Big announcement coming in Jan

bacha29

But the revenue is made at Express
True but margins are the thing that drives the bus and the stock price and Ground's margins are almost double that of Express. Don't worry Express will always be around but if present trends continue it will likely be smaller operating more in a role of supporting Ground operations and paying something more along the line of what Ground contractor employed drivers make.

In keeping with that reality I sincerely hope that you Express guys can find your way to a better place.......except Dano. Nothing can be done about him..... Too many trips to the academy.

Gone fishin

True but margins are the thing that drives the bus and the stock price and Ground's margins are almost double that of Express. Don't worry Express will always be around but if present trends continue it will likely be smaller operating more in a role of supporting Ground operations and paying something more along the line of what Ground contractor employed drivers make.

In keeping with that reality I sincerely hope that you Express guys can find your way to a better place.......except Dano. Nothing can be done about him..... Too many trips to the academy.
Haha , I think we’ll be fine. Thanks tho

bacha29

Haha , I think we’ll be fine. Thanks tho
Perhaps for some but for others thinking the way you do is whistling through the graveyard. This industry had the potential to get a whole lot worse before it gets a whole lot better and in an industry that is just one recession away from becoming a graveyard for scores of carriers including some big ones.

bbsam

Staff member
True but margins are the thing thatdrives the bus and the stock price andGround's margins are almost double thatof Express.

is that still true?

vantexan

Perhaps for some but for others thinking the way you do is whistling through the graveyard. This industry had the potential to get a whole lot worse before it gets a whole lot better and in an industry that is just one recession away from becoming a graveyard for scores of carriers including some big ones.
And yet somehow you think they've got billions to provide high pay and benefits.

MAKAVELI

And yet somehow you think they've got billions to provide high pay and benefits.
They can afford to pay everybody equally and have kept our benefits at a decent level. If they can't afford to do that than they really shouldn't be in business and need to sell it to someone that can.

vantexan

They can afford to pay everybody equally and have kept our benefits at a decent level. If they can't afford to do that than they really shouldn't be in business and need to sell it to someone that can.
But businesses don't exist to pay everyone well and provide benefits. Businesses offer such things to attract people who can help them make money. Because package delivery nationwide requires a large amount of people and competition requires holding the line on prices to be competitive, along with the fixed costs of flying most freight it makes it difficult to give employees what they want. That's the reality no one seems to want to face.

Gone fishin

Fed ex has been through recessions , no ?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Maybe I'll get into the Bacha's Buy Here, Pay Here Academy. "If no one else trusts you, I will! I just want to sell a route and make a friend."

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Much easier, smarter, and more effective to lay people off.

MAKAVELI

But businesses don't exist to pay everyone well and provide benefits. Businesses offer such things to attract people who can help them make money. Because package delivery nationwide requires a large amount of people and competition requires holding the line on prices to be competitive, along with the fixed costs of flying most freight it makes it difficult to give employees what they want. That's the reality no one seems to want to face.
If businesses want quality workers, they have no choice but to be competitive.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And somehow, you seem to believe that a union would demand the same pay that UPS pays. That's incorrect, and tunnel visioned regarding your entire employment package. An employment contract would go a long way to push back at bad management. Rate of pay is only one aspect.

vantexan

And somehow, you seem to believe that a union would demand the same pay that UPS pays. That's incorrect, and tunnel visioned regarding your entire employment package. An employment contract would go a long way to push back at bad management. Rate of pay is only one aspect.
I agree with you 100% but the line of reasoning here is that a union would give pay and benefits comparable to UPS and the only thing keeping that from happening is a lack of a union because FedEx has plenty of money to do so.