Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
NEWPA is now forcing everyone to come in for a 6th punch to recover high volume lol. Dumb question of the day..is everywhere else this big of a mess?
We seem to be staying afloat but I had to go to the rail yard today and start pulling back MEANJ loads because something happened up there. Never figured out what.

barnyard

KTM rider
NEWPA is now forcing everyone to come in for a 6th punch to recover high volume lol. Dumb question of the day..is everywhere else this big of a mess?

We are getting the loads to my building, they are not getting unloaded. I have been doing 14 hours everyday because the preload does not want to give up the shifter.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Where's UPS gonna get these trainers from?
Most feeder drivers I know wouldn't give up their job to be an ORS. About the time I came into feeders, they were needing trainers bad. I don't know what kind of package they offered, but 4 out of the top 10 in seniority went into management at the same time. Must have been sweet.

barnyard

KTM rider
Our building is doing good not rolling trailers......yet. They did 95,000 the other day.
I spoke to a guy that worked today... They cleaned up all the rolled trailers and emptied one that was waiting for Monday. Plus, they picked up 2 loads that I will pull to the hub tomorrow. Hopefully, this week is quiet and they are able to stay ahead of the game.

BottomFeeder909

Ruh-Roh

FMCSA rejects UPS driver training exemption request - FreightWaves

The agency explained that requiring a driver training instructor to hold a commercial driver’s license and have either two years of experience driving a truck of the same or higher class, or two years’ experience as a behind-the-wheel instructor, is necessary to establish minimum qualification standards.

The ELDT final rule has been suspended for 2 years for all interested parties to get their ducks in a row. So in my estimation that gives United Parcel Service 2 more years and by that time all of the feeder on-road sup's will have that experience required to train.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah, it makes sense to me. A guy goes to Chicago for a couple of weeks, then comes back an expert and tells guys who have been driving half their lives that they don't know what they are doing. Any feeder driver knows that you run into a whole lot of scenarios on the road that you only learn by being on said road. That's how you learn to solve problems that come up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yeah, it makes sense to me. A guy goes to Chicago for a couple of weeks, then comes back an expert and tells guys who have been driving half their lives that they don't know what they are doing. Any feeder driver knows that you run into a whole lot of scenarios on the road that you only learn by being on said road. That's how you learn to solve problems that come up.
We had a mentor program at our hub and I was one of the first mentors and really enjoyed it. when a new feeder driver got into an accident they would go on ride alongs first with an ORS and then with two feeder mentors.

It worked great. All the drivers said they learned more from us mentors in one day than they did in training or with a ORS. And it was satisfying to me to teach the new drivers all the tricks of the trade which took years of experience to learn.

What'dyabringmetoday???

We had a mentor program at our hub and I was one of the first mentors and really enjoyed it. when a new feeder driver got into an accident they would go on ride alongs first with an ORS and then with two feeder mentors.

It worked great. All the drivers said they learned more from us mentors in one day than they did in training or with a ORS. And it was satisfying to me to teach the new drivers all the tricks of the trade which took years of experience to learn.
I wish I could have been mentored by you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The ELDT final rule has been suspended for 2 years for all interested parties to get their ducks in a row. So in my estimation that gives United Parcel Service 2 more years and by that time all of the feeder on-road sup's will have that experience required to train.
Yes I'm sure UPS will properly use this time to prepare and instantly promote all the trainers they need for the future. All is well, nothing to see here.
Lol.