Coronavirus

refineryworker05

you might as well have supported Bush too. same policies as the two you supported. Bush is not in sharp contrast . Trump is and will either go down as the president who saved the republic from extreme liberalism or the last semi conservative president before we fell down the liberal black hole.
LOL, conservatives loved GWBush when he was president. They called him a great war time president. Said he was called by god to fight th war on terror and defend America. conservatives loved the Iraq War and the war on terrorism, they loved torture and indefinite detention, etc. It is truly revealing whenever trump fans who were almost certainly GWBush fans pretend they didn't love GWBush. The reason is because GWBush is seen as a failure as president and he was a failure, trump will be seen the same and will be disavowed by the same people who will be on to supporting the next horrible leader.

refineryworker05

liberal generated data does indeed show that. Clinton only had to get shut down by a republican congress multiple times before he finally adjusted his failed economic policies .

Reagan and Trump achieved economically successful results that no dem thought possible.
Democrats are legends in their own minds only
What is liberal generated data? I am saying republicans really just make stuff up. Smh. The economy does better under Democratic president than republicans. The last three republican presidents have presided over recessions.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
to be fair one of the articles from consumer reports said masks were mixed leaning towards recommending them.

a conservative said either we wear a mask and dont social distance, or social distance and dont wear a mask. then someone compared it to wearing a seatbelt and following hte speed limit LOL

So this is wrong. The people recommending masks still say it is important to keep 6 ft apart, even when masked. That is actually up from the previous recommendation of 3 ft. One of the less informed criticisms of mask wearing is that it gives people a false sense of security that makes them feel they can violate social distancing. It's not supposed to be either or, it's supposed to be both. I'm an advocate of keeping your distance, but getting a little closer in passing isn't going to be enough for transmission, mask or no.

vantexan

Not reality. The last two republican presidents have presided over recessions. Horrible economies. In fact, the data shows that the economy does better under democratic presidents.
Extenuating circumstances. Of the last three Democrat presidents only Clinton had a good economy. And that after the Republicans captured Congress for the first time in 40 years and forced Clinton to be more conservative.

vantexan

LOL, conservatives loved GWBush when he was president. They called him a great war time president. Said he was called by god to fight th war on terror and defend America. conservatives loved the Iraq War and the war on terrorism, they loved torture and indefinite detention, etc. It is truly revealing whenever trump fans who were almost certainly GWBush fans pretend they didn't love GWBush. The reason is because GWBush is seen as a failure as president and he was a failure, trump will be seen the same and will be disavowed by the same people who will be on to supporting the next horrible leader.
That's just silly.

floridays

Lets get one thing straight, GW is not and has never been a conservative, I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative, I refused to vote for GW the first time.

Don't think you can speak for conservatives, and the silly stuff about called by God is unfounded, I challenge you to produce any evidence of such.

I hope I define myself with my posts, you definitely have defined yourself in my view. I do respect that, needless to say it's doubtful I'll invite you over for a beer.
@Fred's Myth last 2 sentences cold enough to drink? :lol::thumbup1:

refineryworker05

That's just silly.
Nope its factual. conservatives did love GWBush and did call him a great war time president who was put in place by god to defend America. And conservatives defended it all, the war in Iraq, the war on terror, torture, indefinite detention, etc. Now trump fans who were almost certainly GWBush fans pretend they didn't love GWBush because his presidency was a disaster. This is the fate awaiting trump.

refineryworker05

Extenuating circumstances. Of the last three Democrat presidents only Clinton had a good economy. And that after the Republicans captured Congress for the first time in 40 years and forced Clinton to be more conservative.
Nope the economy under president Obama was good. When he left office the unemployment rate was down to 4.7. The Stock Market was up to 21000 when he was elected it was under 8000. Even the economy under Carter wasn't that bad. Go look up the stats.

The last three republican presidents all presided over a recession and trump and GWBush had horrible recessions.

refineryworker05

Lets get one thing straight, GW is not and has never been a conservative, I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative, I refused to vote for GW the first time.

Don't think you can speak for conservatives, and the silly stuff about called by God is unfounded, I challenge you to produce any evidence of such.

I hope I define myself with my posts, you definitely have defined yourself in my view. I do respect that, needless to say it's doubtful I'll invite you over for a beer.
@Fred's Myth last 2 sentences cold enough to drink? :lol::thumbup1:
If you think I care if GWBush is a conservative.... I said conservatives loved GWBush and they did. trump has no real conservative history. So I really don't get your point. I have no idea why Im going to produce evidence go look it up yourself

floridays

If you think I care if GWBush is a conservative.... I said conservatives loved GWBush and they did. trump has no real conservative history. So I really don't get your point. I have no idea why Im going to produce evidence go look it up yourself
I said this conservative didn't love GW. Conservatives voted for GW, minus me the first time, because there was no alternative, not for love.

Well you made the point, I would hope you can support a point you've made when called upon.
Better yet use it as documentation when the claim is made.
Trump has no history as a conservative, we agree, exactly why I supported Ted Cruz in the primaries. Trump has governed, for the most part as a conservative whether by design or accident. Neither make a difference to me, it's the results. Many have run as "conservative" and been wolves in sheep's clothing. Trump has delivered the goods to the best of his ability, mostly by himself and against great opposition from the democrats and his own party. For that express reason many like me love him and are dedicated to the love he shows for America and Americans.

floridays

Nope the economy under president Obama was good. When he left office the unemployment rate was down to 4.7. The Stock Market was up to 21000 when he was elected it was under 8000. Even the economy under Carter wasn't that bad. Go look up the stats.

The last three republican presidents all presided over a recession and trump and GWBush had horrible recessions.
I was alive under Carter, no need to look at stats. It sucked. I actually voted for that clown.

floridays

The Stock Market was up to 21000 when he was elected it was under 8000.
That is untrue, whether an intentional lie, bad memory or just pulling a number from your backside.

November 8, 2016 the market closed at 18,332.7

Based on most proxies, it appears the market is pricing in a victory by Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

We'll have coverage of the election results and the market reaction throughout the night, so check out the live blog for all the latest updates.

We've also got the headlines of the day, but first, the scoreboard:

• Dow: 18,332.74, +73.14, (+0.40%)
STOCKS RISE AS AMERICA VOTES: Here's what you need to know

vantexan

Nope its factual. conservatives did love GWBush and did call him a great war time president who was put in place by god to defend America. And conservatives defended it all, the war in Iraq, the war on terror, torture, indefinite detention, etc. Now trump fans who were almost certainly GWBush fans pretend they didn't love GWBush because his presidency was a disaster. This is the fate awaiting trump.
That's just silly.

vantexan

Dude I lived through Carter's economy. We had ridiculous inflation and his foreign policy was a shambles. Obama had stagnation, period. And his foreign policy lit up the Middle East and North Africa.

refineryworker05

I said this conservative didn't love GW. Conservatives voted for GW, minus me the first time, because there was no alternative, not for love.

Well you made the point, I would hope you can support a point you've made when called upon.
Better yet use it as documentation when the claim is made.
Trump has no history as a conservative, we agree, exactly why I supported Ted Cruz in the primaries. Trump has governed, for the most part as a conservative whether by design or accident. Neither make a difference to me, it's the results. Many have run as "conservative" and been wolves in sheep's clothing. Trump has delivered the goods to the best of his ability, mostly by himself and against great opposition from the democrats and his own party. For that express reason many like me love him and are dedicated to the love he shows for America and Americans.
Conservatives did love GWBush and they defended everything he did. At the time they played up his religious beliefs as to why he was such a great war time president who was put there by god to defend America. GWBush ran on defeating terrorism, military strength, spreading American freedom to the middle east, he was anti-gay marriage, etc, that's all very traditional conservative ideology. conservatives only try to disclaim GWBush because his presidency is seen as a disaster because it was a disaster, the same fate awaits trump.
As far as trump being more conservative I only see it from one thing. Trump ran as a moderate, he said he'd raise the taxes of rich people like himself, he said he'd protect social security and medicare. He said he would restrict legal immigration and ban muslims, He attacks trade agreements, international organizations, treaties, and American allies. He publicly tries to take credit for the jobs created by American companies, he directly tries to interfere in how private companies conduct their businesses, he openly attacks private companies as president to do his bidding, none of those actions are traditional American conservative positions. The only thing he is more conservative than GWBush and most other conservative elected officials is that trump is more openly against non white Americans than most conservatives are in public. He says illegal mexican immigrants are rapists, he says a judge can't sit on his case because he is Mexican, he calls for the ban of muslims, he says why do we bring in people from s hole nations like Africa and Haiti that we need to bring in people from Norway. In that way, his white nationalism is more openly conservative, but other than that... He has been about as conservative as the rest of them.

refineryworker05

That is untrue, whether an intentional lie, bad memory or just pulling a number from your backside.

November 8, 2016 the market closed at 18,332.7

Based on most proxies, it appears the market is pricing in a victory by Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

We'll have coverage of the election results and the market reaction throughout the night, so check out the live blog for all the latest updates.

We've also got the headlines of the day, but first, the scoreboard:

• Dow: 18,332.74, +73.14, (+0.40%)
STOCKS RISE AS AMERICA VOTES: Here's what you need to know
Obama was president until January 20, 2017 which is what I posted. The dow jones was probably closer to 20000 than 21000, but the point still stands the stock market went up a lot during Obama's presidency.

refineryworker05

Dude I lived through Carter's economy. We had ridiculous inflation and his foreign policy was a shambles. Obama had stagnation, period. And his foreign policy lit up the Middle East and North Africa.
Yes there were challenges during the Carter presidency with the economy, but again go look at the indicators, economically it wasn't that bad.

In terms of Obama, The unemployment rate was like 12-13% when he took office and when he left it was down to 4.7%, the dow jones was under 8000 and about 20000 when he left. The economy was good under president Obama.