Central supplement

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I abhor pettiness....thats not leadership....I suggest...obtain the gallons of fuel to top off and the rate of flow of the pump...get the yielded pump time for the minimum time and then add the other time used to do the job...

Not sure what you’re saying here. “Rate of flow of the pump” and “yielded pump time”?

You’ve given this more thought than I ever have.

And I’m guessing your hate of pettiness is directed my manager? Yeah, he was only petty on his good days.

Egregious would be be a more accurate word for him.

He knew the warning letter was BS. He didnt even have the stones to give it to me himself. He had an on-road sup give it to me. And that guy couldn’t explain to me how I lacked a sense urgency. This was as much about history as anything else.

I knew they were watching and I did everything by the methods.

We have all dealt with managers like this. Thankfully, this guy is long gone now.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I abhor pettiness....thats not leadership....I suggest...obtain the gallons of fuel to top off and the rate of flow of the pump...get the yielded pump time for the minimum time and then add the other time used to do the job...

I didn't know there was going to be a math test on this site. :)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I didn't know there was going to be a math test on this site. :)

Q: If a RPCD leaves the building at 9:00 am with 18 air stops, and is told a EAM driver (who is

40 minutes from his route) will meet him to help with the excess.... how many late air will

there be, and what time should he take lunch ?

A: It's the company's problem if they're late.... and lunch is at the usual time.

Future

Victory Ride
Q: If a RPCD leaves the building at 9:00 am with 18 air stops, and is told a EAM driver (who is

40 minutes from his route) will meet him to help with the excess.... how many late air will

there be, and what time should he take lunch ?

A: It's the company's problem if they're late.... and lunch is at the usual time.
R you promoting this contract?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
R you promoting this contract?

If you have been paying attention, I haven't taken a stance.

I'm neutral at this point, for a couple reasons.

1) I want to see and hear the results of the 2-man committee.

2) I need clarification on a few things, myself.

3) I have an absolute lack of faith in the members.... to even bother to vote.

If their comes a point in time, I'll start a separate thread about it.... with the reasons why.

(with more of an emphasis on #3)

-Bug-

Future

Victory Ride
If you have been paying attention, I haven't taken a stance.

I'm neutral at this point, for a couple reasons.

1) I want to see and hear the results of the 2-man committee.

2) I need clarification on a few things, myself.

If their comes a point in time, I'll start a separate thread about it.... with the reasons why.

-Bug-
Don’t promote this .. you have a last chance

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Going from threatening me, to profanity.... all in a couple posts.

Do some good ..and promote the younger people’s knowledge

Just cause they have a "smart phone".... doesn't make them smart.

Their knowledge of the IBT and the UPS is derived from the internet, and people that are

politically posturing. If they want to make a difference, work your way up.... old school.

There are no "participation trophies" in being a Teamster.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

-Bug-
The reciprocal is also true. Some people have a lack of faith that their vote will mean anything.

I heard it from the soon to retire members more than once...

"It doesnt matter what you want. It's about what the union leadership wants."

Where did they get that attitide?
There's a myriad of variables attached to that statement but unless stewards think it matters and pushes people to vote apathy and disbelief will still be present.

Just my observation over 20+ yrs.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
There is drinking, but that is after negotiations and never before 5 o'clock.

What "negotiations?" Negotiations implies give and take from both sides. From the cheap seats it looks as if The company said, "this" and the union said, "um ok."

542thruNthru

Apparently not every where. Seriously who agrees to this?

IMG_5886.PNG