35years

Gravy route
And because you said it and we’re talking about it, it must be true. Smh..

It’s false. This is called fake news.
It is true if you believe it or not.
Try this...
On the ORION screen in the morning zoom in on a street on the route then I believe you right click on it to see the programmed speed limit. I am not sure about the right clicking part, but there is a way to see the projected speed limits. I have seen it with my own eyes, and they are not even close to reality. My management team does not dispute that they can change the computer projected speed limits. Next you will be saying they can't manipulate the projected left bldg time...My projected left bldg time is exactly my start time.:teethy:

No one with any amount of experience at UPS believes the allowance corresponds to reality. Oh yeah, how much time was CIR going to save us?

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I’m a new driver (less than 1 yr) I’ve been told multiple times by different sups that I was promoted as a “scratch” driver and I need to scratch EVERY day. And if I don’t it’s going to be a problem for me. I know I shouldn’t worry about their numbers but I really just want to stay off the radar and not have a target on my back. I work hard and give 100% every day. The majority of days I run scratch and if I’m over it’s not by a lot. However, there are still some days when things aren’t going my way and it’s a struggle. They don’t care though. All they look at is the bottom line. Just a scare tactic or should I be concerned?
You pay union dues right? They can’t do anything dude

clean hairy

And because you said it and we’re talking about it, it must be true. Smh..

It’s false. This is called fake news.

I did like a previous post about supervisors using code 2. I actually check how I did under code 06 before changing it to code 2. Scratch most routes. Everyone has their moments. My manager will pull on roads in if we suck regardless of code 02. If your supervisor can’t perform on your route then that’s his problem but I actually like delivering. Package car driving can be some ball busting but it’s sweet when you get into that groove.

On that same note... the code 02 shows a supervisor as scratch NOT because it’s trying to hide it, but because as a salaried employee there is no overtime or overdispatch so you don’t want that time put into your excess hours bucket. Each center has a cost plan for management within a building. so why would UPS want to see how many excess hours on road supervisor dopey (that’s me) had when My salary, including pulling a route that day, was already accounted for?
Should be able to lead by example.
Jump on drivers for not running scratch, the Sup should be able to run scratch on ANY route ANY day.
If not able to do, then lay off drivers not running scratch!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But I got dq'd for going over.. so after you qualify it doesn't matter??

You mentioned earlier, that you are in the Central Region.

During your first 30 days.... they can disqualify you for anything.

(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty (30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be discharged without further recourse;

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

Should be able to lead by example.
Jump on drivers for not running scratch, the Sup should be able to run scratch on ANY route ANY day.

A supe running a route scratch ? Those days are long gone.

They are lucky if they can get out of the building, without GPS.

@Airwoman18

File a grievance protesting your disqualification.

Some circumstances, can lead to an immediate 2nd chance or extension.

What you need to know, is this an established training route ? (per the contract)

And what is the % of people qualifying on it.

Some routes.... no one can "scratch".

-Bug-

Boxchucker

I love dirty boxes
Ancient Driver Proverb

You must only do four things everyday, deliver all your boxes, pickup all your boxes, make sure you don’t hit anybody with truck and make sure nobody hits your truck.

El Correcto

god is dead
I have tired in my center to file a grievance more than one time and my Steward told me "Lets not ruffle feathers" I went to business manger and he said "let sleeping dogs lay" I have a lot of faith in the system ...NOT
During a sit down with my center manager my steward tried to tell me I’d be fired over telematics and production. It was bizarre. I always tell them to get someone else if they try to use him. I’d rather have a part timer sit in there with their mouth shut being a witness than that idiot.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Uh, excuse me boy but the supe could've told the driver that on road, play by play.
If you dont address it on road dont bring up some report the next day when you ran over allowed with a trimmed, tailored and groomed load.

Your games dont change.

I hope the OP and every other driver that still thinks management is their friend becomes tone deaf to your continuous drivel and concentrates on safety and customer service and relations.

It's bad for the company brand to continuously send out drivers who hate their job...and their management.

But what the heck do you care. You and people like you are like the lizards of oz, hiding behind the curtain, acting bad. Playing mind games.

Try being a human instead of a self proclaimed dragon.

Being Human, works both ways.

Kinda like the prayer circle I see some guys in the morning, hypocritical. I chuckle to myself every time I see it.