Borrowed from another hub

PT Car Washer

You're an air driver working out of classification. They have every right to use drivers from neighboring centers over you to avoid paying what the contract defines as a penalty.

What you and @PT Car Washer have lived is a pipe dream that's going by the wayside.

I just view air driving as the one of the best PT jobs out there. Hell, at top rate where I am I could live on those 16 hours a week.
You could be right. At least for now. Wait and see what happens when driver vacations kick in and the PT drivers from the other Centers are needed in their building. Won't be able to EC an entire route because of "weather".

UPSER1987

I am an air driver at a relatively small hub up north. We are always short staffed have been for years so when we are out of RPCD drivers and cover drivers they always use us ( there’s 3 of us) as third string quarterbacks per say this has been going on for 10 years ... that all ended a few weeks ago and now they brought in other part time non air drivers from a neighboring facility. My question is do I have a legitimate grievance for them using drivers that don’t even work in my hub and if not then wtf lol! I’m standing to lose tens of thousands of dollars this year if they are allowed to do that
Go FT driving. Problem solved.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Article 40 trumps everything actually and I believe it says air driver's can not deliver ground.

Without knowing what classification this PT driver is I don't think we can give a accurate answer. Something tells me he's a PT cover driver of sorts.
Part timer

Brown Wing

Sandbagger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200928-120834_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200928-120834_Drive.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 78

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Exactly- if you actually read it nowhere does it discuss the delivery of packages. Which is why I asked him to quote the language he was referring to.

(7) Air drivers may, on an exception basis, be used to make service on packages which are not air packages.

Any violation of Section 1(a) (7), shall obligate the Employer to pay the Air Driver involved the difference between his/her rate of pay and the top regular package car driver wage rate existing at that building. Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be referred directly to the National Air Committee.

If this is the language you are referring to.... that is talking about pick-up of non-air pkgs.

But, it's all ready been determined through the grievance procedure that delivery of ground pkgs by air drivers

in an emergency situation or in lieu of supervisors working is acceptable, with the appropriate rate of pay.

Big Union Guys.... learn about these things at the buffet.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

PT Car Washer

(7) Air drivers may, on an exception basis, be used to make service on packages which are not air packages.

Any violation of Section 1(a) (7), shall obligate the Employer to pay the Air Driver involved the difference between his/her rate of pay and the top regular package car driver wage rate existing at that building. Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be referred directly to the National Air Committee.

If this is the language you are referring to.... that is talking about pick-up of non-air pkgs.

But, it's all ready been determined through the grievance procedure that delivery of ground pkgs by air drivers

in an emergency situation or in lieu of supervisors working is acceptable, with the appropriate rate of pay.

Big Union Guys.... learn about these things at the buffet.

:biggrin:

-Bug-
This has been the accepted practice for over 25 years. At least in my Local.