Central,Western PA and 243 count today

Superteeth2478

I'm going to start selling the wrist bands that have WWJHD on them.

What Would Jimmy Hoffa Do

After all.... he was the only real IBT President.
So you acknowledge that James P. Hoffa is a sellout? Because he sure as hell isn't a real president. And you damn well know that Jimmy Hoffa wouldn't agree with what his son is doing. That's not compromise. That's flat out ignoring the members' wishes. His father wouldn't want that, and you know it.

Stupid question. You worship James P. Hoffa. In your mind, he's probably the only real IBT president.

Last edited:

What'dyabringmetoday???

"Big Union Man" did see that. "Big Union Man" quite literally thinks that Hawfa and his "leadership" can do no wrong. "Big Union Man" thinks it's okay for Hawfa and his leadership to circumvent the "worrisome" issue of actually having to negotiate a fair contract for the membership that pays his way (and actually voted him into office several times) by making up another bull:censored2: reason to throw into a General Executive Board resolution to impose the supplementals that were voted down almost unanimously. "Big Union Man" is irrelevant.
I hope Big Union Man....doesn't see this. Lol.

Superteeth2478

You know what, I think this time they may do it a little differently. First the GEB may say something like "Oh no, looks like we're going to have to shove these supplementals up your asses because we can't make it better for you guys, sorry". Then they may say "Oh, well we did go backwards for this Western PA supplemental agreement, how about we just stick that one up your asses instead of the worse one that you guys voted down by 96%, it'll hurt a little less". Then Hawfa becomes the hero and everyone goes along on their merry business.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You haven't been a member here long enough, for me to know who you are.
Doesn’t matter, you answer posts that call out our Union with ambiguous quotes with underlying support for all decisions made as the right thing for the members. Or you just blatantly call out members as not doing enough to engage in the Union, as if everyone should be down at the hall everyday instead of performing their FT Union job.

Superteeth2478

You're going to have to be more specific.
You know what's funny? In the past, I would actually go out of my way to prove my point by going back and quoting all the posts I've directed at you that you either ignored entirely or sidetracked without directly addressing my argument/counterargument. Now...well, you're irrelevant, like I said a little while ago. While I'm sure my opinion of your relevance matters nothing to you, anyone can see that your political affiliations truly do cloud your ability to think logically. You can't even criticize blatant violations of the IBT Constitution when they're done by Hawfa and his Old Guard. So I'm not going to bother with proving my point to you.

Superteeth2478

Doesn’t matter, you answer posts that call out our Union with ambiguous quotes with underlying support for all decisions made as the right thing for the members. Or you just blatantly call out members as not doing enough to engage in the Union, as if everyone should be down at the hall everyday instead of performing their FT Union job.
See what I mean? I'm sure that TONS more members, veterans and newbies alike, see right through you BUG. I'm not the only one. You're just a puppet for Hawfa.

CoffeeStainedUniform

The "Vote No" materials I saw from the 243 website seemed to center primarily around protections from 22.4 drivers. While I admit that 22.4 drivers is a harmful job position to most members, fighting them in a suppliment clearly tries to negate the master.

I wish the leadership of those commitees had bargained for more attainable goals. UPS knows that fighting them on 22.4 gave them the leverage to push a garbage suppliment and call it their final offer.

bowhnterdon

According to a member in K Hall’s Local,Hall has asked if he could intervene and try to reach an Agreement without forcing the Supplements. If it is true, that would be interesting to say the least. The Member claims Hall said this to a group of 4 after their regular meeting. True? Don’t know for sure...

Superteeth2478

The "Vote No" materials I saw from the 243 website seemed to center primarily around protections from 22.4 drivers. While I admit that 22.4 drivers is a harmful job position to most members, fighting them in a suppliment clearly tries to negate the master.

I wish the leadership of those commitees had bargained for more attainable goals. UPS knows that fighting them on 22.4 gave them the leverage to push a garbage suppliment and call it their final offer.
It's not even accurate to say they were trying to "fight" 22.4 language. They were trying to get clarification on how 22.4 positions would affect current RPCDs. The whole point of supplemental language is to address shortcomings in the NMA, anyways. Better provisions in supplemental agreements always apply unless there is language in the NMA that allows it to supersede supplemental language. What's the point of supplemental agreements if they don't have better language, then?

Superteeth2478

According to a member in K Hall’s Local,Hall has asked if he could intervene and try to reach an Agreement without forcing the Supplements. If it is true, that would be interesting to say the least. The Member claims Hall said this to a group of 4 after their regular meeting. True? Don’t know for sure...
If that's true, I called it (sort of). It's a political play. Hall will become the hero after adding some :censored2:ty language that's preferable to the crap being shoved up their asses and UPS will "reluctantly" agree to it.
You know what, I think this time they may do it a little differently. First the GEB may say something like "Oh no, looks like we're going to have to shove these supplementals up your asses because we can't make it better for you guys, sorry". Then they may say "Oh, well we did go backwards for this Western PA supplemental agreement, how about we just stick that one up your asses instead of the worse one that you guys voted down by 96%, it'll hurt a little less". Then Hawfa becomes the hero and everyone goes along on their merry business.

Superteeth2478

Regional specific issues. COL raises. Local labor laws, etc.

The 22.4 was a way for UPS to save on the RPCD position. They don't want to "clarify" away the ability to lay off RPCD on M&T.
The membership thought that was a relevant issue. They wanted that clarification. It's the local's job to address the needs of the membership. It's a very legitimate concern. There are plenty of topics that the NMA doesn't speak on except for in a general manner.

So the locals shouldn't fight for better language in the supplementals if the issue is contentious? That sounds like pusillanimous behavior.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know what's funny? In the past, I would actually go out of my way to prove my point by going back and quoting all the posts I've directed at you that you either ignored entirely or sidetracked without directly addressing my argument/counterargument.

If you can't remember, that's OK.

You can't even criticize blatant violations of the IBT Constitution when they're done by Hawfa and his Old Guard.

Name a few.

It can't be that hard....

That sounds like pusillanimous behavior.

What do you think UPS's opinion of the Union employee's is ?

Superteeth2478

If you can't remember, that's OK.

Name a few.

It can't be that hard....

What do you think UPS's opinion of the Union employee's is ?
Are you kidding? Just the most recent one is where you post a picture of James R. Hoffa's quote (which is irrelevant in this situation, and NOT what James R. Hoffa had in mind when saying it) in response to supplementals being jammed up the voting membership's asses...more and more evidence is pointing to that rumor being true, and that's all you have to say about it? As if this is a "time for agreement"? As if UPS being at it's most profitable point in history and having offered a WORSE agreement to be put to the vote is something that the membership should look at and say "This is a time for compromise, a time for agreement?"

And I knew you would take my unwillingness to go back and quote all the times you've ignored me or sidetracked the conversation when you had no legitimate arguments as evidence that it never happened...but like I said, I'm not the only one who has noticed that.

And UPS's opinion of the union employees that voted NO shouldn't be that they're pusillanimous. But UPS's opinion of the negotiating committees and Teamster "leadership" that is accepting bribes for being sellouts surely can't be good...

Last edited: