Amazon in Negotiations?

vantexan

You do you realize that not every middle class family lives paycheck to paycheck right?

We are comfortably middle class and I can tell you I have never lived paycheck to paycheck my whole life
I didn't say that. I said working class folk live paycheck to paycheck. That in the last decade many who were once solid middle class citizens have been pushed into working class status by lack of raises or very small ones while inflation marches on. Brownslave pointed out that many middle class people live paycheck to paycheck too. And I agreed, but said If your getting middle class pay while living paycheck to paycheck it's probably of your own doing, getting in debt. You are to be commended for being responsible for your family's sake. The thing about middle class workers is they have choices working class people often don't. That being said I've known plenty of working poor who smoke a pack a day and/or buy a case or two of beer every weekend. It's their life, their decision, but if you do that while railing against the 1% all day you might want to consider other perspectives.

J92

I think more money on robotics would be money spent compared to buying out FedEx. Why not just look into buying out their contractors for business?

bacha29

I think more money on robotics would be money spent compared to buying out FedEx. Why not just look into buying out their contractors for business?
Why would Amazon want to haul X's ground box? If Bezos wants to avoid using common carriers to haul his boxes he'll simply continue with the development of his own trucking line. I can't see X doing anything with it's contractor model except to continue to expand it's role within the company. Making too damn money off it to do otherwise.