Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've pulled two 372XXX trailers this week. Is it just a regional thing?

It is nationwide.

Typical UPS. They know about the problem but refuse to tell their employees about it.

You would think that if the company really cared, that they would make sure every feeder driver got a hard copy handed to them with the trailer numbers on it and the fact that they are catching on fire.

It's almost like they are keeping it hush/hush so that the press doesn't find out that there is a defect in some of our trailers causing them to catch on fire.

They are putting their employees, and the public at risk.

Way to go UPS. I thought it was "safety first."

Johney

I've pulled two 372XXX trailers this week. Is it just a regional thing?

It is nationwide.

Typical UPS. They know about the problem but refuse to tell their employees about it.

You would think that if the company really cared, that they would make sure every feeder driver got a hard copy handed to them with the trailer numbers on it and the fact that they are catching on fire.

It's almost like they are keeping it hush/hush so that the press doesn't find out that there is a defect in some of our trailers causing them to catch on fire.

They are putting their employees, and the public at risk.

Way to go UPS. I thought it was "safety first."
Is it possible that some trailers may have already been fixed?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is it possible that some trailers may have already been fixed?

It is possible. But how do we know?
I write my trailer numbers down in a little notepad. I sometimes have 3 or 4 pages full before I tear the full ones out.

Looked back and have pulled 5 372xxx trailers in the past 5 weeks.

In fact, I had one that, when I hooked to and tugged to make sure the latch was engaged, the trailer came with me. That means no brakes.

Took it to the shop and mechanic said someone had backed off the spring brakes all the way. The only reason he said this would be done is if they were locked up or dragging while it was being pulled.

The driver who pulled it must have forgot to write it up.

The mechanic readjusted them and sent me on my way. He apparently did not know about the recall either.

Sounds like the issue in the recall. Luckily it did not catch on fire while I pulled it 150 miles.

UPS4Life

We had a note just stating that it's a recall from Great Dane and it deals with the brakes but nothing as to what we should do and it doesn't say we shouldn't pull them.

Pickles

Yes, look on the i Box for a "|". That means it has been fixed.

Also, what about the red painted nut on the electrical plug in? I heard it means they put some sort of "black box" type deal in the trailers.

Pickles

Fixed

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437087399.256493.jpg

Pickles

Letter to mechanics March 18.

{Scanned documents deleted by Cheryl. Please do not post copyrighted, proprietary or confidential information on our public forum. This includes material copied from UPSers.com or UPS internal communications.}

Nice of them to let us know huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

MoarTape

Letter to mechanics March 18.

{Scanned documents deleted by Cheryl. Please do not post copyrighted, proprietary or confidential information on our public forum. This includes material copied from UPSers.com or UPS internal communications.}

Nice of them to let us know huh?

Glad I snagged those before they got deleted.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Heard rumors of a Texas sleeper team involved in an accident in Virginia on July 11th or 12th. Trying to find out some more info. Anyone know anything about it? Google has failed me on this one. Thanks.

UPS4Life

Heard rumors of a Texas sleeper team involved in an accident in Virginia on July 11th or 12th. Trying to find out some more info. Anyone know anything about it? Google has failed me on this one. Thanks.
Do you know where all their route goes? I saw a sleeper guy last night talking about an accident where the team jackknifed. Didn't get a whole lot of info but saw the pictures. The truck was pretty messed up.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Guy told me the yard marker, but I didn't write it down. The driver that was in the bunk didn't put his net up and was injured flying out of the sleeper. That's all the info right now. I'll keep digging. thanks.

UPS4Life

Damn well hopefully the driver is alright. The picture I saw had the windshield out of it and he said the microwave went flying out of its cubby but I wasn't there for the whole conversation.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It was a sleeper team out of Baltimore going to Mesquite they rear ended another big truck. Drivers are ok (guy in the bunk bumped his head), tractor was totaled.