Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It states that.... in your supplement or Local Rider ?
Word of mouth I haven’t looked for the language. If you are a cover driver waiting on a full time spot and they hire off the street, you are bumped up to full time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Word of mouth I haven’t looked for the language. If you are a cover driver waiting on a full time spot and they hire off the street, you are bumped up to full time.

I'm guessing it's just "word of mouth".

If there was "actual language" that said that....

it would be a benefit to other Local's and supplements during negotiations.

How long of a contract do you sign if you go to feeder school? I'm a current Package Car driver that's gonna put my name on the list next month, but my family and I are moving out of state in the next year or two.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How long of a contract do you sign if you go to feeder school? I'm a current Package Car driver that's gonna put my name on the list next month, but my family and I are moving out of state in the next year or two.
You don't sign any contract. It's a 2 year commitment if you stay with UPS but you can still quit the company.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I live on the mainline for the BNSF that runs between Chicago and Seattle. I also watch trains. I have seen a definite reduction in the number of UPS trailers I see on trains. It used to be fairly common to see 20-30+ on a train, now more than 10 is kind of rare.

5 years ago, we were screaming to get the loads off the rails....
My load just got pulled off the rail 2 days a week.

barnyard

KTM rider
So if you dont commit the two years you have to pay it back?

In Central, it is a 3 year commitment. The non-productive week is unpaid, but if you honor the 3 year commitment, you get that week paid. I was paid the 40 hours for that week as if I worked it. The supe told me that if I did not make feeders during my production week OR if I did not stay in feeders for 3 years, I would have to pay that back.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
1836218A-8B04-428B-A693-242ED716B5A4.jpeg

I thought you guys might find this interesting.