Indecisi0n

We were jut recently talking about this. I guess these brakes are either backed-off or out of alignment. Caught it on a dolly.

ddddd.jpg

hgjghj.jpg

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'd rather have my old 268 International back as to have a KW....UPS should get their money back on those lemons.

Those are some strong feelings!

I get annoyed with some things on the newer tractors but I would take them any day of the week over an old International. Except maybe the 279 single screw Kenworth's, those are the most jerky tractors ever built!

Those are some strong feelings!

I get annoyed with some things on the newer tractors but I would take them any day of the week over an old International. Except maybe the 279 single screw Kenworth's, those are the most jerky tractors ever built!
got some new single axle KW’s in CACH. Auto diesel’s. Actually seem pretty descent. Shifted smooth and rode nice!

barnyard

KTM rider
I covered a job last week. 1st day I had the assigned tractor. KW single screw, auto. Yuck. 2nd day, it had a PMI, so it was replaced with a twin screw KW with a 10 speed manual. So far, it is one of the nicest trucks I have driven. Quiet, decent power and once I figured out where are the switches were that I needed, it worked well.

I am supposed to be working a feedah job at peak. If that tractor or one like it is assigned to me, I would not be sad.

over9five

Staff member
All the new tractors steer funny. Well, not exactly funny, it's just you have to be STEERING 100% of the time. They just will not go straight even for 2 seconds. Glance down to adjust the AC or something, BOOM, over the fog line.
Rant ovah.

That is one complaint was the steering seemed like there was a tire out of balance and wobbled a bit.it was a lot smoother hooking to a trailer than the older autos. Those can be down right embarrassing lol This one had descent pulling power and was rather quiet. Maybe there’s hope for KW after all but let’s see how they are after a couple hundred thousand miles. Plus it didn’t laugh at me all night like the LNG

Johney

All the new tractors steer funny. Well, not exactly funny, it's just you have to be STEERING 100% of the time. They just will not go straight even for 2 seconds. Glance down to adjust the AC or something, BOOM, over the fog line.
Rant ovah.
Is it possible that it has new rear tires? We are having major issues with the new tire company and the retreads they are putting on the rear axles. Pretty much doing exactly what you’re saying. Don’t know if it’s the same tire company nationwide.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Rant ovah.

I used to think it was the tractors but I'm starting to think it's because we have the 5th wheels all the way back for pups and there is too little weight on the front axle.

People hate on the CNG tractors, but our Kenworth CNG tractors drive great at highway speed, even when bobtailing. They never wander like our newer diesel tractors do.

over9five

Staff member
Is it possible that it has new rear tires? We are having major issues with the new tire company and the retreads they are putting on the rear axles. Pretty much doing exactly what you’re saying. Don’t know if it’s the same tire company nationwide.
Not sure.

Mack37

That is one complaint was the steering seemed like there was a tire out of balance and wobbled a bit.it was a lot smoother hooking to a trailer than the older autos. Those can be down right embarrassing lol This one had descent pulling power and was rather quiet. Maybe there’s hope for KW after all but let’s see how they are after a couple hundred thousand miles. Plus it didn’t laugh at me all night like the LNG

Im pretty sure it’s the new tires. USPS finally started buying Internationals to replace the Mack’s and they drive goofy as well. Require constant steering input and just don’t feel stable, I’m assuming it’ll get better with some miles.