Classic FedEx Incident

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, Kenneth Copeland, Pat Robertson, Falwell Jr. etc. Most are white.

Keep being ignorant and trying to make it about race. All Con men and women who exploit Jesus for huge money.

Copeland's wife is the evil witch who tells people with cancer to forget treatment, give money, and pray harder.

Is she your favorite?

This post is great for 3 reasons.

1) You assume that there is something wrong with being wealthy and a Christian.
2) You finally found some white Christians to dislike after years of picking on poor old Creflo.
3) Your dislike of a faith system that touts BILLIONS of believers is based on TV preachers.

You're a gem.

59 Dano

So, is your problem with Christians, or Christianity?

Probably both. Considering that responsibility and accountability are major foundations of the faith, he's going to be turned off. It's not consistent with modern progressive beliefs, so that's an issue too. And the Christians, they believe that stuff and can't be forced into line with whatever secular dogma demands, so they must be ridiculed. He's told us what he thinks of the faith and he's told us what he thinks of his own wife and her adherence to it. That's plenty.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This post is great for 3 reasons.

1) You assume that there is something wrong with being wealthy and a Christian.
2) You finally found some white Christians to dislike after years of picking on poor old Creflo.
3) Your dislike of a faith system that touts BILLIONS of believers is based on TV preachers.

You're a gem.

You're a brick. Prosperity Christians are the phoniest of all, because God smiles on them with jets and fancy homes etc. Yeah, I guess Joel Osteen or my buddy Creflo are real Christians, because they have millions that they scammed from their followers and then spent it on...themselves. Jeez, don't you think that maybe they could use some of that wealth to help eradicate disease, help the poor, or point God in the right direction to help some of the Third World countries He (God) has apparently forgotten?

I said "millions" of followers, not "billions". You have again conflated one of my statements to bolster your own lies. I was referring to the number of televangelist fans, not overall Christians. Billions of people can be wrong, you know. Numbers mean nothing in pursuit of what is true. It only takes one to point out a lie.

Are you a clay brick, or a concrete brick?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, is your problem with Christians, or Christianity?[/QUOTE

I think all religions are fine, regardless of what you say I think. Worship away, and waste your time, because all religions are fake and frauds. There is no Space God or Space Goddesses out there listening to your prayers or guiding your life.

I think Christians have some fine ideas, but precious few of them seem to follow the teachings of Jesus. I like the Ten Commandments and some of the guideposts of other major religions, which are similar. They mean well, and are helpful ideas toward living a life as a solid citizen, but they aren't from God or any other supreme source.

They are from man, as is morality and everything else.

Here's one for you. If God created us, who created God? Did he just appear? And where is Heaven? Where does the universe end, or begin? And so many others. You can't answer any except by faith in a book written by man on a fraudulent premise.

You are free to believe whatever you want. We need to agree to disagree.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The irrefutable point you overlook is that, if I (and countless others) are wrong, the worst case scenario is that we’ve lived a Christian life.

If YOU’RE wrong, you missed your opportunity to share in the reward Jesus promised.

I choose Jesus.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The irrefutable point you overlook is that, if I (and countless others) are wrong, the worst case scenario is that we’ve lived a Christian life.

If YOU’RE wrong, you missed your opportunity to share in the reward Jesus promised.

I choose Jesus.

In other words, cover your bases. That sounds like deep, abiding "faith" to me.

You just described a third rate insurance policy, and you probably should have banged that hot girl when you were 17.

59 Dano

You're a brick. Prosperity Christians are the phoniest of all, because God smiles on them with jets and fancy homes etc. Yeah, I guess Joel Osteen or my buddy Creflo are real Christians, because they have millions that they scammed from their followers and then spent it on...themselves. Jeez, don't you think that maybe they could use some of that wealth to help eradicate disease, help the poor, or point God in the right direction to help some of the Third World countries He (God) has apparently forgotten?

Yet the prosperity doctrine encompasses only a tiny segment of Christians and most of the rest are highly critical of it.

I said "millions" of followers, not "billions". You have again conflated one of my statements to bolster your own lies. I was referring to the number of televangelist fans, not overall Christians. Billions of people can be wrong, you know. Numbers mean nothing in pursuit of what is true. It only takes one to point out a lie.

Are you a clay brick, or a concrete brick?

Over and over, you are critical of Christianity and when pressed, your reasons always boils down to those leaders who believe in the prosperity doctrine. You know nothing else about that faith and that particular offshoot (and your guy Creflo) is your broad brush that you use upon all the rest.

No one here is even defending that doctrine.

59 Dano

Jeez, don't you think that maybe they could use some of that wealth to help eradicate disease, help the poor, or point God in the right direction to help some of the Third World countries He (God) has apparently forgotten?

What makes you think that they don't? And the last remark shows that you don't know jack-squat about any of it.

59 Dano

In other words, cover your bases. That sounds like deep, abiding "faith" to me.

It's amazing how you can praise someone for following his faith one minute, then dismiss it as "covering [his] bases" the next! Almost as if (DARE I SAY IT) you're disingenuous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What makes you think that they don't? And the last remark shows that you don't know jack-squat about any of it.

I'm agnostic, not atheist. And when one of these jackwagons plead to their flock for a private jet upgrade, I hardly think a penny of it is going anywhere but in their pockets.

Glad you're ignorant enough to believe an uber-rich preacher could be a true man of God. Think Swaggart or Bakker. Both are still at it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's amazing how you can praise someone for following his faith one minute, then dismiss it as "covering [his] bases" the next! Almost as if (DARE I SAY IT) you're disingenuous.

He said in as may words that he was covering his bases. He can be as faithful as he wants, but it sounds like he's saying he's making sure even if Space God turns out to be non-existent.