Classic FedEx Incident

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm not the one demanding that someone shut up... and then going out of my way to respond. I bet the truth is that you're not smart enough to figure out how to use the ignore function, LOL!!!!
Oh wow man that really hurt my feelings, don't know how I'm gonna ever sleep tonight.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Where in that post did I say I read about the Crusades in the Bible? I'm interested in war history in general. I read a lot . Man , you're sharp as a bee's aase
How this thread evolved into religion is mind boggling. My two cents is this. The high estimates for the Crusades are 9 million total dead. This is in the name of gods, righteous people indeed. I grew up in Catholic school, was an alter boy , so know the book well. I don't think any god wants people killing in their name.
Next time try writing less ambiguously.

And it’s altar boy.
And a well educated Catholic knows that God is capitalized.

vantexan

Where in that post did I say I read about the Crusades in the Bible? I'm interested in war history in general. I read a lot . Man , you're sharp as a bee's aase
Did a quick Google search. Washington Post estimates 1.7 million died in the Crusades. Only about 1 in 20 Crusaders actually made it to the Holy Land. 9 million is wildly overstated. Doubt there were 9 million people in the entire Middle East then. I agree with you that no one should be killing in the name of God but let keep in mind that Muslims conquered what had been a Christian area for centuries. Those that attack Christians fighting in the Crusades often play down the constant Muslim attacks on Christendom, ultimately conquering the region and much of southern Europe with forays into Eastern Europe and Russia.

overflowed

Did a quick Google search. Washington Post estimates 1.7 million died in the Crusades. Only about 1 in 20 Crusaders actually made it to the Holy Land. 9 million is wildly overstated. Doubt there were 9 million people in the entire Middle East then. I agree with you that no one should be killing in the name of God but let keep in mind that Muslims conquered what had been a Christian area for centuries. Those that attack Christians fighting in the Crusades often play down the constant Muslim attacks on Christendom, ultimately conquering the region and much of southern Europe with forays into Eastern Europe and Russia.
From the books I read it's understated, most of the the problems with this is who was really keeping good records. Nearly 200 years of war. Also , those high figures include people dying of famine and disease. Who knows really.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That's an impressive death count. You're in Hitler and Stalin territory. Great argument.

bacha29

Goes back to the same reality. Civilizations have spent the last 8000 years destroying one another over the question of who's god is the true god and who loves him more.

vantexan

That's an impressive death count. You're in Hitler and Stalin territory. Great argument.
That includes Crusaders too. Have you ever read about the Mongols and Huns? Or the untold millions the Muslims killed, subjugated, enslaved, including much of southern Europe? We are downright civilized today compared to the brutality that went on for millennia. The difference between you and me is I give you the unvarnished truth but you like to varnish it to fit your narrative. I've said it before and will again now. Jesus never told his followers to kill in his name. Those that did weren't practicing Christianity. And judging by the slaughter of the last century I'm much more concerned about those who don't believe in God, or have an intercessor with God other than Jesus Christ than I am Christians.

bacha29

That includes Crusaders too. Have you ever read about the Mongols and Huns? Or the untold millions the Muslims killed, subjugated, enslaved, including much of southern Europe? We are downright civilized today compared to the brutality that went on for millennia. The difference between you and me is I give you the unvarnished truth but you like to varnish it to fit your narrative. I've said it before and will again now. Jesus never told his followers to kill in his name. Those that did weren't practicing Christianity. And judging by the slaughter of the last century I'm much more concerned about those who don't believe in God, or have an intercessor with God other than Jesus Christ than I am Christians.
Yes, we know what Jesus is alleged to have said on the record. What we don't know is what Jesus may said off the record regarding the matter.

bacha29

In the first 3 centuries? What wars would those be?
Religious wars. The best and often the bloodiest. Oh, and that Jesus character? There are some who think that he might have been a fictional character cooked up by Jewish scholars to serve as a imaginary spokesman for Jewish teachings.

In any event one thing is for certain. Unbiased and accurate historical accounts of what happened all those centuries ago is more than just a little hard to come by.

vantexan

Religious wars. The best and often the bloodiest. Oh, and that Jesus character? There are some who think that he might have been a fictional character cooked up by Jewish scholars to serve as a imaginary spokesman for Jewish teachings.

In any event one thing is for certain. Unbiased and accurate historical accounts of what happened all those centuries ago is more than just a little hard to come by.
History in the first three centuries after Christ's death is very well documented. Dominated by the Roman Empire. There were no religious wars involving Christians then. Persecution of Christians, yes.

Meat

...And a well educated Catholic knows that God is capitalized.

You got that right.

I’m writing a book entitled “Catholicism is for Fags: How a Group of Raping Pieces of Excrement, Who Work for a Corporate Religion, Killed God.

As you can see, I capitalized “God”.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You got that right.

I’m writing a book entitled “Catholicism is for Fags: How a Group of Raping Pieces of Excrement, Who Work for a Corporate Religion, Killed God.

As you can see, I capitalized “God”.
Let me know when you finish your book.

Were you a priest?