ARE UPS NES NEGOTIATORS HIGH?

A

Article 3

Scratch it... that's ok. But they still have to pay us triple time anyway would be my counter offer.
For no reason because we want it? That’s what a negotiation is.
Ahem...calm down.
It was a joke.
funny-gifs14.gif

A

Article 3

Yeah, I was just giving him a hard time for warning management to be prepared for something that started 20 odd years ago.
I know he is no rookie and meant no disrespect.

No, not really. I quit in '15 and just sold the last of my stock a couple months ago so I no longer have any financial connection to UPS other than the pension in a few years (assuming it's still there, it is planned for fun money). Although, if you guys do go on strike I might try to game it by shorting before and then going long during :happy2:. My attachment to the company is purely sentimental at this point. And yes, I recognize that is an illness. I'm working on it.

Maybe my next carreer will be to start the International Brotherhood of UPS Supervisors union. Probably should call it a partnership instead of brotherhood though, for the sake of irony if nothing else. Would you help me develop candlelit initiation rites, secret handshakes, decoder rings and such for a consultation fee?
International Motherhood of Schemesters is more fitting.

F

Frankie's Friend

yes like everyone else with a job everywhere, including you since you're not going to get everything you want either

i dunno why you'd think management has less choice in their jobs, you're a driver and that's all you'll ever be unless you quit or go management; i can change jobs by picking up the phone to my boss and telling him i want to do something different
And we choose not to change jobs by picking up the trash can lid and throwing away the letter of intent you mail to us every year.

brownIEman

Since this is a topic of one our informational activities lately, take the 'Book 10' language in our supplement (Article 57). This is extremely old language, from the National master freight agreement, that allows any regular employee to limit their workday to 10 hours. The company thinks that regular employee is somehow limited by classification.
Just an example of changing an interpretation of existing language to suit their incompetence.

So what is the specific proposal?
And what are some of the other 79?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
yes like everyone else with a job everywhere, including you since you're not going to get everything you want either

i dunno why you'd think management has less choice in their jobs, you're a driver and that's all you'll ever be unless you quit or go management; i can change jobs by picking up the phone to my boss and telling him i want to do something different
Only in certain areas are you forced to stay in one spot. Here we bid every two years, package feeder 22.2 22.3, and jobs come up to be bid on between the bi-annual bid. I can't imagine those areas where you are stuck on the same route or job for 20+ years; people criticize me for switching jobs so oft, union people too. I say, who would want to do the same redundant, mind-numbing thing for so long?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So what is the specific proposal?
And what are some of the other 79?

I'm not privy to specifics. Ask your management friends. Or wait for when or if they get posted.
I heard “All drivers punch in at the guard shack with a minimum $500 guarantee per day if the work or not.”
Can’t wait to eat burgers and drink beer on the street August 1st.

#LoveMyStrikeVacation

brownIEman

I heard “All drivers punch in at the guard shack with a minimum $500 guarantee per day if the work or not.”

#LoveMyStrikeVacation

Suuuweeeeet!

I'm gonna short the stock July 15 and reverse to a long position 3 days before you go back to work. I'll stop by on Aug 1st and drop off a keg and some burgers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I got fired for watching Queen and Taylor Swift videos on the clock. j/k :) different thread.

I was at UPS for more than 20 years and left to take care of my kids, and it was time - the level of crazy that gets ticked up a click at a time year after year so you hardly notice, I noticed had somehow gotten way past what I was willing to stomach. Not working gainfully at this point but was thinking of getting a van and become a PVD. And if the whole PVD thing gets squashed as a backup I can always live in the van down by the river and do motivational speaking here on the Cafe. :)
You married???

Coldworld

60 months and counting

#LoveMyStrikeVacation
If this trump tax plan goes into effect the company could very easily be saving hundreds of millions in taxes a year......now I’m not saying we should be taking all of that, but we should be able to get most of what we want within reason... they have no excuses...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hey brother
You still backing the lawyer with the famous last name ?
Tell the boss I said hello
So “brother”,
Who’s it gonna be? Who you voting for in the next election? The lawyer or the bully? I’m voting for Sean. I noticed your very quiet these days!!