quad decade guy

Or the feeder drivers showing off their two new LED service lights and/or HID fog lights, driving around the yard blinding everyone.

This is against our District policy. It was decreed on the same day(memo) as not parking on hub dock doors with the lights on(feeder coupled )(as this caused a fire, as there is so much debris around the dock area). News flash....clean up the dock areas(bumpers). Never gonna happen. If you don't think those old incandescent trailer lights get that hot...they do. Have seen them melt right through the plastic.

Siveriano

Gosh. I have to admit, I kinda felt bad at the beginning but no anymore.
I got my own Job (for now) 6 hours shifting on a tractor then maybe a load or 2, easiest OT ever.
Time to bump that 401k even more.

ManInBrown

I'm no fan, but some guys seem to like it. I know a couple senior guys who could take any route/ schedule they want and yet they stay on shifting jobs. And then there's balmd, where half the guys shifting can't go on road because they got a dui....
I’m not going to say all shifters, but I would venture to guess part of the drivers that just stay on shifting are afraid to go on the road. Whether it be weather conditions in the winter or they just aren’t comfortable driving on the road. I know of one or two drivers that could have basically any job they want, and what I said plays a factor in them staying on shift jobs.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’m not going to say all shifters, but I would venture to guess part of the drivers that just stay on shifting are afraid to go on the road. Whether it be weather conditions in the winter or they just aren’t comfortable driving on the road. I know of one or two drivers that could have basically any job they want, and what I said plays a factor in them staying on shift jobs.
I don't blame'em, driving got old sometimes especially the longer runs. My last few years I stayed local and it definitely crossed my mind to take a shifting job for the fall bid just to get off the road.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I liked shifting but it wasnt my full time bid. Did it for a week at a time on relief or during peak periods they would ask.

wouldnt like it year round. but's it's nice for a change of pace.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
IMO the only tolerable days to shift is sunny and 70 without a cloud in the sky. And even that gets old after a day or two. No thanks.
Nothing worse than aiming for lines on the ground that you can’t see because of blinding rain.

Siveriano

I dont really get bored doing shifting, got my phone + unlimited data.

I only do it all 14 hours on my first day where i have to put the extensions in and everything but the hub dies after 2am or so then is netflix time.

I took the job because i wanted to do OT and the starting time is just perfect for it.