Coronavirus

vantexan

Hospitalizations and death, only 20 some thousand hospitalizations since the beginning, and death rates are dropping like a rock. I'm still trying to figure out how over 100,000 people died of this without ever being hospitalized. It wasn't due to capacity shortage anywhere that I've read about. I mean, even if they didn't have the ventilators for everyone, they still had the beds.

The areas where hospitalizations are problematic are so due to a new treatment whereby they oxygenate the blood directly rather than using ventilators, which they now know was a bad idea due to the damage they did to the lungs. The equipment for the new treatment is even more scarce. Hospitals still have tons of space, just not enough of the equipment they now want to use. I wonder if dialysis machines could be altered to meet the need, there's tons of those around.
An actual factual response instead of the lies @Benben loves to spread.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
4 counties in Florida announced 100% hospital capacity due to Covd-19.

Houston mayor announced impending hospital failure due to Covid-19.

A major Kansas city announced $100,000 purchases of cooler space to store the bodies of Covid-19 victims.

12 states report a 50%+ increase in Covid-19 cases.
All just this weekend.

So keep on with your lies of, "it's not getting worse, we're just testing more" bull:censored2:!

Just because small minds can not understand that the lag time between contracting the virus and then needing medical intervention makes the correlation with increasing virus spread paramount!
I'm sorry that you have the comprehension of a brick.

I did not say "it's not getting worse, we're just testing more" ... you make up s:censored2:t in your head and think it's true.

I said, "Tracking hospitalizations is the best tracking element as well as deaths."

I also said, "There are a few locations where hospitalization capacity is problematic."

You are just a total idiot! You blast me and then provide facts to back up my point.

Last edited:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Liar! The rate didn't just steadily drop in a natural progression. Obama's policies couldn't get it below a certain level. Trump's policies got it to record lows. RECORD LOWS that Obama couldn't achieve because he did little to help business. Reducing corporate taxes and regulations gave business incentive to expand and hire. Apparently you were navel gazing during Economics 101.

Racist!

Look at the history! Use your head! Stop letting Alex Jones do your thinking for you!

My Econ class was not taught by that hack Art Laffer! You really need better men to admire!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm sorry that you are an idiot with the comprehension of a brick wall.

I did not say "it's not getting worse, we're just testing more" ... you make up s:censored2:t in your head and think it's true.

I said, "Tracking hospitalizations is the best tracking element as well as deaths."

I also said, "There are a few locations where hospitalization capacity is problematic."

You are just a total idiot! You blast me and then provide facts to back up my point.

Total friend:censored2:king idiot!

He responded to your post, but I think he was referring to me about the testing. What I said is true, though, so he couldn't bring himself to respond to me directly.

vantexan

Racist!

Look at the history! Use your head! Stop letting Alex Jones do your thinking for you!

My Econ class was not taught by that hack Art Laffer! You really need better men to admire!
Even when it's not racist it's racist to you eh comrade? The reason Obama's numbers improved were simply because people returned to work after the Great Recession, not anything he did. Trump actually did something to get unemployment to RECORD LOWS.

Benben

Hospitalizations and death, only 20 some thousand hospitalizations since the beginning, and death rates are dropping like a rock. I'm still trying to figure out how over 100,000 people died of this without ever being hospitalized. It wasn't due to capacity shortage anywhere that I've read about. I mean, even if they didn't have the ventilators for everyone, they still had the beds.

Pull your head out of the tRump :censored2:!!! There have been over 10, 000 hospitalization in Florida ALONE!!

rickyb

sad to see america failed so badly:

1593972992679.png

rickyb

It says right there, actual cases are higher than confirmed. US is testing more, so confirmations are higher. This is evidence that we a winning in testing, but you go ahead and read it how you want.
you have way more cases of corona because the govt botched the bailout to the people, and you reopened too soon, plus trump stuck his head in the sand about it and didnt take action.

i agree that the numbers are higher than indicated but that doesnt mean US is bridging the gap between EU performance.

vantexan

you have way more cases of corona because the govt botched the bailout to the people, and you reopened too soon, plus trump stuck his head in the sand about it and didnt take action.

i agree that the numbers are higher than indicated but that doesnt mean US is bridging the gap between EU performance.
Still up to governors of each state, not up to Trump.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Pull your head out of the tRump :censored2:!!! There have been over 10, 000 hospitalization in Florida ALONE!!

Well, that link didn't say how many hospitalizations there were, the chart just showed a 7 day rolling average of hospitalizations. CDC does say cumulative hospitalizations are up over 30,000 now, so I was working off some older data. My original question is still sound. Why have over 100,000 people died of covid without ever having been hospitalized?

Go ahead and keep bringing up Trump. It's the individual states' responses that are behind the numbers. It is more important to your puppet masters to skew the numbers to make Trump look bad than it is to use the real interpretation of numbers to make their puppet Governors look good. Oh wait they can't do that because the lock down orders were a terrible, tragic misstep. Drawing too much attention to them would make the Governors look bad. So gloss it all over, blame it on Trump. That's what this whole thing is about anyway. Not public health. Your continued insistence on mentioning Trump where it doesn't apply just provides more evidence of such.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

We don't need to bridge the gap. They need to increase their testing to catch up with us. They won't, though, because they see how the media is twisting the data.

Benben

Well, that link didn't say how many hospitalizations there were, the chart just showed a 7 day rolling average of hospitalizations. CDC does say cumulative hospitalizations are up over 30,000 now, so I was working off some older data. My original question is still sound. Why have over 100,000 people died of covid without ever having been hospitalized?

You are kidding me right?? You are unable to read the graph?? It's God damned picture with numbers, how hard is that??

You honestly believe 100,000 died without being taken to the hospital? North Koreans are like, "damn, even our healthcare is better than that!"

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You are kidding me right?? You are unable to read the graph?? It's God damned picture with numbers, how hard is that??

You honestly believe 100,000 died without being taken to the hospital? North Koreans are like, "damn, even our healthcare is better than that!"

I read the graph, it only has a rolling number of weekly average hospitalizations. It wasn't new hospitalizations weekly, so adding them up wouldn't give you an accurate number.

There are other articles claiming closer to 15,000 hospitalization with no links to official numbers. The FL DOH website, at least the mobile version, doesn't list hospitalization stats.

CDC reports over 130,000 deaths, and over 30,000 hospitalizations. I'll wait while you use common core math to figure out the difference. I guess FL is so bad that they have half of all hospitalizations in the country.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
These videos of a billion fireworks being shot off in Los Angeles are absolutely wild

The city of Los Angeles, like many cities across the country, cancelled all the annual fireworks displays that usually light up the sky on the 4th of July.

Instead of professional firework shows there were about a billion (give or take) illegal fireworks shot into the sky by normal people who were looking to have some fun.

Yeah, so much for Gavin Newsome's government overreach. lol