over9five

Staff member
But if you’re scheduled Sunday you work? Double time? Here you’re off Sunday but have to work Monday night.
No-one working Sunday, everyone laid off Monday.
There are sign up sheets for Sat, Sun, Mon. Chema is running the day sort Monday, so there'll be rails. I do CPUs at night, none are open.
So of course, there'll be people working all 3 days, but it will be by seniority on the sign up lists.
Imma taking the 3 day weekend, I've been doing 6th punches every Sunday since before Thanksgiving.

ManInBrown

Any Buffalo feeder drivers on Brown Cafe? Genuinely curious on how you handle winter. Getting three feet today, seven feet a few weeks ago. Do y’all just somehow make it to wok to get paid for the day? Clearly no one is going on the road with that type of snow. Me personally, I wouldn’t risk killing myself in an accident to get there to get paid for 8 hours. We get snow here, but not crazy amounts like that and I have to imagine people that live in Buffalo are experienced in driving in that and have the right vehicle. Do you just stay home or somehow figure out a way to get there?

Here when it snows over 8 inches theyre thrilled when you don’t come in because they don’t have to pay you. But you always have those drivers that somehow get there and sit in the yard shifting all day. Usually the 30 year drivers who work six days per week, every working week of the year.

HFolb23

Any Buffalo feeder drivers on Brown Cafe? Genuinely curious on how you handle winter. Getting three feet today, seven feet a few weeks ago. Do y’all just somehow make it to wok to get paid for the day? Clearly no one is going on the road with that type of snow. Me personally, I wouldn’t risk killing myself in an accident to get there to get paid for 8 hours. We get snow here, but not crazy amounts like that and I have to imagine people that live in Buffalo are experienced in driving in that and have the right vehicle. Do you just stay home or somehow figure out a way to get there?

Here when it snows over 8 inches theyre thrilled when you don’t come in because they don’t have to pay you. But you always have those drivers that somehow get there and sit in the yard shifting all day. Usually the 30 year drivers who work six days per week, every working week of the year.
I’m not a BUFNY driver but I’m in NY and talk to lots of the western NY drivers in SYRNY. With this particular storm they were calling people and telling them to stay home, buildings weren’t even operating. Roads totally impassable, buildings not open, travel bans everywhere. Even if someone wanted to go in and sit around for their 8 I can’t imagine they’d even make it there. I noticed an insane amount of containers in SYRNY on Tuesday so I imagine they used the rail to move as much as they could since the thruway was closed down about 80 miles west of Syracuse.

The thing people don’t realize about the snow storms in western NY is that it’s lake effect snow most of the time. It’s extremely spotty and not typically a blanket storm like this past one was. It can snow 4, 5, 6ft in one location and 4 blocks away can get a foot or less. Years ago when Buffalo had the bomb cyclone that dropped over 7ft the city had locations less than a half mile away that only got a dusting. My reserve unit went out to assist in that storm and they never actually saw snow if that puts it into perspective, this storm they’re out walking in waist high snow digging out people and doing welfare checks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1672333128744.png

1672333152690.png

govols019

You smell that?
Seems like half the trailers I try to red tag I get this message..asked a trailer mechanic about it and he just looked at me like I had a turd hanging out of my mouth...I apologized for bothering him and walked out of the shop.

Any ideas on how to rectify the issue?

Attachments

• PXL_20221230_052925796.jpg
    PXL_20221230_052925796.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 35

HFolb23

Seems like half the trailers I try to red tag I get this message..asked a trailer mechanic about it and he just looked at me like I had a turd hanging out of my mouth...I apologized for bothering him and walked out of the shop.

Have had the same issue a few times since we got the new IVIS and both times this is how I fixed it step by step.

1.) Remove IVIS from cradle
2.) Carry IVIS to feeder office
3.) Hand IVIS to supervisor and say it’s not working
4.) Watch them write down the trailer number and issue.

After completing Step 4 you have successfully made it management’a problem.

Sorry for the sarcastic response, but we all know how UPS is in terms of covering your own butt and making problems someone else’s issue. So far, that’s the only method has worked fine for me and I’ve tried logging in and out, reloading the app, moving closer to the building in the yard, etc.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?

We have the same issue here. It only happens to me when I attempt to enter a CCR through Menu>eDVIR/CCR>Create eDVIR/CCR. If I enter information on a CCR on the trailer as I’m inbounding there is never a problem. I also would like to find a work around for writing up trailers and dollies that are already on property. The work around for a tractor is just enter the problem tractor under current vehicle and then change it to another tractor.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Have had the same issue a few times since we got the new IVIS and both times this is how I fixed it step by step.

1.) Remove IVIS from cradle
2.) Carry IVIS to feeder office
3.) Hand IVIS to supervisor and say it’s not working
4.) Watch them write down the trailer number and issue.

After completing Step 4 you have successfully made it management’a problem.

Sorry for the sarcastic response, but we all know how UPS is in terms of covering your own butt and making problems someone else’s issue. So far, that’s the only method has worked fine for me and I’ve tried logging in and out, reloading the app, moving closer to the building in the yard, etc.
I do the same thing at bigger buildings. I’ve yet to find a work around for the smaller buildings with no dispatch.

HFolb23

I do the same thing at bigger buildings. I’ve yet to find a work around for the smaller buildings with no dispatch.
I’m one of 4 feeder drivers in my center, when that happens at my building and not at a hub I save the trip to the office and send a text to my on road to get the same result.

govols019

You smell that?
We have the same issue here. It only happens to me when I attempt to enter a CCR through Menu>eDVIR/CCR>Create eDVIR/CCR. If I enter information on a CCR on the trailer as I’m inbounding there is never a problem. I also would like to find a work around for writing up trailers and dollies that are already on property. The work around for a tractor is just enter the problem tractor under current vehicle and then change it to another tractor.

It happened yesterday on the trailer I inbounded....it's annoying.

Siveriano

I think if you "view" the DVIR for the trailer then back out, ti lets you red tag it.

I think it needs to have you checking it first in order for your to red tag it.