Trucker Clock

I cannot sit that long without falling asleep

I can do packages with little to no sleep. Hung over from the night before, maybe even still a little woozy. It may not be a fun day, but it gets done.

In feeders, some people may not realize exactly how hard it is to stay awake with little sleep, for one reason or another, at 4:00 in the morning with 3 more hours still left to drive.

Trucker Clock

Nothing like laying down a set on a major interstate. Accidents happen.

Driver got their job back after 4 months. Thats a win.

Or when you drive it off a bridge and break your arm trying to jump from a burning tractor.

Driver lived. That's a win.

Bridge.jpg

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

When we got called to feeders it was for the week. Once you bid a run and obtain seniority in feeders you lose your package bid run and if you quit feeders you go back as a swing driver.
I wish we had that here. It would make life so much easier having a weekend.

ManInBrown

I feel like even asking that question you should stay in Package 10 more Summers. "Your worst day in Feeders is better than your best day in Package."
It’s really all subjective. Some people like fresh air and basically exercising for 9 hours a day. Me personally I wasn’t someone who was abused in package. Was a 9.5 driver and where I am they didn’t take too kindly to handing out those grievance checks. So once they saw you meant business and was not only on the list but would hit their wallet you were good from late Jan till peak. I used to get buried once or twice a week. I’ve heard other stories on here about buildings where they couldn’t care less. They abused and just paid. So really I didn’t mind it. So just to generally say your worst day in feeders is better than your best day in package is true, but there are exceptions. I wouldn’t go back but there are days where I wouldn’t mind putting in 23,000 steps and breathing the fresh air all day. My body is all healed where if I was still in package I’d be even more broken down.

finaddict

Just curious, who else lost volume to EZRPA since they opened? Newpa lost majority of daylight sort and cut about 15 runs already but also added some on. Also heard BURMD and BALMD cut a lot of runs as well
RicVa didn't lose any but some of the exchange points and bypass go to EzrPa now. Id rather go there than into the DC and northern Interstate 95 madness.