Coldworld

60 months and counting
Weight isn't an issue and I am very active outside of work. That is actually one of the reasons why I am leaving PC. I am tired of getting beat up all week then sore when trying to enjoy doing my weekend activities. PC seems to be entering my home life. I am over it.
For the most part mgt treats you like a professional driver in feeder... along with your coworkers....

Indecisi0n

You passed?? How was it??
It wasn't bad at all. I was nervous as :censored2: but my training instructor told me before I walked out to the course , my driving and knowledge was spot on. He said there is no reason for you to fail this. Once the wheels started going I just switched over to trucker mode and all my training and practice came through. Even the DMV instructor said I did a really good job so I am flying high.

TTIMMAAYY

Since we don't have our own section I thought I would post this for anyone with Feeder questions.

What's our schedule like? What did it take to qualify? Why do we get so fat? How do we stay awake on the road? What does the Dispatcher do? What do the On-roads do? Why does the Company subcontract Feeder work? What is the pay like? What do mileage runs pay? What's a layover? What's a gladhand? What's a button hook? Why are you guys so slow on the road? What happens in high winds/snow/hard rain/if you hit a deer?

Any question is up for discussion. If you need specific information to your area be sure to post where that is as Feeder work rules vary quite a bit by location (and we are always arguing about the work rules).

If you're in Feeders, sound off. If you are in Feeder Management or Dispatch you are welcome too and lets have some respectful discussion.

TTIMMAAYY

So I signed bid..Before they called me,I went and got my physical w/ medical examiner's certificate.(my money)..After telling them,HR said,"this would be too confusing".so now Ill be getting another physical/cert...I know I should hv just waited.My question is,will this cause a problem with DOT/DMV..

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So I signed bid..Before they called me,I went and got my physical w/ medical examiner's certificate.(my money)..After telling them,HR said,"this would be too confusing".so now Ill be getting another physical/cert...I know I should hv just waited.My question is,will this cause a problem with DOT/DMV..
Nope. Just means you like your balls touched

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
1000 as a general guideline? Yea, but it really depends on what his daily intake was as a p/c driver. I could consume an awesome amount of food and drink beer as a p/c driver and never gain a pound, I don't eat or drink a 1/4 of what I did in p/c and I still gained weight.

I guess my metabolism runs a little faster than yours. I too could eat as much as I wanted in PC, but I really got in good shape and ate really healthy my last 4 or 5 years in PC. I've continued that into feeders. If I get lazy, I might gain ten pounds, but if that happens, I start getting real anxious. Ten pounds is as much as I'm willing to go up. Then I have to lose that.

My best way to keep my weight in check is by doing intermittent fasting. I just pick a time to stop eating, and wait about 12 hours before my next meal. Works pretty good.