Contract deal soon?

badpas

Brett, I can understand if you don't believe what the apwa is offering but by not giving them their fair shake at getting their message across and then try to answer any and all questions is the same as judging a book on its cover. You say that noone has been in your area, which I find hard to believe, from the apwa so you must be making your decisions and conclusions from what you have seen on this forum. Again a book and its cover. I don't know what area your from and I'm sure you will tell me but unless you are in the further n east or n west then I would be surprised that noone has been through. But even still say its true, why don't you tell us without using the same old crap that the teamsters keep showing us {and then change the order of the comments and say its new stuff} why you think its so bad. I mean unless you are extremely closed minded or a teamster official it at the very least is quite interesting. Who would ever think we could make our own decisions or charter our own course threw the tests of time. That is exactly what the teamsters want, never to think we could survive without them. Its makes sense, so lets hear something interesting for a change instead of copying everything the teamsters have already said, lets hear something constructive or if nothing else lets hear something intelligent. Anyone can repeat something, so lets hear something better for a change. I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.

Cole

Brett they have every right to conduct the ballot elections under the NLRA, and have a few NLRB charges against the Teamsters and UPS. I don't have specifics, accept that UPS has until noon Friday to comply to I think 8 of the charges if not the NLRB will take it on up the road.

I understand your concerns, and if they come to your area, go and ask all the questions you want. I think the competition will let the Teamsters know half a_ _ negotiations aren't gping to work for us, as well as pitiful representation, we aim to get a fair pension with or without them.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Brett they have every right to conduct the ballot elections under the NLRA, and have a few NLRB charges against the Teamsters and UPS. I don't have specifics, accept that UPS has until noon Friday to comply to I think 8 of the charges if not the NLRB will take it on up the road.

I understand your concerns, and if they come to your area, go and ask all the questions you want. I think the competition will let the Teamsters know half a_ _ negotiations aren't gping to work for us, as well as pitiful representation, we aim to get a fair pension with or without them.
Cole do you really beleive that the nlrb will will smack ups on the hand over this? Ups has contributed alot of money to the republican party who has appointed the nlrb. Will not happen.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Cole, what charges?? Did I miss something here? -Rocky

Cole

Well it seems they are going to do just that from what I am hearing, but it is only word of mouth that I am hearing it at this point. I heard that the NLRB found more charges from the Affadavit than the Lawyers and are bringing the charges etc...High noon at the OK Coral;)

To be fair I don't even know what the charges are, as my kids seem to get louder when I am on the phone.:mad: I know I should have invested in those remote controlled shock collars for them:w00t:.

I'll post the results as soon as I get the info etc...Like you I want details, as anyone can say anything.
Sorry Rocky I didn't see your question when I psoted this: The APWA filed charges as a UNION a while back against a Teamster local, and a UPS center etc...I'll find out if I can post the specifics and get back to you asap.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I. Remember that ONE YEAR after the richest, greatest contract ever, we had numerous cuts to our pension and health care. We also had our out of pocket costs increase left and right with our health care. This 6 YEAR contract has been 2 years too long already. Lets hear it for a

You richest contract didn't cut your pension. The administrators mismanagement of the pension plans cut your pensions. The drain of having more employees drawing from the funds then employers paying in cut your pension plans. The affects of 9/11 and enron on the market cut your pension investments. You can not blame the pension mess on the contract that was negotiated last time. You probably need to get some fat cat management types managing your pension fund instead of good old joe down the street. Hell I don't know **** about managing investments but I had enough sense to move my 401K fund into secure investments during the lean years. Why couldn't the finance guys managing your pension fund figure that one out? You need to stop talking out of your ass and find out what really happened to your pension money.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
The teamsters did not ruin it central states did. The dot com crash, Enron debacle, as well as others like Tyco, Global Crossing, 9/11, are other huge factors. Greedy NON-PROFIT hospitals are not helping either with all their increased fees. Then again they allowed CS to hire BCBS who may be cheaper but my health care sufferd for it. If you hired someone to do your personal investing and they kept screwing it up wouldn't you fire them and move on. I am a Teamster but CS sucks!
I wonder what kind of salaries all the top dogs at CS make.

Oops looks like you changed your tune

brett636

Well it seems they are going to do just that from what I am hearing, but it is only word of mouth that I am hearing it at this point. I heard that the NLRB found more charges from the Affadavit than the Lawyers and are bringing the charges etc...High noon at the OK Coral;)

To be fair I don't even know what the charges are, as my kids seem to get louder when I am on the phone.:mad: I know I should have invested in those remote controlled shock collars for them:w00t:.

I'll post the results as soon as I get the info etc...Like you I want details, as anyone can say anything.
Sorry Rocky I didn't see your question when I psoted this: The APWA filed charges as a UNION a while back against a Teamster local, and a UPS center etc...I'll find out if I can post the specifics and get back to you asap.

Ah yes, more hearsay on how the mighty APWA is gonna save the day! Sorry, I don't believe you because you have admitted your sources are not legit. The teamsters aren't going anywhere (unfortunalty), and the APWA is a pipe dream. Get over it already.

J

JonFrum

Who specifically is to blame for the CS debacle?

You richest contract didn't cut your pension. The administrators mismanagement of the pension plans cut your pensions. The drain of having more employees drawing from the funds then employers paying in cut your pension plans. The affects of 9/11 and enron on the market cut your pension investments. You can not blame the pension mess on the contract that was negotiated last time. You probably need to get some fat cat management types managing your pension fund instead of good old joe down the street. Hell I don't know **** about managing investments but I had enough sense to move my 401K fund into secure investments during the lean years. Why couldn't the finance guys managing your pension fund figure that one out? You need to . . . find out what really happened to your pension money.

Aren't we now aware that Hoffa was told at the time that Central States was in trouble and that the contribution rate he was negotiating would not be enough?

Aren't both Central States funds run by a federal judge under seperate Consent Decrees?

Aren't Central States' assets invested by "named fiduciaries" who are major Wall Street investment companies? Not "good old joe down the street?"

Aren't half the trustees employer trustees?

Aren't all the trustees mostly just figureheads, with the real power resting with Judge Moran and the investment companies?

Aren't the funds seperate legal entities from the Teamsters Union?

Aren't the Teamsters limited to just negotiating the hourly contribution rate, and appointing the Union Trustees?

Aren't market losses something that happens to us all from time to time? Especially during a major market downturn? [Even though my 401(k) made money as well during the 2000-2002 market drop.]

30andout

Brett, you just keep on bashing the APWA, but you refuse to attend a meeting and ask the people questions that can answer them. You totally avoid any posts of why you have the mindset against them. How can you judge people that you have never met.

sawdusttv

Brett, what makes you think that anyone cares what you believe or don't beleive? You are just one loud mouthed teamster, and the majority will overwhelm you and overrule your opnion.
Your continued assumptions that all UPSers are dumb enough to continue falling for the teamsters load of crap is the very reason why the APWA exists today, and the pressure that the APWA is putting on the company and the teamsters is why we are hearing about all the big changes being proposed for 2008.

brett636

Brett, you just keep on bashing the APWA, but you refuse to attend a meeting and ask the people questions that can answer them. You totally avoid any posts of why you have the mindset against them. How can you judge people that you have never met.

Actions speak louder than words. Thats what I am judging the APWA on. I don't need to hear their BS to feel better about them.

brett636

Brett, what makes you think that anyone cares what you believe or don't beleive? You are just one loud mouthed teamster, and the majority will overwhelm you and overrule your opnion.
Your continued assumptions that all UPSers are dumb enough to continue falling for the teamsters load of crap is the very reason why the APWA exists today, and the pressure that the APWA is putting on the company and the teamsters is why we are hearing about all the big changes being proposed for 2008.

blah blah blah blah blah. I know UPSers aren't dumb enough to believe all the teamster propaganda, and I know they aren't dumb enough to vote for this farce either.

Cole

It's not hearsay, the charges are real, I wasn't implying that they were earth shattering charges against UPS. I think it is regarding a sup doing a pcm against the APWA, and supporting the Teamsters or something like that, not sure exactly, but I'll let you know for sure Friday or over the weekend.

Fair enough Brett, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see action and not words.

badpas

Re: Who specifically is to blame for the CS debacle?

Jon then tell us why only 40% of our pension dollars are being invested and why there is no penalty for not investing 100% or penalty for not investing the same funds. Or how about why our mechanics can have the same or less money invested into their funds and get 2 to 3 times what we are getting? If they can do it we should be able to do it. But it sure is funny when the IBT is asked about this they have nothing to say but its not possible. Except its been happening for along time. I quess they didn't think we would find out.

J

JonFrum

Re: Who specifically is to blame for the CS debacle?

Jon then tell us why only 40% of our pension dollars are being invested and why there is no penalty for not investing 100% or penalty for not investing the same funds. Or how about why our mechanics can have the same or less money invested into their funds and get 2 to 3 times what we are getting? If they can do it we should be able to do it. But it sure is funny when the IBT is asked about this they have nothing to say but its not possible. Except its been happening for along time. I quess they didn't think we would find out.

Badpas,

Start reading here . . .
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/ups-subsidizing-non-ups-pensions.27725/

If posssible, read the *entire* thread. (You'll need to pack a lunch.)

Cole

Correction it is hear say, as I heard Van saying it to me on the phone;) Atleast part of it, until the kids start arguing and my evil eye and hand motions didn't quite them until too late.

I'll do my best to get the info to you when I get it, as long as I get the ok.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cole....I clearly remember the "evil eye" and "hand motions". I used to be pretty good at them, but that was at a time when the phones had curly cords and they would only stretch so far. I would always run out of cord with the culprit just out of reach.

What is it with kids when the parents get on the phone?:)

Sorry to sabotage the thread.....old people have to say it or we forget it.