Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
guys i listen to quite often quote govts and they also criticize govts info.

doesnt have to be one or the other, the truth can be complex.

Sure, but not that complex. I don't bother with sources I know lie, even if they tell the truth sometimes. If everyone had my standards, there would be no fake news.

rickyb

Sure, but not that complex. I don't bother with sources I know lie, even if they tell the truth sometimes. If everyone had my standards, there would be no fake news.
well that just reminds me of the fact that its important to get a variety of POV because even ppl who are mostly wrong are still right sometimes.

julian assange says the truth is concealed by complexity and secrecy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
well that just reminds me of the fact that its important to get a variety of POV because even ppl who are mostly wrong are still right sometimes.

julian assange says the truth is concealed by complexity and secrecy.

I don't mind people getting it wrong on occasion, I mind people intentionally lying.

Box Ox

me too buddy.

for example @Box Ox tried saying i was a homophobe today. i used to be

Here’s what we both said in that exchange:

trump has opened up the realm of possibilities

maybe you will get a gay president soon. it would be perfectly in line with the superficiality that comes with corrupt neoliberals.
You'd be against the US having a gay President?
if theyre corrupt and gay i wouldnt be a supporter.
Anyone to the right of Mao is corrupt to you. So you would have a problem with a gay President. Interesting.

rickyb

dad had it again and it was worse the second time

1658090879450.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I had read so many accounts of this, I was perplexed as to why there were no studies being done, and had to file it under "wait and see". But it seemed likely to me that this was an issue. People who disbelieve something because NPR tells them it's "definitely not real" need to reevaluate the way they vet the information they take in.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had read so many accounts of this, I was perplexed as to why there were no studies being done, and had to file it under "wait and see". But it seemed likely to me that this was an issue. People who disbelieve something because NPR tells them it's "definitely not real" need to reevaluate the way they vet the information they take in.
I still can’t believe people lined up for this poison. The longer I waited, the more convinced I became that it was not tested long enough and I would take my chances with the virus.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I still can’t believe people lined up for this poison. The longer I waited, the more convinced I became that it was not tested long enough and I would take my chances with the virus.

It was obvious by how quickly it was granted eua that it wasn't tested properly, and everything surrounding it was political. Politics ruins everything.