Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well your local is a bunch of friend’n *&*$&*& then.

Without this agreement, we lose the customers. These customers provide Union jobs...

Sort to unload and process these packages.
Feeder jobs to move the processed packages.
Sort jobs to unload the moved packages.
Package jobs to deliver the packages.

So you tell me you would refuse to allow this and lose the customers, lose Union jobs? Yea, right.

They won't let a Union employee on their premises, yet they'll give their money to a Union company? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sending the money to a Union Company is a little different than a Union member conversing with their non-Union employees. They will put up with sending money to a Union Company because they have little, reliable alternatives. But, they can keep Union members off their property.

Mack37

It just rubbed be the wrong way when I saw it, that’s why I took the pic.

Competition or not, I don’t want to see Amazon doing :censored2: that a union man should be doing. Pisses me right off. A feeder driver and I pick up at the same customer everyday at the same time, we always help each other out.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm getting on my soapbox for a minute here. Had a good friend of mine (a current 40 year driver) who attended a function at the union hall. After some questions from some drivers the BA told those who attended that "We are just letting UPS do what they want. The company is adding a bunch of new jobs, and we don't want to jeopardize that." He mentioned they are (at least down here in my local) letting UPS use independents anytime they want. Letting them do whatever they want while changing things around to go to a 7 day delivery operation. Example: There are are 25+feeder jobs that go from Houtx-Texarkana. These jobs are mostly held by higher seniority drivers who don't want to drive sleeper. They are Mon-Fri runs. They are mileage. They have a minimal amount of of work involved. They are 10-11 hour runs. The company recently came out and said these jobs are all going to change to Tues-Sat runs. They will no longer be mileage, but will now be paid hourly. Changing these jobs from mileage to hourly will cost the drivers on those runs approximately $100.00/day, should they stay on those jobs. I retired at the beginning of the contract before the current one. Seems like I remember reading that once a job was mileage, the company would not be allowed to turn it into an hourly run. I can't find anything in writing that says that though. There are a lot of unhappy senior drivers at my old building. Seems like the union down here, at least, is giving the company a blank check to do whatever they want to keep more union dues and insurance money flowing into the union. I hope this isn't happening everywhere else as well. The times, they are a changin'.

Pickles

I'm getting on my soapbox for a minute here. Had a good friend of mine (a current 40 year driver) who attended a function at the union hall. After some questions from some drivers the BA told those who attended that "We are just letting UPS do what they want. The company is adding a bunch of new jobs, and we don't want to jeopardize that." He mentioned they are (at least down here in my local) letting UPS use independents anytime they want. Letting them do whatever they want while changing things around to go to a 7 day delivery operation. Example: There are are 25+feeder jobs that go from Houtx-Texarkana. These jobs are mostly held by higher seniority drivers who don't want to drive sleeper. They are Mon-Fri runs. They are mileage. They have a minimal amount of of work involved. They are 10-11 hour runs. The company recently came out and said these jobs are all going to change to Tues-Sat runs. They will no longer be mileage, but will now be paid hourly. Changing these jobs from mileage to hourly will cost the drivers on those runs approximately $100.00/day, should they stay on those jobs. I retired at the beginning of the contract before the current one. Seems like I remember reading that once a job was mileage, the company would not be allowed to turn it into an hourly run. I can't find anything in writing that says that though. There are a lot of unhappy senior drivers at my old building. Seems like the union down here, at least, is giving the company a blank check to do whatever they want to keep more union dues and insurance money flowing into the union. I hope this isn't happening everywhere else as well. The times, they are a changin'.

We are starting to experience similar stuff with all the sleeper teams coming in. Does anyone know if for sleeper team each leg has to be at least 550 miles?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We are starting to experience similar stuff with all the sleeper teams coming in. Does anyone know if for sleeper team each leg has to be at least 550 miles?

National Master

Article 43

Section 2

(b) There shall be no two (2) person operations on runs of less than five hundred fifty (550) outbound miles and one thousand one hundred (1,100) miles round trip. All bids and cover drivers will receive reasonable time off at their home center. Every team driver shall be guaranteed at least forty (40) hours of pay per week.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
(b) There shall be no two (2) person operations on runs of less than five hundred fifty (550) outbound miles and one thousand one hundred (1,100) miles round trip. All bids and cover drivers will receive reasonable time off at their home center. Every team driver shall be guaranteed at least forty (40) hours of pay per week.
Do you consider a run and a leg as one and the same?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Do you consider a run and a leg as one and the same?

The contract says "runs."

Can it be abused with 4 legs on the way out as long as they end up 550 miles out before turning around?

The issue is that these sleeper jobs were supposed to be created by taking work of the rail. I know, look what happened to 22.4's. I do not agree with these new sleeper jobs taking loads away from the current feeder network and having current runs, schedules changed.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

We have a quite few sleeper legs under 550 miles and a few well under 500. I know they have filed grievances but the work has not reverted back to feeders.

Most of them are out and back while some are at the end of sleeper runs coming back into their home domicile.

AlphaCureMom

I just got my letter to go to feeder, and to be honest I'm a little bit nervous on what to expect. Also the picture of Amazon moving our trailers I can provide a bit of insight on that since I've done that for them. So Amazon will usually have TOM Team move UPS trailers between their yards or their offsite yard where they keep a ton of full and empty trailers that belong to a whole bunch of other carriers.

Attachments

• 20181023_032408.jpg
    20181023_032408.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I just got my letter to go to feeder, and to be honest I'm a little bit nervous on what to expect? Also the picture of Amazon moving our trailers I can provide a bit of insight on that since I've done that for them. So Amazon will usually have TOM Team move UPS trailers between their yards or their offsite yard where they keep a ton of full and empty trailers that belong to a whole bunch of other carriers.

if olroaddog can do it

I’d say you have a pretty good chance

AlphaCureMom

Thanks man... I already have my CDL and endorsement anything I should know about the class in general. I was told there was a DoK I needed to memorize does anyone have any idea of what that is?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Thanks man... I already have my CDL and endorsement anything I should know about the class in general. I was told there was a DoK I needed to memorize does anyone have any idea of what that is?
DoK = Depth of Knowledge.
It's just UPS safety acronyms. They'll give you a handout with all of them and yes, you have to memorize and regurgitate them verbatim. It's not hard, we all had to do it.