision based (I believe) on the language not requiring drivers to be sent back out after completing 8 hours of work. Bug correct me if I am wrong.

It's technically a JAC contract interpretation, going all the way back to the

early 80's. There is one caveat, that states the driver can't give less than a

"normal days performance".... meaning.... you can't go out and lay down then

bring it back at your leisure. Also, it would be wise (if you can't finish in 8) to

contact the company and give them an ample opportunity to cover the work.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

It's technically a JAC contract interpretation, going all the way back to the

early 80's. There is one caveat, that states the driver can't give less than a

"normal days performance".... meaning.... you can't go out and lay down then

bring it back at your leisure. Also, it would be wise (if you can't finish in 8) to

contact the company and give them an ample opportunity to cover the work.

-Bug-
Post a pic. Got the sheets?

Im under 4 years
The route I covered was not bidded just assigned
I wasnt on the same route for a whole week.
The language you posted said nothing about a “bidded” route.

Here, cover drivers are assigned to work all week. Are usually moved around by mgmt. so are always covered under #2.

F

Frankie's Friend

Need a flow chart to address the 9.5 issues for those with less than 4 years seniority
Just need the member to document that the company moved them off the route...not to mention the fact that a large % of the lower seniority drvrs run like raped apes of course. Some get it figured out when they:
A. Hit something.
B. Get hit themselves.
C. Get injured
D. All of the above simultaneously.

F

Frankie's Friend

The language you posted said nothing about a “bidded” route.

Here, cover drivers are assigned to work all week. Are usually moved around by mgmt. so are always covered under #2.
Here Art 3 gives our cover drivers seniority to bid plus its our building practice.