Bad negotiating committee?

Db2400

6.9 million job openings this July. 3.6 million people quit there job in July to seek better employment. This is the time the union should be putting the edge to the company because of such a strong job market. Instead the give us this sell out contract. We need some educated people in union leadership.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
6.9 million job openings this July. 3.6 million people quit there job in July to seek better employment. This is the time the union should be putting the edge to the company because of such a strong job market. Instead the give us this sell out contract. We need some educated people in union leadership.

Yeah.... they have no idea how to do the job.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The thing is, the company made record profits? I don't get it?

Why is that the "vote no" groups only argument ?

Why not go in strong?

Who said they didn't ?

They solicited the members for their concerns and addressed the top ones.

1) Pension.

2) Health & Welfare.

3) Forced excessive overtime.

4) Harassment.

Everyone has their personal laundry lists of wants....

But, you can't address every one.

-Bug-

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Who said they didn't ?

1) Pension.

2) Health & Welfare.

4) Harassment.

-Bug-

That is not the "Vote No" groups only problem. My problem is that we have a bunch of elected officials without the stones to go againts their higher ups in our Union. Most seem to have turned into cheerleaders and professor's for this contract. Talking it up to the Lemmings and putting down us dip:censored2:s who can't see the brilliance of their work.

And the games for this POS contract are already beginning. Our feeder department mixed and matched runs with pickups so they could cut runs before the contract is ratified. Any idea why they would do that? Maybe to set the baseline for the use of contractors out of our building?

We now have 480 mile runs with CPU work at the beginning and end. It's like a planned 12+ hour day on a 5 day job with beach traffic a good part of the year. It's not one run like this, it's quite a few.

Last edited:

The Driver

I drive.

Who said they didn't ?

1) Pension.

2) Health & Welfare.

4) Harassment.

-Bug-

The first unspoken "concern" should be to never allow union solidarity to be purposefully divided, in this case by allowing an underclass of full-time driver. PERIOD.

We're dropping the ball if we vote this in as-is.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Who said they didn't ?

1) Pension.

2) Health & Welfare.

4) Harassment.

-Bug-

The question should be asked if they ever tried...:thumbdown

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
This is pathetic!

25592.jpeg

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
In your illustrious career at UPS....

What are your accomplishments ?

-Bug-

So you skip over my post telling you they're cutting feeder runs to lower the baseline for Contracting, but get your panties in a wad when I mentioned the teamsters being incompetent when it comes to text messaging. Nice!

After being force-fed this piece of smile* contract my greatest accomplishment will probably be withdrawing from the Union. At least that will probably be my most fulfilling moment.

I don't need Miss Cleo to be able to tell you what your biggest failure is going to be. By the end of this contract there will be contractors everywhere doing feeder runs and 22.4 drivers will be screwing regular package car drivers out of work every single day they are scheduled to work.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And this is what our union leadership has become.

Sad day when I can't tell the difference in the words coming out of union leaders mouths vs management mouths.

And you don't think it's embarrassing....

When all the average member can do, is "parrot" the TDU byline ?

What was the % of members that voted for strike authorization ?

Oops....

F

Frankie's Friend

Oops....
The feeling is that it wont matter if they voted to strike.

You forgot subcontracting on your list above.

Isn't it funny how those obvious points are ignored and TDU becomes the placebo villain to trick people into not discussing the trash that exists right in front of our eyes.

How did our medical get better? The CR director said they were looking to fix the issue of driving many miles to find providers in network. 407 got a catch up finally and we are happy for them but you say that health and welfare was addressed as a top priority. So.....?

Demeaning folks on here for wanting better and expecting more out of this contract, especially after the last mess in 2013, in a time of phenomenal prosperity is linked to someone driver's accomplishments?

This is where people's faith in the leadership is lost.

F

Frankie's Friend

Oops....
% of all that voted to strike was in my calculations 100% of the 100%.
Helpfull?