Borrowed from another hub

PT Car Washer

No was just told that air drivers are no longer allowed to deliver ground.... problem bein we have almost everybody on 9.5 list so it’s not like they can cut routes and load everybody up because that’s triple time then
The company has cut off all air drivers from delivering ground at my building also. Even if it means letting a route sit for the day. My local does not allow PT ground drivers. I doubt if this decision was made at your building level. Much easier to let an experienced air driver run a route than training some new guy for the day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am an air driver at a relatively small hub up north. We are always short staffed have been for years so when we are out of RPCD drivers and cover drivers they always use us ( there’s 3 of us) as third string quarterbacks per say this has been going on for 10 years ... that all ended a few weeks ago and now they brought in other part time non air drivers from a neighboring facility. My question is do I have a legitimate grievance for them using drivers that don’t even work in my hub and if not then wtf lol! I’m standing to lose tens of thousands of dollars this year if they are allowed to do that

Your grievance would be for "past practice" and "maintenance of standards."

What probably happened was.... someone noticed they were paying you top (pkg) rate as an air driver and ended it.

The company should only use PT air drivers to deliver ground in emergency's or to avoid supervisors working.

The company should have put on more full-time drivers.

11.19igrad

Took the job for benefits wanted guaranteed hours part time relief drivers are not guaranteed anything at my hub
so u only want the benefits. dont want to drive full time, but do want to drive ground so u can make tens of more thousands?

what would u normally be doing to earn these tens of thousands you are afraid of losing?

11.19igrad

Moral of the story is if the company is allowed to bring in drivers from other buildings when they have people in their own building that have been doing the job we are in deep .... where does it end will they be having other centers covering late pick ups and give everybody 40 hours? The obvious answer is our building needs To hire more drivers but I think we are on a hiring freeze right now and what they are doing is complete bull crap
everything on earth except
my cat and ... actually

earth
is
good

because cats and pasta

and booze

i work overnight

dont be mad

live a lil hon

542thruNthru

Point being these guys that they are bringing in are not even employed in my building how can that be right?
Driver's are loaned out all the time to other buildings.

What's upsetting you really is that you want to be a PT air driver and make top rate doing the easy stuff with none of the real pressures of a real route driver.

You have 20 years seniority so I'm sure you had ample opportunities to become a FT driver and make top rate. Now the company has decided to stop violating Article 40 so you've lost your gravy train. My suggestion to you is go FT driving and you want have these issues.

PT Car Washer

Driver's are loaned out all the time to other buildings.

What's upsetting you really is that you want to be a PT air driver and make top rate doing the easy stuff with none of the real pressures of a real route driver.

You have 20 years seniority so I'm sure you had ample opportunities to become a FT driver and make top rate. Now the company has decided to stop violating Article 40 so you've lost your gravy train. My suggestion to you is go FT driving and you want have these issues.
Eliminate Art 40 and the language that allows PT ground drivers in the next contract and you won't have these issues.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
You're an air driver working out of classification. They have every right to use drivers from neighboring centers over you to avoid paying what the contract defines as a penalty.

What you and @PT Car Washer have lived is a pipe dream that's going by the wayside.

I just view air driving as the one of the best PT jobs out there. Hell, at top rate where I am I could live on those 16 hours a week.

Sporhwhore

Some of my criticism is deserved but I just can’t believe building seniority doesn’t prevail... thank for the input

WTFm8

Go the other route on this, file a grievance to make sure they’re paying the drivers from other centers the mileage difference.

Here if they ask a lower driver to work at another center they are to pay mileage difference.

If they need to take a package car, they report to their domicile building then clock in and drive to the center, load up, deliver, then head back to send any pickups/sendagains, then back do domicile all on the clock.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
At one point that borrowed nearly-brand-new 22.4 drivers for work in other centers but that practice quickly stopped for reasons we can all surmise but never say out loud.
They went back and are using air drivers "voluntarily" to fill shortages. They still never do actual air runs.
I declined air driving for this very reason. They need to butt cheek up and get more FT people in the roster and promote last year's 22.4s to regular drivers.