retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My son is a PT supe in the feeder department. He just told me that they are out of DEF, and there are 5 drivers that need it in their tractors. How could they run out of something like that during peak?
I retired right before they started using DEF. Won't an engine shut down without it for the regen? Or go to reduced power?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My son is a PT supe in the feeder department. He just told me that they are out of DEF, and there are 5 drivers that need it in their tractors. How could they run out of something like that during peak?
I retired right before they started using DEF. Won't an engine shut down without it for the regen? Or go to reduced power?
Yes

Hadjabear

You let your son become a pt sup?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Feeder department is responsible for the DEF in our building. I thought it would be automotive. Feeders told the drivers to stop by a Flying J and buy DEF out of their own pocket and the company would reimburse them. Good luck with that. Maybe times have changed, but way back when (before cell phones) if we had to call in for some reason, the drivers wouldn't use their own quarter on a payphone. We would call collect.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Feeder department is responsible for the DEF in our building. I thought it would be automotive. Feeders told the drivers to stop by a Flying J and buy DEF out of their own pocket and the company would reimburse them. Good luck with that. Maybe times have changed, but way back when (before cell phones) if we had to call in for some reason, the drivers wouldn't use their own quarter on a payphone. We would call collect.
thats funny. our hub ran out of diesel an we made a supe go to truck sop to fill our tanks eith his credit card

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

No thanks. I’m not paying for anything out of my own pocket. That’s what we have fuel cards.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No thanks. I’m not paying for anything out of my own pocket. That’s what we have fuel cards.

I got caught in a blizzard some years back. Couldn't make it back. They told me to find a hotel and to pay for it and that they would reimburse me.

I told them that I'm on the clock until they call me back and tell me there is a room reserved with my name and it is paid for.

Didn't take very long for them to find me a room and pay for it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We run out every few months. A mechanic told me we've switched to a 3rd party company out west who places the order. He said it was supposed to be some huge savings but is just a hassle. If they call it in sometimes it takes too long for delivery and we run out.

It's probably part of our buildings master plan for maximum manager bonuses. Just like randomly locking the car wash which shifts that time to other buildings who still have their car was open. Shut off the DEF and guys will fill up at their TA building if possible.

Indecisi0n

What's a payphone ?

ManInBrown

We have a couple buildings in our area that dont have fuel or def. Our main building has a def tank at the fuel pumps. The buildings that dont have either have pallets full of 3 gallon def jugs. How do buildings not even have that? What a joke. Go on the road and break down and sit for hours getting paid. Thats their problem.

Rabrown

I came to Cache to interview for Perm Sleeper Feeder. I accepted the job. Went to give my acceptance speech and was told to shut up and sign here

They are paying us new drivers 30hr. Until you catch up to progression.

Guys in the building said most new hires are going straight to OTR because they have so many spots open.

Anyone in 710 that can tell me what area to live in not live in around hodgkins.

Best place to eat.

And how much is initiation fee

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I came to Cache to interview for Perm Sleeper Feeder. I accepted the job. Went to give my acceptance speech and was told to shut up and sign here

Guys in the building said most new hires are going straight to OTR because they have so many spots open.

Anyone in 710 that can tell me what area to live in not live in around hodgkins.

Best place to eat.

And how much is initiation fee

not sure about the other 2. But any feeder man worth a damn will tell you the best place to eat is Dunkin Donuts always

ManInBrown

Best place to eat.

And how much is initiation fee[/QUOTE

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
D4BD6E8B-430B-48AF-A6D8-2307665DE688.jpeg

Lol.