Central,Western PA and 243 count today

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Good question cant answer that because I'm assuming nothing was changed back in 2014. Just seems like nobody held Hoffa to the fire last time compared to this go around.
What part of the Constitution did the General Eboard change last time....in 2104 when they imposed 3 supplements?

I can't find it....
Can the General Eboard block the imposing of the supplements through IBT constitution?

BiggieBrown

My question for BuG is why should anyone ever vote? If the national is going to impose every contract after two contract offers no matter how poorly it does each time it’s voted on what is the point?

They have to impose it because otherwise you hysterical cry babies would never pass another contract ever again.
Cooler heads prevailed.

Inthegame

Still have to go to the board and ask to change the IBT constitution in order to officially go through so I dont know what will be the outcome until then.
Wrong.
Hey @BigUnionGuy do you agree with the news that Hoffa and Taylor are going to impose the contracts even with the 2/3rds rule being met on these remaining supplements?
Wrong.
What part of the Constitution did the General Eboard change last time....in 2104 when they imposed 3 supplements?

I can't find it....
You won't as it exists only in some imaginations.

Superteeth2478

I can't find it....
They didn't actually change any language. The specific language they used allowed them to add language to the IBT Constitution. They are able to amend, delete, or add to Article XII as per Section 6.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some interesting thoughts to ponder....

53633623_454502021957877_8732576314235551744_n.jpg

Superteeth2478

Some interesting thoughts to ponder....

53633623_454502021957877_8732576314235551744_n.jpg
I might be wrong, but I don't think James Hoffa would be happy with his son ignoring the wishes of the membership and shoving contracts up our collective asses. Especially when it's by invoking a "God Mode" provision in the IBT Constitution to twist the situation in a manner that hardly disguises the true motives for doing so. And especially when a super-majority of the membership in two areas voted NO. The voices of the membership are almost unanimous.

And that's what I mean when I say politics really screw people up sometimes. Is Hawfa your God, BUG? Can he and his Old Guard literally do NOTHING wrong?

For what it's worth, although I've oftentimes disagreed with you (both in this incarnation as Superteeth2478 and in the past as turdburglar), I've always respected that you were knowledgeable and oftentimes helped uninformed people on this site. But agreeing with what's potentially going to happen with these last two holdout supplements is a new low for you (after refusing to criticize Betty Rose Fischer for her actions against Rob Atkinson). But your logic is so clouded by your political affiliations that you don't deserve any respect anymore, at least not from me.

Last edited:

Superteeth2478

What language was "added"?
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...401/Article%20XII%20resolution.pdf?1434374401

Whereas, the recent contract negotiations with UPS revealed a situation that is not addressed by the ratification processes set forth in Article XII of the International Constitution and was not contemplated at the time that provision was amended in 2001, and Whereas, the current negotiations with UPS are deadlocked as a result of the rejection of two supplements and a rider by the affected members, and Whereas, the national master agreement and all of the other supplements and riders have been approved by votes of the affected members constituting 95% of the overall bargaining unit, and Whereas, the National Negotiating Committee convened a meeting on March 4, 2014, with representatives of the Western Pennsylvania Supplement, Local 623 Supplement and Local 89 Air Rider negotiating committees to provide assistance as contemplated by Article XII, Section 2(b) and to ascertain the remaining issues in dispute, and Whereas, the chairpersons of each of the negotiating committees expressed the view that the members would never ratify the supplement or rider because of their dissatisfaction with a provision in the ratified master agreement, and Whereas, the members of the master negotiating committee then solicited the views of each member of the supplemental or rider negotiating committee as to the issues preventing ratification and each member confirmed that their members would not ratify their supplement or rider even if UPS conceded on every disputed supplementary or rider issue, and, Whereas, none of the members in the overall bargaining unit have received the wage increases, benefits and language improvements that were negotiated in 2013 as a result of the refusal of the members covered by the two supplements and rider to accept provisions in the master agreement that have been accepted by the overwhelming majority of the bargaining unit, and Whereas, Article XII, Section 6 of the International Constitution provides that “the General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies”, and Whereas, the national negotiating committee has informed the General Executive Board that there are no further actions that it can take to achieve the ratification of the two supplements and rider and that UPS has made its final offers to those members, and Whereas, this impasse cannot be resolved based upon the current language of the Constitution regarding ratification of master agreements, resulting in the indefinite depravation (sic) of the members who voted in favor of the benefits in the 2013 contract and depriving health and welfare and benefit funds of additional contributions which are necessary to pay ongoing benefits to active members and retirees, Therefore, be it resolved that the General Executive Board exercise its authority to amend Article XII, Section 2(b) by adding the following paragraph in the middle of page 94: Notwithstanding the above, in the event the master agreement has been approved pursuant to the provisions of this Article, but the members covered by a supplement or rider do not approve the employer’s last, best and final offer, as determined by the master negotiating committee, and the supplemental or rider negotiating committee reports that the members have rejected the supplement or rider because of a provision in the ratified master agreement, then the master negotiating committee shall have the authority to declare the master agreement and all supplements and riders to be in effect.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/teamstersforademocraticunion/pages/8300/attachments/original/1434374401/Article%20XII%20resolution.pdf?1434374401

Whereas, the recent contract negotiations with UPS revealed a situation that is not addressed by the ratification processes set forth in Article XII of the International Constitution and was not contemplated at the time that provision was amended in 2001, and Whereas, the current negotiations with UPS are deadlocked as a result of the rejection of two supplements and a rider by the affected members, and Whereas, the national master agreement and all of the other supplements and riders have been approved by votes of the affected members constituting 95% of the overall bargaining unit, and Whereas, the National Negotiating Committee convened a meeting on March 4, 2014, with representatives of the Western Pennsylvania Supplement, Local 623 Supplement and Local 89 Air Rider negotiating committees to provide assistance as contemplated by Article XII, Section 2(b) and to ascertain the remaining issues in dispute, and Whereas, the chairpersons of each of the negotiating committees expressed the view that the members would never ratify the supplement or rider because of their dissatisfaction with a provision in the ratified master agreement, and Whereas, the members of the master negotiating committee then solicited the views of each member of the supplemental or rider negotiating committee as to the issues preventing ratification and each member confirmed that their members would not ratify their supplement or rider even if UPS conceded on every disputed supplementary or rider issue, and, Whereas, none of the members in the overall bargaining unit have received the wage increases, benefits and language improvements that were negotiated in 2013 as a result of the refusal of the members covered by the two supplements and rider to accept provisions in the master agreement that have been accepted by the overwhelming majority of the bargaining unit, and Whereas, Article XII, Section 6 of the International Constitution provides that “the General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies”, and Whereas, the national negotiating committee has informed the General Executive Board that there are no further actions that it can take to achieve the ratification of the two supplements and rider and that UPS has made its final offers to those members, and Whereas, this impasse cannot be resolved based upon the current language of the Constitution regarding ratification of master agreements, resulting in the indefinite depravation (sic) of the members who voted in favor of the benefits in the 2013 contract and depriving health and welfare and benefit funds of additional contributions which are necessary to pay ongoing benefits to active members and retirees, Therefore, be it resolved that the General Executive Board exercise its authority to amend Article XII, Section 2(b) by adding the following paragraph in the middle of page 94: Notwithstanding the above, in the event the master agreement has been approved pursuant to the provisions of this Article, but the members covered by a supplement or rider do not approve the employer’s last, best and final offer, as determined by the master negotiating committee, and the supplemental or rider negotiating committee reports that the members have rejected the supplement or rider because of a provision in the ratified master agreement, then the master negotiating committee shall have the authority to declare the master agreement and all supplements and riders to be in effect.
What page # is that on?

Superteeth2478

What page # is that on?
Apparently it was added to the middle of page 94, amending Article XII, Section 2(b).

Rather, not all of that bull:censored2: justifying what was done (that's the resolution), but the language "Notwithstanding the above, in the event the master agreement has been approved pursuant to the provisions of this Article, but the members covered by a supplement or rider do not approve the employer’s last, best and final offer, as determined by the master negotiating committee, and the supplemental or rider negotiating committee reports that the members have rejected the supplement or rider because of a provision in the ratified master agreement, then the master negotiating committee shall have the authority to declare the master agreement and all supplements and riders to be in effect."

What'dyabringmetoday???

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not an option.

Collective bargaining may be the only true vestige left from the glory days of the middle class....and our only path back from corporate greed and governmental corruption.

Let's take a moment to lick our wounds (again), dust ourselves off, and take out the trash at the next available opportunity.
I hope Big Union Man....doesn't see this. Lol.

Superteeth2478

I hope Big Union Man....doesn't see this. Lol.
"Big Union Man" did see that. "Big Union Man" quite literally thinks that Hawfa and his "leadership" can do no wrong. "Big Union Man" thinks it's okay for Hawfa and his leadership to circumvent the "worrisome" issue of actually having to negotiate a fair contract for the membership that pays his way (and actually voted him into office several times) by making up another bull:censored2: reason to throw into a General Executive Board resolution to impose the supplementals that were voted down almost unanimously. "Big Union Man" is irrelevant.