King Of The Mountain

down in a holler
We're similar. We have bid cover jobs (that cover time slots, everyday), variable cover jobs (cover weekly jobs, vacations, comp, disability) and if they have too many drivers, they get laid off or go into the hub. This doesn't happen very often around here. I think it's been a few years since that's happened. I don't know how a person could rely on work for an on-call list. I've talked to guys that were lucky to get called once a week. How are you supposed to make a living like that?

We don’t have that on-call crap. Here, you are either a full time feeder driver, or you are in a different job classification.

Here you bid Into feeders then you bid a job for 6 months at a time or ride the oncall/coverage list by jsut being in feeders which you can sit at home if you are low on the list or go in the hub for 8.

Same here. You’re either a feeder driver or you aren’t. Guaranteed 8, no on call. There’s about 60 drivers on a spare list, that cover vacations.

How does your hub deal with the beginning of the week surge or the minor holidays? coyote logistics must love that place

You have to be certified to drive a golf cart here

run for the money

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
How does your hub deal with the beginning of the week surge or the minor holidays? coyote logistics must love that place.

Well, they plan for volume, as well as they can.

We are a big hub. We have a LOT of spotters. And as I stated earlier, our bid cover driver’s jobs are a specific start time. They come in the same time everyday as generally do something different everyday. So if they don’t have a road job for them, they work local. But if all of the bid guys are out on the road, and there are extra loads, they will pull someone out of a spotter and put them on the road. But that doesn’t happen too often.

We, generally, have plenty of drivers. Other than peak, Coyote never pulls loads out of here.

Special UPS Operator

Filled out background check docs on September 17th for a shifter position now it is September 28th still havent heard back???
I have very little seniority??

Worst part is the waiting game. As HR lady wont tell me everything.

Is getting my DOT pysical and drug test. Then later a background check a good solid sign that I am hired???

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Filled out background check docs on September 17th for a shifter position now it is September 28th still havent heard back???

Is getting my DOT pysical and drug test. Then later a background check a good solid sign that I am hired???
You post from the future? It is still the 27th

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You still haven’t figured out how seniority works?

Special UPS Operator

I kinda know now.

But no one is willing to be upfront about anything.

Most of people I talk to are like you are set, them making me take drug test, physical and background check is a good sign and that I should just wait for her to call me up.

But then some people are like she will have collected evergthing necessary about me anyway like drug test etc etc, it does not necessarily mean Im hired. Next she will decide who gets it.

Soooo much confusion and contradictory answers.
You still haven’t figured out how seniority works?

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

How do you know that???
Man Im lookin for some serious info to this confusion.

And 95%of you folks are always jokin around like chimps.
How would we be able to give you information that is in the HR womens head? It seems pretty obviously where you should go to get your question answered. So instead of going to HR you choose this route
dZcG71SB
giphy.gif

Indecisi0n

Guys when you pull the registration paperwork out and unfold it 15 times to view the expiration date why wouldnt you fold it back so the expiration date is showing so the next guy doesn't have to do it !!! AHHHHHH !!!

Feeder problems.