Classic FedEx Incident

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So no or religions are true faithful believers? or are all others "false Gods"

If you talk to a hard-core evangelical Christian, they don't even like Catholics, whom they consider faux Christians. As far as the other religions, they are going straight to Hell and are all false.

My wife is Catholic, and my evangelical neighbor was always telling me to get rid of her and find a "good" Christian. This guy came to Christ through the back door of alcoholism and spousal abuse, and he was basically a really nice guy, but the intolerance always bothered me.

Oh, and he got his "proof" of God when he levitated during a service, as in literally levitating on the ground on his back. Of course, I asked him to demonstrate this for me so I could also have proof. Ummm...no. Can't do it today.

Loving, accepting, and tolerant.

Last edited:

vantexan

You must be joking.
If you practice Christianity to the best of your ability you aren't murdering, robbing, committing fraud, cheating on your spouse, physically abusing your spouse or children, emotionally abusing them either, lying, stealing and numerous other things. No one is perfect, and many are Christian in name only. But that's the point, they aren't practicing Christianity to the best of their ability. Gets so where a nonbeliever starts believing Christianity is a bad thing. I have known people who were so decent I was amazed by them and admire them greatly. As far as other religions, many have tenets I don't accept. As far as Christianity vs Islam, Jesus never told his followers to fight in his name. A significant percentage of Muslims do fight to advance Islam because Mohammad told them to. And it's not just against Christians, but everywhere. Right now China has about a million Uighurs in what are essentially concentration camps. A lot of outcry against that but terrorist acts committed by Muslims in China are way down. Shame it came to that.

It will be fine

If you practice Christianity to the best of your ability you aren't murdering, robbing, committing fraud, cheating on your spouse, physically abusing your spouse or children, emotionally abusing them either, lying, stealing and numerous other things. No one is perfect, and many are Christian in name only. But that's the point, they aren't practicing Christianity to the best of their ability. Gets so where a nonbeliever starts believing Christianity is a bad thing. I have known people who were so decent I was amazed by them and admire them greatly. As far as other religions, many have tenets I don't accept. As far as Christianity vs Islam, Jesus never told his followers to fight in his name. A significant percentage of Muslims do fight to advance Islam because Mohammad told them to. And it's not just against Christians, but everywhere. Right now China has about a million Uighurs in what are essentially concentration camps. A lot of outcry against that but terrorist acts committed by Muslims in China are way down. Shame it came to that.
Bold stance coming out in favor of ethnic cleansing by an authoritarian government. Christian values, lol.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you practice Christianity to the best of your ability you aren't murdering, robbing, committing fraud, cheating on your spouse, physically abusing your spouse or children, emotionally abusing them either, lying, stealing and numerous other things. No one is perfect, and many are Christian in name only. But that's the point, they aren't practicing Christianity to the best of their ability. Gets so where a nonbeliever starts believing Christianity is a bad thing.
rubbish

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I invite others to share theirs. One of my personal favorites is walking into the senior manager's office and finding him banging the sales rep on his desk. I never said anything, but both always treated me very well thereafter. I also got the opportunity to have my way with the sales rep, who was quite attractive.

I banged plenty of women on my lunch hour whom I had met delivering. It was always great to wake some attractive lady up, or have her rush out of the shower to sign for her package.

Here's another one. The day of my interview I was ushered into the senior's office where there was an open Courier-Pak sitting on his desk with a massive brick of hashish inside. One corner of the wrapping was opened, and as I sat down he broke off some and offered it to me. I declined, because I don't do drugs and also because I figured it was some sort of character test. It wasn't. Real hash, and the SM, about 20 employees and all of the managers were neck-deep in a drug ring.

Anyone ever hear of the Super Bowl ticket thefts? Gold and jewelry thefts? Electronics "warehouses" in employee garages? Tossing phones, drugs, and other valuables over the fence at ramps to accomplices on the other side?

Sex in vans? Never. Fights, drunk employees, pervs, stalkers, major drug dealers...it goes on and on.

So many stories. All true. Anyone who was around for a long time absolutely knew high value packages and could easily identify them, especially those who did FO or retail routes.

"Hazmat" was often used as a way to ship precious metals in solution.

Theft, sex, and all around bad behavior all over the place.

"It's ridiculous. MF is an agenda-driven liar, and agenda-driven liars are silly with a flair for the dramatic. Had he said that management was notified but didn't do anything then ok, maybe he's telling the truth or maybe he's not. But "ALL I SMELL IS COFFEE" and threats of warning letters for fear that the sort might not go down on time? LOL. Toss it in the folder with all the other tall tales."

"In my 10 years reading thousands of posts from hundreds of posters in this forum, only one poster had such crazy stories to tell. How come the crazy stories only happen to you and/or your colleagues?"

"Of course you're telling the truth!! The only place we hear those stories is here, and the only person who tells them is you! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!"

"Any theory on why you're the only one here with all of those stories? I mean, aside from the obvious answer that we all know..."

It's funny. You're called out for always telling monumentally ridiculous tales, and for being the only one telling them, and you respond by amping it up as if it makes you look less silly, LOL!

59 Dano

Yeah, I remember the time these three little green guys flew up next to me while I was eating lunch in my truck. They wanted to swap vehicles for an hour. I thought cool, I can zip around in a flying saucer. Joy riding little bastards took off before explaining the controls and I had to sit on an undersized seat for 40 minutes hoping no cops or Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith would come along. Not as exciting as half naked women answering doors, true, but it's amazing the stories we have. On the plus side the little green guys liked my Sprinter much better than the UPS truck they stole the day before.

That's nothing.

Fred S had me personally meet with the Tennessee Titans to get his son promoted to OC. He threatened to raise their shipping rates. I was personally driven by the corporate safety guy in the gold plated Sprinter and would you believe that he didn't lift-and-cover NOT ONCE? Drove 67 MPH knowing good and well that the corporate speed limit is 65. Now, Arthur is stinking it up in TN, partly because the team is ass and partly because he sucks and he doesn't deserve the job, but I'm a Colts fan so I'm all for it.

59 Dano

Look around at the world. What concrete evidence do you see of "God" or His (for you) divine intervention? A lot of bad things happen, especially to good people, and God ain't there for them. Plagues, famines, disasters, war....on and on. No God, no peace, because there isn't one (a God).

You point out that bad things happen as proof that there is no God, as though God exists to prevent bad things. Why are you making arguments that anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of Christian theology isn't dumb enough to make?

59 Dano

If you talk to a hard-core evangelical Christian, they don't even like Catholics, whom they consider faux Christians. As far as the other religions, they are going straight to Hell and are all false.

Quite the broad brush you're painting with there.

My wife is Catholic, and my evangelical neighbor was always telling me to get rid of her and find a "good" Christian. This guy came to Christ through the back door of alcoholism and spousal abuse, and he was basically a really nice guy, but the intolerance always bothered me.

Oh, and he got his "proof" of God when he levitated during a service, as in literally levitating on the ground on his back. Of course, I asked him to demonstrate this for me so I could also have proof. Ummm...no. Can't do it today.

As I was saying about you being the only person around who has ridiculous stories, and plenty of 'em.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's it like being married to a woman whose beliefs you ridicule and mock? I'd love to ask her what it's like being married to a man who does such things. Unless, of course.... you know. ;)

You and anyone else can worship whatever fairy tale Supreme Being. My wife accepts my lack of faith and I respect her right to be a Christian and waste her time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You point out that bad things happen as proof that there is no God, as though God exists to prevent bad things. Why are you making arguments that anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of Christian theology isn't dumb enough to make?

I love it when someone who is really sick pulls through, and then God gets the credit. We prayed really hard for Joe and it worked!! Jesus is so great!!

But if Joe dies, it must have been God's will. God bless Joe and his family.

The worst are Prosperity Christians (think Trump) who believe that material prosperity is the outcome of faith and righteousness. God smiles upon the Mercedes and Porsche crowd who also have Lear Jets and yachts.

Ridiculous...all of it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The worst are Prosperity Christians (think Trump) who believe that material prosperity is the outcome of faith and righteousness. God smiles upon the Mercedes and Porsche crowd who also have Lear Jets and yachts.

Ridiculous...all of it.
this is true. Easily the most empty and shallow people and supposably religion is the vehicle to validate their behavior.