retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It's part of the game , it happened to me in 2001 , I made it back in 04 for good
I went back the first 2 years I was in feeders. 10 months the first time, 2 months the second. Never went back. Package center manager didn't want me back at all. Said I was a "bad influence" to the newer package drivers. Plus, he wanted to turn me into a coverage driver and give up my old route of 7 years. That lasted one day. lol.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I went back the first 2 years I was in feeders. 10 months the first time, 2 months the second. Never went back. Package center manager didn't want me back at all. Said I was a "bad influence" to the newer package drivers. Plus, he wanted to turn me into a coverage driver and give up my old route of 7 years. That lasted one day. lol.
Lol. Same here ,, I went back on a rte I did for about 14 yrs .. well they added more work to it , said they other guy could do it !!
Well after a few days , I was getting his driver follow ups (tracers ) , had to go retrieve Un collected COD money and was told by several customers he would call them to see if they needed a pick up , I told the manager you can put on me all you want , I can't do it , I do the job correctly , they backed off ! The other driver ,,, was fired year later , stealing COD pkgs

Johney

He’s not even close. We have a guy from 1977 still LOL.

UPS started in Texas in 1971. they hired a few drivers off the street the first day they could. There are at least 2 of them still working in my old department.

I swapped with a 77 year old feeder driver from El Paso a few months ago. The guy was still getting around.
Why? Dear God retire already and enjoy what little life you have left. Absolutely amazes me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Uh……..not yet
78181.jpg

ManInBrown

It does not here. If you go into feeders you are at the bottom of the seniority list, but you are not fulltime feeder until you bid a run. So until you bid something you are free to go back to package anytime to your old route.
Amazing the different feeder rules by local. Here you transfer to feeder and you’re in. No going back to package. No on call bs. Guaranteed 40 with set weekly schedule. I first read about feeder here when I had my transfer in but wasn’t called yet so I thought what I read here would be how it was. Saw a feeder driver I knew one night walking out and asked him about going back to package once I’m in feeders and on call. Looked at me like I was crazy. You never go back to package. On call what the hell is that. 177 strongest local in the country.

Johney

Amazing the different feeder rules by local. Here you transfer to feeder and you’re in. No going back to package. No on call bs. Guaranteed 40 with set weekly schedule. I first read about feeder here when I had my transfer in but wasn’t called yet so I thought what I read here would be how it was. Saw a feeder driver I knew one night walking out and asked him about going back to package once I’m in feeders and on call. Looked at me like I was crazy. You never go back to package. On call what the hell is that. 177 strongest local in the country.
I spent my first year in feeders bouncing from package for two weeks then back to feeders for 3 weeks then back to package. It was brutal. I was lucky my package center manager was understanding and the weeks I was feeder then set to come back to package he’d give me a standing Monday off usually cause I worked Friday night in feeders.

HFolb23

Seniority follows us here. My time from package and even inside still counts towards my feeder seniority.

Has anyone had any luck working with the company in terms of sticking to the limitations of a doctors note? Had another appointment yesterday and after another set of scans my doctor wanted to take me out of work entirely while waiting on surgery to avoid further deterioration. I was able to convince him to write me a note saying I was limited to sitting for no more than an hour at a time instead. Haven’t handed it in yet because I don’t want the company to just take me out of work entirely. I’ve been told there is no such thing as light duty work at UPS.

I work in a small center. There are no shifting jobs and even our CPU bid has almost 90 mins of driving each leg. That 60 min restriction wouldn’t even get me to the closest hub. Starting to really feel like I’m up a creek without a paddle now.

Trucker Clock

How would you feel if you were the bottom guy in feeders and you got bumped back to pkg car because some guy with 20 years in decided he wanted to go to feeders?

I'd like to see their faces when he becomes #1 in feeders.

Why should feeders be any different than packages? Or a clerk job, counter job, porter job?

You have a FT seniority date. Go where your seniority allows you to go. Yes, it sucks. I got bumped down quite a few times, and back to packages a few times. But the other guys had more seniority. Why should feeders be any different just because someone was already in feeders and a package guy now wants to go? Both are FT employees.