Johney

Yes sir but I’m specifically talking about 95. I usually pass through at least 1 going south and 2 more coming back up. Every. Single. Night. I’m getting really tired of seeing cones.
How about those dam construction lights or for that matter the dam FHP lights? Can anything be more blinding?

Siveriano

Damn you guys really kept it going.
Feel more comfortable now still always go at least 1 under the speed limit unless is raining like last Friday then ill just go as fast as it feels safe.

Still trying to figure how to get a better tractor, yes I know is by seniority and route but a friend told me that if I don't start crying they will always give me the crappiest tractor as they now ill just drive it, some guys with less seniority (have about 27 under me now) get a better tractor.

Anyways till going strong learned most of the building directions now and gained 15 lbs total.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Damn you guys really kept it going.
Feel more comfortable now still always go at least 1 under the speed limit unless is raining like last Friday then ill just go as fast as it feels safe.

Still trying to figure how to get a better tractor, yes I know is by seniority and route but a friend told me that if I don't start crying they will always give me the crappiest tractor as they now ill just drive it, some guys with less seniority (have about 27 under me now) get a better tractor.

Anyways till going strong learned most of the building directions now and gained 15 lbs total.
Are you doing vacation cover or do you have your own run? Here if you are on VC you either get whatever tractor is available or use the one the guy you are covering is assigned. If you have your own run, 80% of the time there is a tractor assigned to that run.

Siveriano

Are you doing vacation cover or do you have your own run? Here if you are on VC you either get whatever tractor is available or use the one the guy you are covering is assigned. If you have your own run, 80% of the time there is a tractor assigned to that run.
Im covering different routes but i do know for fact that some have a nicer or newer truck yet the dispatch gives me a not so good one.
For example im covering a friend route this week and he has a better tractor but they are giving me one of the old ones instead.
Can I take thia issue to someone else or should i just keep my head down.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Im covering different routes but i do know for fact that some have a nicer or newer truck yet the dispatch gives me a not so good one.
For example im covering a friend route this week and he has a better tractor but they are giving me one of the old ones instead.
Ask the dispatcher why they're not giving you the tractor that's assigned to the run. No harm in asking.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Tractors are assigned to runs, not drivers. If you are covering someone’s run that has a nice tractor, that is YOUR tractor for the week. Whether or not you want to make an issue about it is up to you. I usually just took whatever.

ManInBrown

They are taking advantage of you. If you don’t say something how, plan on having it happen all the time. What is probably happening is, another driver that starts around the same time that doesn’t have a nice tractor, knows that the driver you are covering for is off, so that driver is probably taking the nice tractor. Happens all the time. You don’t make waves now, it will happen to you all the time. Speak up.

It’s real simple. Pull the tractor that you are supposed to have up on the DVIR in the IVIS. See the persons name who is using it, and go check the schedule and see what time that person starts this week. Then go to the dispatch desk and say why does this person have my tractor.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Tractors are assigned to runs, not drivers. If you are covering someone’s run that has a nice tractor, that is YOUR tractor for the week. Whether or not you want to make an issue about it is up to you. I usually just took whatever.
That was the official line here too, but every bid time the same crybabies would fuss and kick about wanting to take "their" tractor to their new run. And of course they usually got their way.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The tractor was assigned to the run at our hub. Some drivers would take the keys home for vacation . It got so bad that they made extra keys for the shop but the drivers were taking those too.

Then they made a 3rd set and had them in the dispatch managers office under lock and key. I had an extra key made up at the shop just in case. When I retired I had 3-4 different keys in my locker from different tractors.

You do what you hafta do to survive.

ManInBrown

The tractor was assigned to the run at our hub. Some drivers would take the keys home for vacation . It got so bad that they made extra keys for the shop but the drivers were taking those too.

Then they made a 3rd set and had them in the dispatch managers office under lock and key. I had an extra key made up at the shop just in case. When I retired I had 3-4 different keys in my locker from different tractors.

You do what you hafta do to survive.
The kiss asses are always going to get their way. The ones that spend as much time on their knees under the on roads desk than they do on the road. Those are the ones that cry when the new bids take effect that they don’t like the tractor on their new run. Give me this tractor. The tractors are assigned to bids here, but about a month after they take effect, there are always a few changes. And the ones under the on roads desk on their knees are the ones that can get away with taking keys home.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The kiss asses are always going to get their way. The ones that spend as much time on their knees under the on roads desk than they do on the road. Those are the ones that cry when the new bids take effect that they don’t like the tractor on their new run. Give me this tractor. The tractors are assigned to bids here, but about a month after they take effect, there are always a few changes. And the ones under the on roads desk on their knees are the ones that can get away with taking keys home.
sounds like our hub too.

glad I'm retired and away from that soap opera. been gone 5 years and have never visited the hub. have dropped in at the shop several times to BS with the mechanics. more my type of people.

Oak

Can a part time employee stay part time and become a relief feeder to cover vacations? Then work their sort when not covering? In the southern, by the way.

quad decade guy

Not so around here. It seems that dispatch does whatever they please including giving out sleeper trucks for local CPU. In fact, they let top seniority drivers make the assignments regardless of the I.E. aspect. Around here.

Siveriano

So for what I see trucks are assigned to jobs yet the dispatcher do as they want with the new guys.
A dispatch was out this week, the other guy would give me an old truck but once a SUP who was covering for the other dispatch started working he will upgrade my truck to something way better.

I won a spare route starting Monday as well.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Any other areas out there dealing with this crap of changing our assigned tractors every three months? Supposedly, it is to even out the mileage on all of the tractors.