Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yea, I ain't got for all that. Not that I don't like money I just don't even put myself in that position. Its like I am standing in the middle while they each yell at each across from me, nope. I just leave, when I get back and dispatch asks where is the empty I tell them it's at the HUB. I'll explain to them what happened and how they can fix it for tomorrow. They never make the call and I never show a care in the world #winning.

Same here.

I tell my sup if he wants me to bring back a dolly, or 2 MT's, he needs to convey that with the other hub, because if I'm told by them to TO, that's what I'm going to do.

There was only one time that I did not listen to dispatch. Back when we had to call from the phones, I outbounded with one loaded trailer. The dispatcher told me over the phone to take an empty with my load. I told him that there was already 2" of snow on the ground and it was still coming down, expecting 3" more. I was not putting an empty on the back with this amount of snow. (I know, put an empty on the back, drive much slower and make more money.)

He said that he didn't care. Turn around and put an empty on the back. I said OK.....and left with the one trailer. Called my sup on the way back and told him what I did. He said it was my call to make, due to the snow, and he would have done the same thing.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We were discussing having to build 6 sets a night.....I end up looking like a drowned rat by the time I get home
we had a run like that and I hated getting that run on relief. it was go go go all night and time sensitive . the bid driver loved it and bid it year after year. was a workaholic before UPS. when he retired , he drank himself to death within a couple years. he was a hell of a nice guy. was sad to hear that news.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Holy cow. I had a current driver tell me they are going to add 64 sleeper teams in the Houston metro area in the next year. I'm guessing its for Sunday deliveries or getting away from the rail. Or maybe a combination of both.