Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We had a KW rep assigned to one of our 246 series trying to figure out what was wrong with it. His only job was that tractor.

Turns out, they all have wiring issues.

Some of ours had new harnesses installed to fix some of the issues.

Adaptive cruise faults
Regen issues
Tranny faults
No starts
Dash light not working
Not shifting into gear
Total shutdown while driving
Never had those problems with my 204 MH Mack

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I’m in a 273 Mack now , just got it in July 478k on it , i sure won’t miss riding on springs

Did some little old lady drive that? I covered a mileage run last week with an assigned 247 tractor that was close to having that many miles. It's assigned to two mileage runs and goes almost 1,200 miles a day 5 days a week. On days it's not out, CNG drivers take it because they hate their CNG tractors.

Covemastah

Did some little old lady drive that? I covered a mileage run last week with an assigned 247 tractor that was close to having that many miles. It's assigned to two mileage runs and goes almost 1,200 miles a day 5 days a week. On days it's not out, CNG drivers take it because they hate their CNG tractors.
I only do average of 75 to 100 miles a day , they won’t give me a new tractor

Covemastah

61EFE4CF-2792-45AF-87BB-AEFF518C33FF.gif
I would fight somebody to get a 273 Mack.
Just try and take mine ,, boy !

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Did those use DEF? We had 274 Macks with tons of issues with the regen systems, I think they pawned them off to centers.

They used DEF.

Mine did have an occasional Regen issue. It would derate once in awhile and have to be manually regened at the shop using the computer to start it. Our mechanic finally tracked down the issue.

It was either a NOx sensor, or another DEF related sensor that he replaced and it fixed the issue. It had been going on for almost a year until he tracked it down. I think the part cost almost $2000.

It was a 10 speed, not auto, which I didn't mind, with no bells and whistles, no beeping and buzzing, but with air bags instead of springs.

Rode like a Cadillac