MoarTape

The compressor for the CNG pumps showed up in NewPA ..

Attachments

• 1437721574902.jpg
    1437721574902.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 215

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My building dispatches drivers 7 days a week every week.

Yes, but the standard workweek is 5 days.

I'm sure you have Sun-Thurs, Mon-Fri, Tues-Sat schedules.

Feeder drivers are scheduled for 5 days. They may work 6, but it is extra work and all time and a half.

If you're scheduled for a standard 5 day work week, not counting the extra work option, you are bound by the 60/7 DOT hours of service.

The difference being that an over the road driver, Swift, Schneider, JB Hunt etc, is not scheduled for a 5 day work week.

Their schedule is by the month, not the week. They leave, work for a week, month or however long, then come home for a little while.

If you're on the road 7 days a week, you get the 70/8 DOT hours of service.

UPS wants the 70/8 even though their drivers are only scheduled for 5 days. They want to be able to use them for 6 or 7 days if needed.

UPS4Life

Yes, but the standard workweek is 5 days.

I'm sure you have Sun-Thurs, Mon-Fri, Tues-Sat schedules.

Feeder drivers are scheduled for 5 days. They may work 6, but it is extra work and all time and a half.

If you're scheduled for a standard 5 day work week, not counting the extra work option, you are bound by the 60/7 DOT hours of service.

The difference being that an over the road driver, Swift, Schneider, JB Hunt etc, is not scheduled for a 5 day work week.

Their schedule is by the month, not the week. They leave, work for a week, month or however long, then come home for a little while.

If you're on the road 7 days a week, you get the 70/8 DOT hours of service.

UPS wants the 70/8 even though their drivers are only scheduled for 5 days. They want to be able to use them for 6 or 7 days if needed.

• If your company does not operate vehicles every day of the week, you are not allowed to drive a commercial motor vehicle after you’ve been on duty 60 hours during any 7 consecutive days. Once you reach the 60-hour limit, you will not be able to drive a commercial motor vehicle again until you have dropped below 60 hours for a 7-consecutive-day period. You may do other work, but you cannot do any more driving until you are off duty enough days to get below the limit. Any other hours you work, whether they are for a motor carrier or someone else, must be added to the total.
• If your company does operate vehicles every day of the week, your employer may assign you to the 70-hour/8-day schedule. This means that you are not allowed to drive a commercial motor vehicle after you’ve been on duty 70 hours in any 8 consecutive days. Once you reach the 70-hour limit, you will not be able to drive again until you have dropped below 70 hours for an 8-consecutive-day period. You may do other work, but you cannot do any more driving until you get below the limit. Any other hours you work, whether they are for a motor carrier or someone else, must be added to the total.

UPS operates vehicles 7 days a week so to me regardless if you work 7 days we should be on the 70/8.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcsa.dot.gov/files/docs/Drivers Guide to HOS 2015_508.pdf. Page 5

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
• If your company does not operate vehicles every day of the week, you are not allowed to drive a commercial motor vehicle after you’ve been on duty 60 hours during any 7 consecutive days. Once you reach the 60-hour limit, you will not be able to drive a commercial motor vehicle again until you have dropped below 60 hours for a 7-consecutive-day period. You may do other work, but you cannot do any more driving until you are off duty enough days to get below the limit. Any other hours you work, whether they are for a motor carrier or someone else, must be added to the total.
• If your company does operate vehicles every day of the week, your employer may assign you to the 70-hour/8-day schedule. This means that you are not allowed to drive a commercial motor vehicle after you’ve been on duty 70 hours in any 8 consecutive days. Once you reach the 70-hour limit, you will not be able to drive again until you have dropped below 70 hours for an 8-consecutive-day period. You may do other work, but you cannot do any more driving until you get below the limit. Any other hours you work, whether they are for a motor carrier or someone else, must be added to the total.

UPS operates vehicles 7 days a week so to me regardless if you work 7 days we should be on the 70/8.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcsa.dot.gov/files/docs/Drivers Guide to HOS 2015_508.pdf. Page 5

The problem is...UPS operates less than 0.02% of its vehicles everyday.

Just because they have 1 or 2 feeder runs on Sunday, does not mean the DOT will give them the 70/8.

If it did, UPS would have it by now. And we don't. We are 60/7.

Newport2

Whether there is 1 or 1000 drivers operating, the company is running. By the way Grande Vista in LA is OPEN 7 days a week. Drivers starting every day of the week. The Majority of them stating on Sunday. And Ontario.

MaceFremonti

I can't tell you how many chassis' I encounter at NEWPA that aren't zip tied at all. I guess guys figure it's only thirty minutes back to NEWPA from PGHRR, what could go wrong?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Whether there is 1 or 1000 drivers operating, the company is running.

If what you say is true, then why is not UPS operating under the 70/8 hours of service?

There is no advantage to following the 60/7 rule. There are huge advantages to following the 70/8 rule.

Maybe something to do with UPS drivers having a 5 day standard work week, not 7 days?

An over the road driver following the 70/8 has a 7 day work week. He leaves and works everyday until he returns weeks or months later.

Almost every UPS driver, with a few minor exceptions, only works 5 days a week.