Contract deal soon?

sawdusttv

Brett,
This farce that you keep bashing is your fellow UPS hourlies. Every officer and member of the APWA is a UPS hourly employee. So what makes you beleive that we the hourlies want vote for our own people?

Cole

Alot of the BA's now came out of UPS, so that alone, doesn't mean they will be solid, however; I would question if the politics of the Teamsters makes them weak or what?

I feel if they are weak in the APWA, we would be able to either get them to do their jobs better, or have them removed. Maybe if we had our own union, people would get more involved.

1eyejack

Re: Who specifically is to blame for the CS debacle?

I believe that ur someones intern or just starting off your practice as a lawyer for hoffa /teamsters/ ibt ,union and have nothing else to do but write for the teamsters and be on here. And probaly being payed with our union due money ..... So what we see on the table about ups taking over and giving back the 25&30 out and a bunch of other things sounds great ... But we have heard them Words before, coming from the hoffa team that write the bylaw in the union book only to benefit them not us if they really care about the ups people and its suppose to be are contract not theres we need to hire are own lawyers and make sure it benefits us only with wording in the contract that fits us not them(teamsters) 1 thing i do say thats why I'm all for the APWA they hear the things that UPS employees want .They want the same thing back early retirements better pensions, that are 100 % funded. Healthcare that we all can afford when we retire and still work we want our pension to be paid in full when we die to be giving to our other half or are kin folks..It are money that we work hard for 20 or 30 yrs at Ups its not the teamsters money ...When will we wake up from the lies, that lie before us the teamsters know how to put them out ...We have lawyers that get the best contract for basketball players and baseball players, hockey players .. That benefits those players not the owners. Why don't we Wake up and See that the APWA is out for its employees onlys and our own retirees 1 pension for one company and its all of the hardworking people who work so hard in the rain the heat and the snow and the pressure of mangement on there back daily to get done on time ..Its not the teamsters who know they all have pencil pushing jobs that make their money off of the hard Working people at UPS.. We never have a chance with them because we can never vote in the people we want they have all they voting power to pick there people . They think we need them we don't need them at all .Its about time that someone like the APWA stood up for all its employees at Ups now we have a chance to become the NewUnion that our bothers and sisters want lets stand strong together and fight for whats ours ....Ur brother in brown fight the good fight we all deserve the best because we are the best in the Service of packaging and shipping...

badpas

Badpas,

Start reading here . . .
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/ups-subsidizing-non-ups-pensions.27725/

If posssible, read the *entire* thread. (You'll need to pack a lunch.)

Thanks Jon, I have read your posts if not all of them for they are very informative for those who don't have the time to do it. And yes I did need a lunch and then a nap{ try not to be so boring next time} Having said that, I understand the trustees were at fault and need to be changed but is that the only fix. With all the pension funds being affected for various reasons would it not be true that it is time for a change. Leaving the apwa out of this the cs article said the writing was on the wall and why was cs the only one to have these problems. It just goes to show that there are going to be some bumps in the road and that is why there is a need for change. SO even if its not the apwa doing the changing don't you think cs could also change? But for some reason they don't seem to be trying very hard, and don't tell me cutting the pension is doing everything they can to fix the problem neither is going around the country preventing misinfo because all they had were dancing chickens on a string with no answers what so ever because there's alot more than just the pension that they have to answer to but this is a start. I just hope it gets better quicker or they might miss the boat again.

J

JonFrum

I believe that ur someones intern or just starting off your practice as a lawyer for hoffa /teamsters/ ibt ,union and have nothing else to do but write for the teamsters and be on here. And probaly being payed with our union due money . . .

On the chance this is directed at me, I quote what I wrote months ago just after I started posting:

"I'm Bill Desmond. I just turned 53 years of age and have 25 years and 8 months Pension Credit. I work in the Lynnfield, Ma. building where I am in my 32nd Year of Toil for the Big Brown Empire. I have an Article 22.3 job where I carwash, park package cars, and shift in the trailer yard. I was a part-timer until the 22.3 jobs came along during the last Contract. I have been a member of Teamsters Local 42 in Lynn, Ma. since 1973. I worked for UPS during the summers of '73 and '74 while off from college, before working continuously since the summer of '75. I've subscribed to TDU's Convoy Dispatch for years. This thread is my first Internet posting."

And as I said then, I've never consulted with anyone about what I write. My thoughts are my own. I'm anti-lawyer and anti-Hoffa. I'm also on vacation now so I have more time to correct misinformation that usual.
[email protected]

sawdusttv

So we want have any politics with APWA? Is the self appointed leaders gonna pick and choose everyone?

Krash,
I know you are smarter than this post or is it just a lame attempt to bash the APWA.
Everyone knows that your so called self appointed leaders are the founders of the APWA and as soon as the APWA is voted in as our BA there will be an election for all officers including the president and VP.

Braveheart

Yeah all talk, but that's what we get when people vote for someone's name, rather than credibility from experience. He's never done your or my job, just carries his Dad's name.

How har did Hoffa go up to bat for us last contract? How hard do they go up to bat on the large scale for us?

And "Aye I shoulda remembered the rocks" (puts on best Scottish accent);)
The rocks comment classic.

Braveheart

You richest contract didn't cut your pension. The administrators mismanagement of the pension plans cut your pensions. The drain of having more employees drawing from the funds then employers paying in cut your pension plans. The affects of 9/11 and enron on the market cut your pension investments. You can not blame the pension mess on the contract that was negotiated last time. You probably need to get some fat cat management types managing your pension fund instead of good old joe down the street. Hell I don't know **** about managing investments but I had enough sense to move my 401K fund into secure investments during the lean years. Why couldn't the finance guys managing your pension fund figure that one out? You need to stop talking out of your ass and find out what really happened to your pension money.
You have to be kidding? I saw countless pension funds sue the likes of Enron and others. The unfortunate thing is having a pension and health benefits mixed together too. We are sending more money than ever from pension side over to cover health costs. I also agree that the people managing the funds helped screw it all up. Bad investments, bad coices, bad oversight, and on and on. You missed the fact that Hoffa and his boys asked for a certain amount of money for pension contributions, and a certain amount for pay raises for the workers and such. I was all for paying the part timers more since our loads depend on good workers and a stable preload work force. But I would rather have had flat 75 cent raises for the length of the contract for the full timers and moved the rest to the pension. And I would agree to that logic again this contract. You know if UPS would try a whole new approach to treating us better, we would take less in pay for better working conditions, flex time, fewer hours, etc etc and maybe allow more combo jobs that help keep costs down and allow more people to make it to retirement. I think CS sucks for its failures but I also blame Hoffa's richest, best contract ever!

Braveheart

You richest contract didn't cut your pension. The administrators mismanagement of the pension plans cut your pensions. The drain of having more employees drawing from the funds then employers paying in cut your pension plans. The affects of 9/11 and enron on the market cut your pension investments. You can not blame the pension mess on the contract that was negotiated last time. You probably need to get some fat cat management types managing your pension fund instead of good old joe down the street. Hell I don't know **** about managing investments but I had enough sense to move my 401K fund into secure investments during the lean years. Why couldn't the finance guys managing your pension fund figure that one out? You need to stop talking out of your ass and find out what really happened to your pension money.
By the way how did you know I was talking out my ass? I thought it sounded awfully muffled.

Or was that because since you are a manager you are used to being behind us as you screw us and heard my muffled cries for help.

Cole

Or was that because since you are a manager you are used to being behind us as you screw us and heard my muffled cries for help.
LOL And no reach around (from Full Metal Jacket)

Yeah the Rocks statement is classic, along with "I'll crush ya like a worrum." One of my favorite movies!

Bill

I wish you were a registered member, sir, so I could give you some rep points!! A few others on here feel the same about APWA. -Rocky
How childish of you to give rep points. Writing and telling the truth and verifying your information mean much more than rep points.

Bill

You just want to ignore the fact that the APWA is NOTa union.
I guess the IPA (International Pilots Association) is not a union either! It is good to see that the Teamsters have their propaganda machine working throughout the country, because I hear the same crap in my neck of the woods. Instead of spreading lies, why won't the Teamsters try to win over its membership by explaining what it is doing to remedy the pension and medical problems? Is it possible that the Teamsters don't know how to fix the mess they created?

T take
E everything
A away.
M mismanage,
S steal
T the
E employees
R retirement
S savings

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
How childish of you to give rep points. Writing and telling the truth and verifying your information mean much more than rep points.

Tell that to your buddy BrownDawg about verifying information. As to the truth...can you find and tell me one time I've lied on this board? And I give rep points when its deserved--positive or negative. Some of your pro-APWA counterparts--you included--are losing credibility. You can't expect us to listen when you have none! -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Krash,
I know you are smarter than this post or is it just a lame attempt to bash the APWA.
Everyone knows that your so called self appointed leaders are the founders of the APWA and as soon as the APWA is voted in as our BA there will be an election for all officers including the president and VP.
Will ups be paying for this election? How will the apwa have the funds to hold this election?

705red

Browncafe Steward
E79 maybe if you tell the truth your rep points might go up! Just be honest van i mean danny, s#$t now im confused to whos who.

sawdusttv

Will ups be paying for this election? How will the apwa have the funds to hold this election?

Well krash, maybe you are smarter than your question suggests, but it looks like 705 is not.

705, you just keep crapping this teamster waste out!

Don't you worry, the members will make sure the money is there.

705, are you a UPS employee or a banker? I know with your line of questions you also hold a second job with the IBT. All of your questions come staight off a teamster script and have been heard many times.
Furthermore, they are not honest info seeking questions but an attempt to bash the APWA!!

Your line of crap needs to be updated because you've been overcooking it for a long time.
Maybe little Hoffa can give you some new material!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!