ManInBrown

Small hubs are usually the worst because they are processing too much volume and weren't built to handle ZZZ trailers. We've had new drivers come back from a few of these places and it looks like they have PTSD, they are that tough to get around or build sets in, especially with Kenworth CNG tractors.

I go to 3 of the top 5 UPS hubs by volume on a regular basis and they are wide open compared to the small buildings I mentioned above.
Out west has to be wide open I imagine. Brush Ave is pretty fun.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The worse place was the South San Francisco hub. It was so tight you had to jackknife most trailers into a spot. Wish i had a picture of that trailer garage. Some spots had poles in them. the only way to get the trailer in was to drag it back . There were so many drivers hitting trailers that no one cared cause management didnt want to hear it and no one was ever charged.

ManInBrown

The worse place was the South San Francisco hub. It was so tight you had to jackknife most trailers into a spot. Wish i had a picture of that trailer garage. Some spots had poles in them. the only way to get the trailer in was to drag it back . There were so many drivers hitting trailers that no one cared cause management didnt want to hear it and no one was ever charged.
43rd is like that. You cannot back into almost every spot besides 1-3 without scraping the trailer against a yellow pole

barnyard

KTM rider
I punched out a few clicks over 13 hours this morning. Half the trailers that were brought to our building on Friday had frozen brakes this morning.

Siveriano

so I heard this trick for feeders.
Come to work, take your 1-hour lunch after 3 hours, then 8 hours later (11 hour) the company must pay you a 30 minutes break.

Anyone can verify if this is true?

Got my driving text next Monday woot woot

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
so I heard this trick for feeders.
Come to work, take your 1-hour lunch after 3 hours, then 8 hours later (11 hour) the company must pay you a 30 minutes break.

Anyone can verify if this is true?

Got my driving text next Monday woot woot
Let us know how that trick works out for ya.