Central,Western PA and 243 count today

bowhnterdon

I’d like language added somewhere in the constitution that a member that does not vote forfeits any and all retro money that may be due said member.
I hear ya, but really, in the end does it matter? It is very clear the IBT doesn’t recognize the members votes. What can you possibly say to someone in 243 or Western Pa that voted no??

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I hear ya, but really, in the end does it matter? It is very clear the IBT doesn’t recognize the members votes. What can you possibly say to someone in 243 or Western Pa that voted no??
Easier to crush a Local or two, than the National if the required voting had been done. But I understand your point.
So in the end there is no point in voting
We can’t just give up though.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Easier to crush a Local or two, than the National if the required voting had been done. But I understand your point.

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not an option.

Collective bargaining may be the only true vestige left from the glory days of the middle class....and our only path back from corporate greed and governmental corruption.

Let's take a moment to lick our wounds (again), dust ourselves off, and take out the trash at the next available opportunity.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

i agree but if they just keep forcing it through how can you blame people for not voting, it is all about union dues

Superteeth2478

So our former local president put this on Facebook, is this true?
View attachment 238992
Is this...real life? I was treating TDU's statement as suspect because it was so patently ridiculous, but really?

Clearly if this is true Hawfa and Traitor don't give a crap about being voted out. They surely knew that was going to be the end result of these actions. Replacing them with better leadership is all good and dandy, but they need to be punished for these actions to make up for the huge bribe they must have been given to impose contracts that were voted down by such a huge margin.

F

Frankie's Friend

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not an option.

Collective bargaining may be the only true vestige left from the glory days of the middle class....and our only path back from corporate greed and governmental corruption.

Let's take a moment to lick our wounds (again), dust ourselves off, and take out the trash at the next available opportunity.
I cant wait to see the headlines in the next Teamster magazine promoting organizing.

"The workers voices will be heard!!!".

Beating of the fist on top of the podium and screaming obscenities at the Tea Party and Republicans will follow.

Meanwhile, the apathy turns into hate and the 13 members who attend the local meetings in "imposed" locals find something else to do that day.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
This whole situation is very reminiscent of 5 years ago for some strange reason. At least the newbs will all have their retro checks sooner than later now.
We will see if the board agrees with these nimrods on imposing a contract on 96% and 88% NO votes.

BigBrown87

Hey @BigUnionGuy do you agree with the news that Hoffa and Taylor are going to impose the contracts even with the 2/3rds rule being met on these remaining supplements? Even going to use the excuse their demands are unobtainable even though the contract offer in October was better then the current offer! Just would like to get your insight since you seem to be more old guard then anything else.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey @BigUnionGuy do you agree with the news that Hoffa and Taylor are going to impose the contracts even with the 2/3rds rule being met on these remaining supplements? Even going to use the excuse their demands are unobtainable even though the contract offer in October was better then the current offer! Just would like to get your insight since you seem to be more old guard then anything else.
it is a done deal

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Still have to go to the board and ask to change the IBT constitution in order to officially go through so I dont know what will be the outcome until then.
What part of the Constitution did the General Eboard change last time....in 2104 when they imposed 3 supplements?

I can't find it....

BigBrown87

What part of the Constitution did the General Eboard change last time....in 2104 when they imposed 3 supplements?

I can't find it....
Good question cant answer that because I'm assuming nothing was changed back in 2014. Just seems like nobody held Hoffa to the fire last time compared to this go around.