Coronavirus

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
WOW, I've never heard more fireworks being shot off since Gov Newsome shut down beaches and fireworks... lol

Full moon and Celebrations not being stop by the tyrannical government!!

You go AMERICA!!!!

floridays

WOW, I've never heard more fireworks being shot off since Gov Newsome shut down beaches and fireworks... lol

Full moon and Celebrations not being stop by the tyrannical government!!

You go AMERICA!!!!
We aren't shut down where I live but it's so hazey, smokey and the air quality sucks, I love it.
Happy Birthday America

We've never had as much either

Thx tony

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Both are spread mainly by droplets made when people with the illness (COVID-19 or flu) cough, sneeze, or talk.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Which can be stopped by covering your coughs and sneezes (with your elbow or a tissue, per CDC recommendations) and maintaining 6 ft. Again, ten rct' s over the last 70+ years all show that masks are ineffective at stopping the spread. So even if they catch large droplets, they still don't change the chance of transmitting it. What does that tell you? Large droplets are not the main vehicles for transmission. Really not that hard.

"There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Stay home when you are sick.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash."

What? No mask mention? Hmmmm...

Updated June 30th, 2020? Huh?

Last edited:

floridays

Which can be stopped by covering your coughs and sneezes (with your elbow or a tissue, per CDC recommendations) and maintaining 6 ft. Again, ten rct' s over the last 70+ years all show that masks are ineffective at stopping the spread. So even if they catch large droplets, they still don't change the chance of transmitting it. What does that tell you? Large droplets are not the main vehicles for transmission. Really not that hard.

"There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Stay home when you are sick.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash."

What? No mask mention? Hmmmm...

Updated June 30th, 2020? Huh?
You understand exactly what this "exercise" is all about.
Persevere we much (Al Sharptons words).....
.Persevere we must, ........allow the final numbers to be tallied, and exactly what population it proved to be deadly. It's all theatre as the Brits and all other fine people say, different motives and agendas are driving the response. I'm well aware of the target. Economy be damned.

It's Donald John Trump.

Wait for the box score,

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Yah, the whole lowest unemployment records were a myth. Gotcha.

Small minds can't seem very to understand that unemployment decreased at the same rate in tRump's first 3 years as it did when Obama was in office. All tRump had to do is not :censored2: it up!

Oh wait, what is the unemployment right now?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And we still doesn’t have a handle on testing six months into this pandemic.

That must be how we know there is exponential growth? There is exponential growth in the number of tests being done. Infection percentages were estimated to be 70 to 80 times higher that what was confirmed and presumed. The actual pool of infected people has always been much higher than what was known, and now that testing is taking off like a rocket, so is the number of confirmed cases.

There may not be any way to prove that it's spreading any faster than it had always been. But, if it were spreading faster, it is more likely due to the bad decision to force people into close quarters with one another for weeks on end. Because that is how the virus spreads. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That must be how we know there is exponential growth? There is exponential growth in the number of tests being done. Infection percentages were estimated to be 70 to 80 times higher that what was confirmed and presumed. The actual pool of infected people has always been much higher than what was known, and now that testing is taking off like a rocket, so is the number of confirmed cases.

There may not be any way to prove that it's spreading any faster than it had always been. But, if it were spreading faster, it is more likely due to the bad decision to force people into close quarters with one another for weeks on end. Because that is how the virus spreads. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?
The number of cases is not important except as a leading indicator with low correlation.
Tracking hospitalizations is the best tracking element as well as deaths.
The whole purpose of lockdown was to ensure that hospitalizations, especially ICU utilization, did not exceed capacity.
There are a few locations where hospitalization capacity is problematic.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The number of cases is not important except as a leading indicator with low correlation.
The whole purpose of lockdown was to ensure that hospitalizations, especially ICU utilization, did not exceed capacity.

4 counties in Florida announced 100% hospital capacity due to Covd-19.

Houston mayor announced impending hospital failure due to Covid-19.

A major Kansas city announced $100,000 purchases of cooler space to store the bodies of Covid-19 victims.

12 states report a 50%+ increase in Covid-19 cases.
All just this weekend.

So keep on with your lies of, "it's not getting worse, we're just testing more" bull:censored2:!

Just because small minds can not understand that the lag time between contracting the virus and then needing medical intervention makes the correlation with increasing virus spread paramount!

vantexan

4 counties in Florida announced 100% hospital capacity due to Covd-19.

Houston mayor announced impending hospital failure due to Covid-19.

A major Kansas city announced $100,000 purchases of cooler space to store the bodies of Covid-19 victims.

12 states report a 50%+ increase in Covid-19 cases.
All just this weekend.

So keep on with your lies of, "it's not getting worse, we're just testing more" bull:censored2:!

Just because small minds can not understand that the lag time between contracting the virus and then needing medical intervention makes the correlation with increasing virus spread paramount!
Yah, all the people who had waited for procedures during the shutdown are in the hospitals now PLUS the uptick in new Covid-19 cases. Would be interesting to know if the death rate has also increased for the new cases as it hit primarily young adults who didn't social distance after the shutdowns were lifted.

vantexan

Small minds can't seem very to understand that unemployment decreased at the same rate in tRump's first 3 years as it did when Obama was in office. All tRump had to do is not :censored2: it up!

Oh wait, what is the unemployment right now?
Liar! The rate didn't just steadily drop in a natural progression. Obama's policies couldn't get it below a certain level. Trump's policies got it to record lows. RECORD LOWS that Obama couldn't achieve because he did little to help business. Reducing corporate taxes and regulations gave business incentive to expand and hire. Apparently you were navel gazing during Economics 101.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Hospitalizations and death, only 20 some thousand hospitalizations since the beginning, and death rates are dropping like a rock. I'm still trying to figure out how over 100,000 people died of this without ever being hospitalized. It wasn't due to capacity shortage anywhere that I've read about. I mean, even if they didn't have the ventilators for everyone, they still had the beds.

The areas where hospitalizations are problematic are so due to a new treatment whereby they oxygenate the blood directly rather than using ventilators, which they now know was a bad idea due to the damage they did to the lungs. The equipment for the new treatment is even more scarce. Hospitals still have tons of space, just not enough of the equipment they now want to use. I wonder if dialysis machines could be altered to meet the need, there's tons of those around.