Amazon in Negotiations?

It will be fine

Amazon is putting up more fulfillment centers in my state... I may jump ship if I get a pay increase

Their uniforms is still a standard safety vest like this: View attachment 132384

We're finally switching to isp in the next month, so they better factor in a better wage and vehicle (maybe that's why I'm in a Ford transit van for some time after peak)

Until then, I'll be rocking my purple HD shirts with the dog logo!
Lol. Pay increase at Amazon. Better wage and vehicle in ISP model. Keep drinking.

bacha29

Lol. Pay increase at Amazon. Better wage and vehicle in ISP model. Keep drinking.
Spot on. Bezos will never set any performance records when it comes to pay and benefits. Then again he'll try to do the same thing Dan Sullivan did . Proclaim his work force to be independent contractors while bossing them around like employees. Bezos on the other hand may have the good fortune of being able reap the benefits of H.B. 985 which has already passed the House and is now awaiting Senate approval.

Oldfart

Spot on. Bezos will never set any performance records when it comes to pay and benefits. Then again he'll try to do the same thing Dan Sullivan did . Proclaim his work force to be independent contractors while bossing them around like employees. Bezos on the other hand may have the good fortune of being able reap the benefits of H.B. 985 which has already passed the House and is now awaiting Senate approval.
Did Bezon discuss his business philosophy with you when you last met with him? I am sure he doesn't make a move without consulting you first.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Eh, I dunno... I'm just "getting the big picture" since there is a growing fleet of transits and promasters running about in my suburban neighborhood. And a Lasership van or 3 as well.

Gotta "leave myself and out" if my current contractor keeps taking me for granted. I know he'll be putting up a revolving door once I leave my route. No one wanted to cover it when I asked for a day off.

As of now, I'm content on donning my fake FedEx uniform and driving my rental

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Eh, I dunno... I'm just "getting the big picture" since there is a growing fleet of transits and promasters running about in my suburban neighborhood. And a Lasership van or 3 as well.

Gotta "leave myself and out" if my current contractor keeps taking me for granted. I know he'll be putting up a revolving door once I leave my route. No one wanted to cover it when I asked for a day off.

Suppose you get a competing offer which is better than your current arrangement and you ask your boss to match it. Do you think he would?

bacha29

Did Bezon discuss his business philosophy with you when you last met with him? I am sure he doesn't make a move without consulting you first.
No. You see every once in a while I try to take the time to read what bills are coming up for a vote in Congress. I try not to be as ignorant and uninformed as you are nor do I take everything a wealthy businessman has to say as fact or just assume that what he wants to do to be in the best overall interest of the American people.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. You see every once in a while I try to take the time to read what bills are coming up for a vote in Congress. I try not to be as ignorant and uninformed as you are nor do I take everything a wealthy businessman has to say as fact or just assume that what he wants to do to be in the best overall interest of the American people.

I Googled HB 985 and came up with a whole list of choices-----which one should we be looking at?

vantexan

The consumer benefits. The working class does not.

Oldfart

Your insight and intelligence is so impressive that I just don't feel worthy to be bothering you. You just might be working on the next great break thru in America's business.

Na. You are actually just spreading your usual BS and in fact don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Suppose you get a competing offer which is better than your current arrangement and you ask your boss to match it. Do you think he would?

I've actually done this a handful of times... that's the only way to get a raise in this outfit & that's how I got 70 routes under my belt.

U think some of these contractors can appreciate a self reliant driver who can run his area without any "babysitter" to micromanage until they are loaded up and heading out. They'll learn the hard way...

bacha29

Your insight and intelligence is so impressive that I just don't feel worthy to be bothering you. You just might be working on the next great break thru in America's business.

Na. You are actually just spreading your usual BS and in fact don't have a clue to what you are talking about.
Wrong. I just try to the best of my ability to stay informed. You ought to try it sometime rather than to believe everything rich white Republican businessmen tell you. Here's a good place to start. Look up H.B. 985 and read it for yourself.

bacha29

I've actually done this a handful of times... that's the only way to get a raise in this outfit & that's how I got 70 routes under my belt.

U think some of these contractors can appreciate a self reliant driver who can run his area without any "babysitter" to micromanage until they are loaded up and heading out. They'll learn the hard way...
There is indeed a separation between the duties of the driver and the duties of the route owner. It's called a written job description. As is the case with many contractor drivers you probably don't have one and as a result the more of their duties and responsibilities you're willing to undertake the more they will pile on you until you reach a tipping point . By the sounds of things you're getting close to that point. You appear to be a conscientious and dedicated employee whose ambition and good character are being wrongly taken advantage of.

Oldfart

Wrong. I just try to the best of my ability to stay informed. You ought to try it sometime rather than to believe everything rich white Republican businessmen tell you. Here's a good place to start. Look up H.B. 985 and read it for yourself.
If you want to be successful, you should listen and learn from successful people. If you want to an UNSUCCESSFUL person, you listen to bacha

bacha29

If you want to be successful, you should listen and learn from successful people. If you want to an UNSUCCESSFUL person, you listen to bacha
Every time someone comes up with an important point or piece of information he wishes to share that may benefit someone and you can't offer an intelligent rebuttal you revert to personal attacks. Was this the way you were brought up or is it simply the culture where you live? Either way it's a testament to your blatant ignorance.

Oldfart

Every time someone comes up with an important point or piece of information he wishes to share that may benefit someone and you can't offer an intelligent rebuttal you revert to personal attacks. Was this the way you were brought up or is it simply the culture where you live? Either way it's a testament to your blatant ignorance.
If you actually knew what you were talking about, taking you serious wouldn't be a problem. Considering all you do is cut and paste from various business web sites and actually try to convince people you know what Bezos, Smith and other business leaders have in mind and what their intentions are is very comical. If you were half as smart as you try to convince people that you are, you would be a billionaire. Instead, you are a want a be nobody on a forum.

bacha29

If you actually knew what you were talking about, taking you serious wouldn't be a problem. Considering all you do is cut and paste from various business web sites and actually try to convince people you know what Bezos, Smith and other business leaders have in mind and what their intentions are is very comical. If you were half as smart as you try to convince people that you are, you would be a billionaire. Instead, you are a want a be nobody on a forum.
Whenever I come up with a piece of information that could impact the lives of the people on this site I pass it on. Unlike your self they realize the value of being informed especially in this the age of information. You on the other hand do the same two things over and over gain. Brag about your money and make personal attacks on people you don't even know. You tell me . Just what good is that? Furthermore what's the sense in that?

Oldfart

Whenever I come up with a piece of information that could impact the lives of the people on this site I pass it on. Unlike your self they realize the value of being informed especially in this the age of information. You on the other hand do the same two things over and over gain. Brag about your money and make personal attacks on people you don't even know. You tell me . Just what good is that? Furthermore what's the sense in that?
I figured as busy as you are advising Smith, Bezos, Buffet and the other movers and shakers, you wouldn't have time to spend on a site like this. You are truly a genius when it comes to business matters. I appreciate you sharing your wealth of knowledge.